The Veritas; The Crystal Dimension
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where All Is Made Truth...

HomePortalPublicationsRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Discord Server
Twitter
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The Veritas; The Crystal Dimension on your social bookmarking website

The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop!

Go down 
+5
Grimnyzmal
Zodiac
Shinzita
E. Faulkner
Beastkin
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Beastkin

Beastkin

The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop!   The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop! - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 11:27 am

First topic message reminder :

The Bostaurus Settlement
The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop! - Page 2 Pitch__farmland_by_catgirlkari-d4nlr66

Buck would lead the newcomers on into the heart of the Bostaurus Settlement, past many cowpokes of many types. Many of them looked onto the newcomers with warm, welcoming eyes, though some of them found the two of them rather strange looking; possibly because they were the ones that hadn't ever seen their kind before, wherein many of the older ones probably had, since they dealt with the trade more often than the younger ones.

"This way!" he said, reaching a nice little log cabin house with a field beside it. This was the Wilde House.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Shinzita
Grimro, the Pumpkeeper :: Obsidian Darkchrysm; Dark Alice of the Kurogami

PostSubject: Re: The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop!   The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 8:26 am

Being lost in her own thoughts and her own fatigue (though she barely did much of anything), Tzita would start to doze off, thinking about things like the Virgo, the Ankh, Elliot and what the Pisces told them in the Zodiac Dwelling.

(You can just skip me for a while and I'll come back in whenever I get ready.)
Back to top Go down
E. Faulkner
Spirit of the Veritas
Spirit of the Veritas
E. Faulkner

Tiger
Sagittarius Male Points : 235

PostSubject: Re: The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop!   The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 11:09 am

El nodded his head at Buck's instructions and sent the man off with that. He didn't ssuspect that Mildred would pry deeply enough for him to have the seek out assistance or quiet her. There was a such thing as secrecy and if there was anything that he wasn't comfortable sharing then he wouldn't share it. Besides, it seemed like Mildred was only interested in his legs, more than anything else anyway.

"Well thank you, Lady Mildred, that's very kind of you to say. As I told your brother previously, I am a human and we all have legs just like these. We aren't exactly native to this region, as I can tell, but where I came from we are the majority. Does that answer your question, Lady Mildred?"
Back to top Go down
Beastkin

Beastkin

PostSubject: Re: The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop!   The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 3:35 pm

"Yeah..." she said that, but she was still kind of confused about what a human was, in particular. They looked like creatures that were similar to her, but their legs were different, for whatever reason. "... Now that I look, though..." she continued on, speculating him a bit further, "... You ain't got no horns, neither! Barely got any fur on ya... Save for yer hair on yer head..." She was a little curious as to what humans were all about, though. "... So, Uh... How'sabout yer lady friend? What's the deal with you two? Where y'all come from?" She was secretly wondering if they were a couple, and her nose would twitch a bit.
Back to top Go down
E. Faulkner
Spirit of the Veritas
Spirit of the Veritas
E. Faulkner

Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop!   The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 4:38 pm

Even as she said that, El could see that she wasn't completely happy with his explanation and he gave her an apologetic smile. He just wasn't entirely sure how to explain it in a way that would make sense to her, or any of the cow people for that matter. Still he did smile and touch a hand to his head, "Well, no I don't have horns or much fur, but I must say, Lady Mildred, I find your horns and legs to be quite adorable and, if I'm not overstepping, I like how the white and black of your fur brings out the muted colors of your clothing and makes your eyes sparkle delightfully. I'm sure you have many gentlemen trying to suit your fancy." He nodded his head 2ith no doubt, paying her back to her lovely compliments earlier. It was only right to do so, and everything he said was true.

He ran a couple of his fingers through his hair, before cupping his hands together and resting them on the table along with his muscular forearms. "Ah me and Lady L'sia are travel companions, you see. We come from one of the other landmasses of these world, Valparaiso, and we're looking for the Scared Zodiac beasts. Have you heard of them at all, Lady Mildred? Seen anything strange around, besides myself and my friend of course?" He finished with a playful laugh.
Back to top Go down
Beastkin

Beastkin

PostSubject: Re: The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop!   The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 6:14 pm

"Why, shucks, go on~!" she said coyly at his comments, turning her head away as she blushed, "You'll turn me redder'n'a beetroot, you keep talk like that~!" She would rub her knees together and twitch her nose again, tail flicking every which way, "Lotta the blockheads 'round here are real fatheads, like my big brother, iff'n ya ask me! But you're a nice feller, if I do say so myself~! Both ta look at and ta talk to~!" He was so thoughtful and noticing of her features, which is something that the others didn't really do too much... Unless it was her breasts. She had some of the largest in the town, as she developed well and at a young age, making her one of the most attractive, so he was definitely right about it. She could produce a lot of milk, and that revered in 'wife' material for a settlement like this, where milk was their main means of produce and nourishment.

