The Veritas; The Crystal Dimension
"The Veritas Is Under Attack. Again... By Bill Gates, The Government, And Kenzie Reeves, Who Works For Them. I'll Let You Know If Anyone Else Ever Does Get 'System Passwords' From Me." - Founder/Owner (Tymon Nikia Bolton II)
"The Veritas Is Under Attack. Again... By Bill Gates, The Government, And Kenzie Reeves, Who Works For Them. I'll Let You Know If Anyone Else Ever Does Get 'System Passwords' From Me." - Founder/Owner (Tymon Nikia Bolton II)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where All Is Made Truth...

HomePortalPublicationsRegisterLog in
Discord Server
Twitter
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The Veritas; The Crystal Dimension on your social bookmarking website

Blue Beating; Bloodbath on 99th Street

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dusk Citizens
Kami of the Dusk :: Fate Shogun
Dusk Citizens

Blue Beating; Bloodbath on 99th Street - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Blue Beating; Bloodbath on 99th Street   Blue Beating; Bloodbath on 99th Street - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 8:12 am

First topic message reminder :

Reference for Inspiration: http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/27887145/woman-brutally-beaten-by-bat-wielding-trio

It was dark that night, in one of the parks of 99th street. Even in all the lights that littered this 'Chinatown'-esque section of the city, there were still parts of that luminous square that were as dark as the Midnight Continent itself, where only the stars in the sky were there to light the way.

A defenseless young woman, of whom was trying to make her way to the festivities of the party going on at the square of 99th, as was common in such a culturally popular part of the Dusk, found herself taking a turn down the wrong corner of the wrong alley at the wrong time that night.

"... The fuck is this bitch?" said one of the thuggish women lurking in the dark alley, of which all her gang members turned to meet the eye of.

"Someone who just fucked up," said the man standing next to her, already on the ready to snatch up his weapon of choice and bash her face in for whatever loot they could get for it.

Startled, the girl began to run, trying to find her way in a frantic fluster through the dark maze that were the streets of the more dangerous parts of this part of town... However, her assailants, money hungry and filled with malice for no real reason whatsoever, gave chase, seeing only their next target for whatever scraps they could get off of her, even if it was only a couple bucks. They would never know, and, if it was, what would have been on their heads? Something worth far more than quite possible the dollar or two that was within this young woman's pocket. Not that they thought that far ahead, clearly.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Chroma
Cheshire Cat :: Black Ashli; Crystal Oversoul of the Dusk

PostSubject: Re: Blue Beating; Bloodbath on 99th Street   Blue Beating; Bloodbath on 99th Street - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 6:40 pm

"Nyaaa?" she purred again, inspecting the gauntlet up and down, "Masaka... An Instrument?!" She, being a rather sheltered child, wasn't aware that there were others like the ones that were common in the Veritas in the outside worlds. "That there, a weapon embedded with a soul... What we know here as a 'Soul Weapon,' or 'Instrument,' as they've been dubbed recently... There is a school made specifically for the training and enhancement of such things..." She remembered hers fondly, when she still had them, that is...

"... Hm. Are yours able to take on the form of a living being, or are they just equipped with souls? We have ways to power up Instruments by taking the souls of other living beings here..." She was actually quite curious about this guy now. She wondered if he knew how to use the power of the Soul and the energy that came from it... If he had a Soul Weapon, he had to! Though, this one came from another realm, so it might have functioned differently than the ones that worked here. Perhaps it was Magitek? A Mechanica? If it were, being in the Dusk was definitely where he should have been. If it were organic, she would have to find a way to get him to the other layer... Hmmm... "... Or is it a machine...?"
Back to top Go down
The Last Sanguimancer
Spirit of the Delta :: Heart's Whisper
The Last Sanguimancer

Dog
Taurus Male Points : 255

PostSubject: Re: Blue Beating; Bloodbath on 99th Street   Blue Beating; Bloodbath on 99th Street - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 6:52 pm

"I don't like the way she's looking at me..." Ashcroft muttered in Krikor's mind.

"Relax, Ashcroft,"
Krikor mentally responded.  "If she can help us get in contact with the others, we'll be golden.  Let's not throw away this opportunity."

