In total there are 8 users online :: 3 Registered, 2 Hidden and 3 Guests

Kairo Khrona, The Creator, Tymon

Most users ever online was 49 on Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:56 pm
Statistics
We have 167 registered users
The newest registered user is Yoshikage

Our users have posted a total of 18058 messages in 2923 subjects
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of The Crystal Dimension on your social bookmarking website

Share | 

Journal Prompts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tear M. Lacrimoso
Shinigami Tsukuyomi :: Moon's Eye Mirror; Keeper of the Crystal Heart

Dog
Pisces Male Reputation : 1
Job/hobbies : The Teacher

PostSubject: Journal Prompts   Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:49 pm

JOURNAL PROMPTS [updated 4/17/17]

Class 1
Write about your own writing process. What sorts of writing do you enjoy? And/or not enjoy? What’s your strategy for starting and finishing a writing project?

Class 2
Write about your weekend. Describe it. Reflect.

Class 3
Write about a song–the music, the lyrics, the artist, whatever–that’s bouncing around your head at the moment. If you feel like it, reflect on why you react to it.

Class 4
Write about breakfast. How do you feel about it? What are you favorite things to eat at breakfast? Why? Describe them. Be specific.

Class 5
Write about your commute to school. Any aspect of it you want. Are you looking forward to arriving or wishing the trip were longer?

Class 6
Write about sports. How do you feel when you’re playing them? Watching them? Do you love sports? Think they’re silly? Which ones and why? What do you think of fandom?

Class 7
Write about something that makes you smile. But it needs to be something unexpected–something you suspect has the opposite effect on most people. Why does it make you smile?

Class 8
One-on-One Meetings

Class 9
Write about waking up. Bring the scene to life with specificity and detail: how do things feel, sound, etc? How do you feel? Put the reader in your shoes.

Class 10
Write about anticipation. How does the experience of waiting for something compare to the moment when that thing actually arrives/happens/comes about?

Class 11
Write about politics. Not necessarily in terms of your personal views (you don’t have to discuss whom you voted for), but rather how you feel about politics in general. Do they affect your life? Do you think they matter? Etc.

Class 12
Write about art museums. Do you get anything out of the experience of going to them? Do you enjoy it? Do you hate it and completely fail to see the point?
Back to top Go down
Tear M. Lacrimoso

Dog

PostSubject: Re: Journal Prompts   Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:05 pm

Class 1
Write about your own writing process. What sorts of writing do you enjoy? And/or not enjoy? What’s your strategy for starting and finishing a writing project?

Response:
My writing process differs by necessity and comfortability. Where there is room for growth, I apply my focus there and allow all of the other more refined elements of my skills simmer where they may instead of trying to boost up all of my already greatest features. They define themselves and allow for the definition of other works simultaneously whilst allowing the flexibility and freedom of consistently and constantly being able to fluctuate between them, take a break without getting the notorious 'Writer's Block' from having focused on something for too long trying to get it accomplish. I don't finish most things to completion immediately, and even if I do, I end up adding onto them later on. The Writing Process actually just goes on forever all the time for me, quite honestly. It's as much a part of my life as talking, even if only informally and personally based on my communication and notation system.
Back to top Go down
Tear M. Lacrimoso

Dog

PostSubject: Re: Journal Prompts   Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:04 pm

Class 2
Write about your weekend. Describe it. Reflect.

Response:

The fullness of the scale and depth of my thoughts and feelings about my weekend are indefinite, however to put them into a brief summary or synopsis, I will explain day-by-day the high points and low points of the extremity of my weekend.

Friday; I got a lot of work done regarding the Veritas, my Art hub home base. I furthered many stories and developed a great deal of very important concepts, implementing them where and as they may pertaining to the ultimate grand design of the full measure of my accumulative works over the course of my entire life. This was most pleasing to me, for whenever I make such great and chief advancements in my work, it makes my heart soar. Therefore, Friday brought great blessings unto me.