"You see, Ms. Cheshire, it's like this," Krikor began explaining aloud. "I'm what's called a Sanguimancer, a blood mage.  When Sanguimancers first start out, we undergo a ritual that flushes all of our blood and cartilage out of our bodies while simultaneously replacing it with that of someone or something else.  We save a portion of our original blood, then, when we have gained more experience and wisdom, convert that blood into a metal called blood ore, which is what all of my armor and sword are made out of.  When the blood is converted into blood ore, the ore itself -- and, by extension, anything the ore is forged into -- takes on the personality and memories of the person it came from.  As such, they're not machines, but they do have individual souls of their own."

"I'm not sure what good feeding them souls would do -- though my sword, Mara, was particularly bloodthirsty, she'd probably enjoy it -- but it sounds like there are some people knowledgeable about what's going on somewhere in this world. Oh, and to answer your question, yes, they can take a physical form, called a Bloodwraith; however, without all of their power contributing to mine, I can't give them their form."
Back to top Go down
Chroma
Chroma

Dog
Pisces Female Points : 157

PostSubject: Re: Blue Beating; Bloodbath on 99th Street   Blue Beating; Bloodbath on 99th Street - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 7:13 pm

Cheshire hadn't heard of anyone who used the power of the Soul and Magic before, unless they were a Witch or one of the other Fae that had learned of the arts of the Soul in order to fight against the Instruments that meant to take their souls for power. Perhaps his civilization had integrated the two worlds into one instead of they being at odds with each other... She could only wonder what happened to his home world, quite honestly, that got it destroyed. But wouldn't get into that right now. She knew that their time was short...

"Hrrrm. I see. The people at the Academy can assist you much better than I can. I have extensive knowledge on these arts, but even so, you'd receive proper instruction and assistance from those there at the school. But first... We need to get out of here. Like I said, it won't be long before some authorities show up to investigate... I already took care of the body..."

She was concerned about the thugs that got away, but she figured that they'd show up again later. They weren't a serious organized crime syndicate, so they could be easily snatched up elsewhere. She wasn't exactly worried.

"Do you want me to help you get out of this Continent and to the one up above?"
Back to top Go down
The Last Sanguimancer
The Last Sanguimancer

Dog
Taurus Male Points : 255

PostSubject: Re: Blue Beating; Bloodbath on 99th Street   Blue Beating; Bloodbath on 99th Street - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 7:19 pm

"I think that would be prudent, unless you need me to explain something to someone. I recall you being mad at me for interrupting your work?" Krikor replied, a quizzical look on his face. "If you need me to apologize to a superior or something, I will." There's a sincere tone to his voice, like he genuinely wants to make things right if something could go wrong.

Chroma

Dog
Pisces Female Points : 157

PostSubject: Re: Blue Beating; Bloodbath on 99th Street   Blue Beating; Bloodbath on 99th Street - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 2:51 pm

"... No. That won't be necessary..."she said thoughtfully, as if contemplating whether or not she should even bring him back to her superior. She wondered if he would make good 'Phantom' material, considering that they were currently short on hands... The other Phantoms hadn't made it through the jump and now they were probably left in the Lost World. Part of her wanted to assess his skill herself, but she didn't have time for that right now. "... I'll take you to where you need to go." Without much warning, her shadow would extend from under her feet and completely encompass the ground under the two of them, "... Don't worry, you'll be safe. Everything will go dark for a bit, but when we emerge, you'll be at the edge of this continent, where the Crystal Bridges are. I'll instruct you on where to go from there." In a moment, the two of them would be shrouded by darkness, and Cheshire would have taken them both into her shadow, which would transport the two of them rather swiftly to their destination.
Back to top Go down
Nohxark
Metatron; Seal of Judgment :: Mark and Decree of the End
Metatron; Seal of Judgment :: Mark and Decree of the End
Nohxark

Job/hobbies : Forge The Path

PostSubject: Re: Blue Beating; Bloodbath on 99th Street   Blue Beating; Bloodbath on 99th Street - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 5:05 pm

*Consecration*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blue Beating; Bloodbath on 99th Street   Blue Beating; Bloodbath on 99th Street - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Blue Beating; Bloodbath on 99th Street
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2