Saturday; After feeling the goodness of progression in my works to a point of great development, I made my way to work on Saturday, as I do. Because I had not finished what I was doing with my own works and I dislike having to stop what I am doing in the middle of any developments until I am fully done, I was somewhat upset because of the break in my schedule. However, many of my coworkers were friendly and pleasant and I felt less stressed about the works that I had to do both at the workplace and of my own business. I opened up more and felt pleased that I could do so and get closer to them.

Sunday; My Birthday. The days had gone on quite swimmingly all the way up until my birthday, which my enemies (some of which are coworkers) decided to rear up and do something atrocious. In their spite (of which I presume is because of my developments with my work making them feel some sort of way inside) they were foul to me, and revealed their true faces to me. The people whom I called friends, workers and family showed that all they really care about is what I can do for them and how they can benefit from being associated with me and my work, even though they secretly don't like me nor want me to be happy. Because of this, I no longer trust anyone and instead see everyone as a potential enemy even if they are friends. I do not desire to share my works nor its fruit with anyone anymore, no matter what sort of advancements are made. I do not want them to touch it nor be associated with it and have seen clearly that these people who lie to my face and be fake in front of me will not change. I discarded many and made it a notion to continue to cut off and completely burn the bridges of a great deal of people. Then perhaps I can have peace and share my fruits with people deserving, and not just these conceited ugly people with entitlement to something that isn't theirs by association. No manners and no respect.
Back to top Go down
Tear M. Lacrimoso

Dog

PostSubject: Re: Journal Prompts   Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:06 pm

Class 3
Write about a song–the music, the lyrics, the artist, whatever–that’s bouncing around your head at the moment. If you feel like it, reflect on why you react to it.

Response:

The music and lyrics that stand out most to me right now are not actually words but the length of an operatic score. The song, titled 'The Battle For Everyone's Souls', has only the vocals of an operatic score, yet when I hear the tone, it is like lyrical music. The words as a single tone are the notes of the heavens, and the musical score, itself, says volumes about the song as if it were words.
Back to top Go down
Tear M. Lacrimoso

Dog

PostSubject: Re: Journal Prompts   Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:07 pm

Class 4
Write about breakfast. How do you feel about it? What are you favorite things to eat at breakfast? Why? Describe them. Be specific.

Response:

Though I have no real preference in terms of which food is eaten at what time of the day, I typically enjoy the standard bacon/sausage, eggs and/or waffles/pancakes for breakfast. If not, I also enjoy eating pizza or sandwiches. I enjoy eating hot foods that will warm my innards and has a taste that is juicy and filled with flavor. I do not like to eat too much in order to fill myself, but I enjoy eating small bits and pieces over an extended period of time. Though I do not eat to satisfy a taste always, I do enjoy what has a satisfying taste for my craving should one arise. Often I eat only for sustenance and only just barely, so sometimes breakfast is completely cut out of my diet, even if I have a taste.
Back to top Go down
Tear M. Lacrimoso

Dog

PostSubject: Re: Journal Prompts   Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:13 pm

Class 5
Write about your commute to school. Any aspect of it you want. Are you looking forward to arriving or wishing the trip were longer?

Response:

Hand-In (Written Copy) - Teacher *Reference
Back to top Go down
Tear M. Lacrimoso

Dog

PostSubject: Re: Journal Prompts   Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:24 pm

Class 6
Write about sports. How do you feel when you’re playing them? Watching them? Do you love sports? Think they’re silly? Which ones and why? What do you think of fandom?

Response:

I like sports, especially very particular ones, however I don't particularly enjoy the competition between them. This is only a personal preference of mine because I play for fun and not competitively, even if I could be skilled in competitive game play.

Sports is exactly the same as gaming. The concept of a sport is to make a game into something enjoyable, entertaining and potentially profitable, which is exactly what video games do. It inspires competition through the gameplay and the audience engagement via entertainment. It also exercises the body in ways that should keep one healthy if they are not stressed nor overworked. Overworking someone who has a good and strong body wears them out too quickly, and people who overwork themselves ruin their careers too early by stressing themselves out by pushing themselves too hard unnecessarily. Instead of growing, they just tire themselves out. The only reason they even do that is because of competition, and it's actually something that should really be considered.

I like the tactical, strategic and game play portions of sports. All of those things are fun because I like coming up with strategies and formations and alignments and such just because I am who I am. I enjoy games and creating them quite a lot. Therefore I like when things happen in game play that are progressive to the game and my evolution in it. Everything else is more or less passive and progressive as I go. I have no concern with competition, nor exerting myself beyond the limitations of my comfort in order to accomplish such. I play until I'm done and when I'm done I'm no longer playing, like with any game. The fact that it is physical does not change the rules that it is a game and breaks are to be had, stress is not to be placed and excess is detrimental.

Fandom is good for support. Everyone likes to know that they have people who know them, feel for them, support them and understand them in some way, shape or form. People who like to push the movement and progress the flow of the team. The team spirit goes beyond just the team because of the support, and the fans give the players something that only comes from their outward clear knowledge that they have their support. Otherwise, a player only playing for himself isn't actually playing for nor with a team. The team is more than players and the relationship between athlete and fan is similar to how any sort of star with fans functions. All of their fans actually help to make them great.
Back to top Go down
Tear M. Lacrimoso

Dog

PostSubject: Re: Journal Prompts   Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:24 pm

Class 7
Write about something that makes you smile. But it needs to be something unexpected–something you suspect has the opposite effect on most people. Why does it make you smile?

Response:

A strange thing that makes me smile is sentimentality from someone who does not often express emotion or depth of emotion. This makes me smile because it reveals to me a layer beyond the surface that is deeper and more complex. It also is pleasant to hear the honest feelings and thoughts of others and to know about what they are emotionally connected to. The matters of the mind and heart are interesting to me to the point where sentiments, which people tend to avoid to prevent being vulnerable, are a sign of being comfortable and building relationships more firmly. I like for my relationships with others to be open, honest and full of expression, so sentimentality is one of the most major things that pleases me in general because of this.

When other people decide to open up to me despite whatever sort of insecurity or vulnerability they may have within themselves, I notice and take this into consideration. Therefore when I do notice it, I take into account more sensitive manners of dealing with someone who would open up to me so that I am as careful with their sentiments as possible because they were strong enough to open up at all.
Back to top Go down
Tear M. Lacrimoso

Dog

PostSubject: Re: Journal Prompts   Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:25 pm

Class 8
One-on-One Meetings
Back to top Go down
Tear M. Lacrimoso

Dog

PostSubject: Re: Journal Prompts   Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:26 pm

Class 9
Write about waking up. Bring the scene to life with specificity and detail: how do things feel, sound, etc? How do you feel? Put the reader in your shoes.

Response:

When I wake up out of sleep, normally it is in some sort of sifting daze that seeps seamlessly between the time of my waking up to actually becoming conscious from out of a state of dreaminess. I usually feel static, unless I was stimulated by the dream I had. Unless I have something to take care of, I generally review my day and my thoughts in my head whilst I'm still groggy so that I can plan accordingly and think about anything at least once so nothing ends up being a surprise. I like to always have a plan for my entire day within the degree of capability based on what prior knowledge I have or previous engagements I must fulfill. Typically, if I have nothing to do outside, I immediately get to work on my computer and start dealing with my variable arts in some way. I organize those things just as intricately as I do my thoughts for the day, so by the time I actually start moving or getting ready to move, I end up already having everything I need thought about in my head, at least.

Sometimes, I may mumble or mutter to myself as I review the tasks of the day over and over, trying to find the best sequence and methods of execution for said sequence before there is no more time. This sometimes takes up too much time and I may end up late for things that I must do outside of my home. Because so much thought goes into everything I need to be doing, the time constraints that limit the fullness of my thoughts get put on a back burner because the priority of the full completion of my thoughts is very crucial to my actual progression in any way, shape or form, unless I am simply acting lucidly.
Back to top Go down
Tear M. Lacrimoso

Dog

PostSubject: Re: Journal Prompts   Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:27 pm

Class 10
Write about anticipation. How does the experience of waiting for something compare to the moment when that thing actually arrives/happens/comes about?

Response:

When I am anticipating something, the buildup process behind it stimulates me for as long as the length of time that I would think about it inclusive to the further thoughts or feelings that progress the buildup to the destination.

When I am participating in something, both the parameters of the buildup and the longevity of the expectation being met along with priority of latent efficacy factor into how much I enjoy the event as well as how long I continue to partake of it.
Back to top Go down
Tear M. Lacrimoso

Dog

PostSubject: Re: Journal Prompts   Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:28 pm

Class 11
Write about politics. Not necessarily in terms of your personal views (you don’t have to discuss whom you voted for), but rather how you feel about politics in general. Do they affect your life? Do you think they matter? Etc.

Response:

My view on politics is geared toward no one perspective or political standpoint, but all of them together to be utilized in different periods of time given different scenarios and states of being. Sometimes, certain types of government are necessary for a specific time and regular shifting between them helps stabilize the economy based on the needs of the society rather than a one set standard that never changes and therefore stunts the growth of the society. Because I am aware of this, I cannot consciously choose one type of government nor political standpoint, but enforce each of them at a different point based on variables that tie into why said political party and government branch is necessary at the time.

All political parties are necessary as are all representatives of every party, however not all of them should be separated by 'which one is better.' Because all of them have their own strengths and weaknesses independently and also tie in together as a genre, shifting of the political voice, view, perspective and standpoint in regular cycles just like the seasons will season the nation and the people that are governed by it. The experience of numerous political standpoints and government types of rule with the comfort of being able to know the government will once again shift to a different type after a set time -- no matter how good or bad one time may be -- will groom those effected and give them a greater sense of judgment universally and be able to appreciate the actual concept of politics and the government as they are supposed to be.

Despite how I feel about this, the way politics is presently relies too much on the will of the masses who know nothing of how to govern themselves, which makes it illogical for them to be able to choose without first having experience of each. The fear of remaining in a comfort zone creates a boundary that isolates people from new experiences that will help to make them more well-rounded and wise. Both the government and the people can learn something new from trying new politics and shifting government types instead of remaining stagnant or relying only on the ignorant masses who will never choose beyond what they know and are already comfortable with.

Politics is essential, but the way it is used currently is both flawed and unfinished. It's the system of something that is perpetually recycling what is old and never actually moving. The cycle of politics and government is a movement of judgment and law, which also is evolution for a great many people once such a window is opened up to the great and vast diversity of each political type and the intricate ways they can be governed at any given time. I actually find it very fascinating and something I will experiment heavily with at my own leisure.
Back to top Go down
Tear M. Lacrimoso

Dog

PostSubject: Re: Journal Prompts   Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:28 pm

Class 12
Write about art museums. Do you get anything out of the experience of going to them? Do you enjoy it? Do you hate it and completely fail to see the point?

Response:

I really like Art Museums. Every one I've been to seems thorough enough, yet it also remains vague and up to the interpretation of the viewer, as Art is supposed to be. However, sometimes I believe that the gap between the understanding of why the art is left up to the interpretation and the interpretation that is formed from it is left largely untouched, which skews the perception of the art to the viewer if they are not an artist nor understand the concepts of art, which are also things that must be taught to them. At the end of the day, I feel like there is a great deal of value wasted due to the lack of education on the interpretation of art, itself, thereby making the actual purpose of what a Museum and what Art are for completely diminished. Artists may understand, but others who are not educated in Art would not, even though they go inside. They might even get the wrong interpretation and detract from the artistic value with the slanderous comments. Though it is necessary to hear everything anyone says, the diminishing property is still applicable only because of the lack of communication.

I definitely appreciate the value of the Art Museum and both Art and Museums together and independently for each individual value. All of them are extremely crucial and relevant to the consciousness of the economy. There are many key contributing factors that go into the understanding of why it exists that make its existence as a foundation of historical reference of progression essential for and at face value. The degree of its importance may vary from person to person, but as a whole and a house for all those different perspectives, gathering and archiving as much historical pieces as accurately as possible in progressive manners in different eras really helps to put life into perspective and how life was or could once again be.
Back to top Go down
Tear M. Lacrimoso

Dog

PostSubject: Re: Journal Prompts   Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:23 am

Journal 13

Artistic Criticism

I believe that all of the criticism that goes into the critique of art is all important. Sometimes they are too harsh to someone who may not be prepared to be broken down fully, but for one who is looking for particular speculation, critics that analyze in depth is important for them.

Critics are important at different levels and degrees. Some people need a tough critic to hone them and others need a more flexible, soft critic that doesn't tear them down but builds up whatever they are doing which has the passion of the artist.

The focus of the critic is to build and support and refine others, so being compliant to the needs of the sensitive artist, the fresh artist and the seasoned artist in fluctuation is extremely important for a good critic. A critic shouldn't always be critical and harsh, and a good critic has many flexible degrees.
Back to top Go down
Tear M. Lacrimoso

Dog

PostSubject: Re: Journal Prompts   Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:44 am

Journal 14

School Experience

I believe that coming to Tribeca Flashpoint was a good decision, despite it being too early for me to be able to focus on what I need to do because I'm not done with other things I was doing prior to coming. Despite how wonderful a resource it is and will be, I cannot use it if I'm not yet done with what I need to be doing beyond it that incorporates my artwork. Therefore, much of the product value is both wasted and useless as long as priority is not on my completion, and therethen becomes the point where it wastes time and money. Fortunately, I keep up with my own things well enough to be able to maintain the things I need to beyond it, however there is no higher priority than my own works, because all of my own value is in that. Everything has its own value that differs from person to person and item to item, so that is to say that the most maximum value will not be able to be utilized until the other values are more balanced and suitable.

There are too many desires that I am aware that I have no intention to consider giving to others before I can focus on them, which is why I do not. Being forced into a situation where I must give others what I have before I can finish what I am doing also does nothing but waste everyone's time. I can utilize everything I ever gather alone all by myself, regardless of if I am in an institution or if I am alone, by myself. That is why it is very important for others not to waste the time I am with them by feeding their own desires, as is what happens very often. I do not participate because I have no intention of arousing nor feeding the desires of others. I simply do not have time to deal with excessively interested people who want more after exposure before I have time to finish what I was doing, unless what is being done is in direct correlation to EXACTLY what I am doing at the time. Because this is usually never so, and very often directly OPPOSITE of what I'm doing (which I generally deem intentional), I end up having less of an interest and less of a desire to share my work because of how others react to it and disrespect the process in which it not only must be completed, but also the fact that it isn't yet completed before attempting to hurl on many labors just to test me. Because people test me often, I'm aware of how it all works, but I never comprehend how others hate to be tested, but the first instinct is for them to test another.

Beyond the fact that I know that it was too early for me to begin doing anything and being involved with other people (as I usually do), there are still very good things and key information that I have picked up which is not only very important, but completely necessary and useful for what I am doing and what I will need in the future. Despite how useful it may be, the stress of having to work through what I have to do and what others want me to do before I'm done with it will always diminish the full extent of my output, and therefore no one will ever receive my best work except perhaps myself, and only because I know I deserve my own best, if I feel like it.

Now, I definitely see potential. The potential is phenomenal, as it usually is whenever I ever move toward something or see something of interest. I am never wrong about potential, but the potential diminishes the more I work toward it because of outside factors degrading it as I focus on it and move toward it, ultimately making whatever I have my attention on subject to degeneration. Something usually happens that causes a setback or misfire that ends with a horrible calamity that totally makes whatever gets in my way and whatever was in the area completely destroyed. I try my best to prevent it, but once I see the potential, other people see me seeing potential and detract from it until it is worthless and I move on to the next thing. I still keep all that I learned, but I never reach the full potential, so there is never anything done to completion without devastation. As long as long as I am not stopped and there are no disturbances, I believe it will be the best asset I have currently with a great outcome and outlook on the future. In terms of resources, networking and availability for social space and artistic freedom, all of that is just what I need. I couldn't ask for a better place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Journal Prompts   

Back to top Go down

Journal Prompts
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1