However, when he mentioned something about the 'Sacred Beasts,' she drew a blank really fast. "Ummmm... I dunno anything about a 'Sacred Beast'..." That is, until she thought a little bit more deeply on the matter and remembered her gramps talking a little bit about it. "... Uhhh... Maybe Gramps might know... I think..." She was kinda deterred from that sort of thought, since she didn't really listen to all of his folk tales. She wasn't too privy of em, in the first place. But she definitely was interested in knowing more about El and this Tzita girl. "You can ask him when he gets in... Or maybe Pa might know... But until then, what about you and your 'companion?' You two an item?"
Back to top Go down
E. Faulkner
Spirit of the Veritas
Spirit of the Veritas
E. Faulkner

Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop!   The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 6:28 pm

El listened intently, and nodded his head. He didn't immediately suspect that she would know anything, or that she would be interested in asking questions about that either, so he allowed the subject to be dropped for now. She veered towards more girly topics, while El had been trying to conduct a small amount of business.

He looked off to his side for a bit, towards the room where Tzita was resting, before coming back to face Mildred, "An item? I don't follow. Are you asking if we're involved?" While the manner of speech didn't differ that much between worlds, his and Tzita's, there were phrases and things that he had never heard of and wouldn't understand. Given the context, however, he figured Mildred was interested in knowing if him and Tzita were in a romantic relationship. It that was case, then the answer was definitely 'no.' It wasn't that he wasn't interested in Tzita in that sense, on the contrary he was, but that they hadn't known each other for but a couple of days. The attraction could be purely physical, though El felt deep inside, somewhere, that it could be much more than that. He'd rather they remain casual and friendly though, for now.
Back to top Go down
Beastkin

Beastkin

PostSubject: Re: The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop!   The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 7:47 pm

"Yeah... You know..." she leaned over the table a bit, lowering her lids slyly and curling her lips into a subtle smile, "... Like, are you two a couple, or somethin...? Cuz ya know, I know a mighty fine girl that might be inter--"

At that moment, the back door would open up and through it would come Buck and a figure taller than even he was, probably about 7 or 8 feet, and boasting many physical traits of a man, but with facial features that were more bull than anything. He was of a greater physical build than Buck himself, and the door was large enough to accommodate such a hulking man-bull.

"Hruh..."
The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop! - Page 2 A_minotaur_by_whoateallthechips

He didn't say much, but Buck gave Mildred a certain glare as if he knew what she was doing, and she would quickly straighten up as if she had been upright the entire time. "O-Oh, hey daddy!!" she said with a slight stutter, "Y'all here ta meet our guests?!"

Buck: Yeah, if you ain't got too friendly with him first...

Mildred: SHUT UP, BUCK!!

The great bull-man walked further into the house, his beady eyes looking more like those of a cow than a human, yet still retained focus like that of a man. He stared intently at the young man sitting at his table, snorting a bit. "... You are this 'Elliot' my young Buck has told me about, then?" He didn't seem bothered by their bickering, as though he was very much used to it at this point, but was more concerned about Elliot's form. "... Hrm... And what of the other one? My son told me there were two of ya... But I only see one."

Buck would immediately speak up on behalf of the missing party, "Uhm, she got real tired from her trip, so was real polite and let her go rest on my bed in my room... Tryna be as hospitable as possible, dad!"

Mildred rolled here eyes and snorted herself, muttering something under her breath, "... Huh, don't THAT sound realm charming, huh...?" She placed an elbow on the table and rested her chin upon her palm with a disgruntled face, as though her fun had been ruined. She blew up the hair from her face.

"Hrhm..." their father snorted gruffly, crossing his arms, "... Well, if the lady was tired, I reckon a nice rest is only right proper... But to you, young man, I welcome you into my humble home. My name's Joseph. You can call me Joe iff'n ya figure. My wife and father are out at the market, and they should be home soon... Y'all traveling far?"
Back to top Go down
E. Faulkner
Spirit of the Veritas
Spirit of the Veritas
E. Faulkner

Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop!   The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 8:07 pm

El was more, or less, immune to Mildred's attempted advances, or at least that's how he would appear. He'd been traveling with Tzita only a few days, but she made much the same kind of advances, even if playfully, and El had experience in ignoring the wiles of a female. He laughed a bit, before getting an eyeful of the man-bull that had entered the home with Buck. Judging by his size, mannerisms and general authority over Buck and Mildred, El could have guessed this man was the father.

El stood, shorter than the man-bull by a foot and some inches, and held a hand out. "Well it Mr. Joseph, it's an honor to be welcomed into your home. I've seen nothing but good things, you clearly care deeply for your land." El could see it since he was a farmer too, or used to be at the very least. He had wanted to pay the compliment to Buck, but chose to save it for the actual man of the house.

"Actually, we're not sure, exactly where it is we're going. We're being led by this thing here." El said, pulling out his half of the ankh that he and Tzita were suppose to share. They were suppose to be looking for the Virgo spirit, or heading to some sort of shrine that the Pisces spirit had told them about. El had forgotten what the shrine was called though. "We're looking for the Sacred Zodiac Beast, Virgo."
Back to top Go down
Beastkin

Beastkin

PostSubject: Re: The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop!   The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 5:01 am

Joseph extended his hand out to meet with the young man, shaking it firmly, though with a grip that could have crushed his hand if squeezed too tightly. His hand was massive, nearly dwarfing El's own, but not by too much. Just enough where his entire hand could have wrapped completely around El's. "The pleasure's mine, young man," he mentioned in a gruff tone, which seemed to just be his natural manner of speech, "... I hope my two young'n's ain't gave y'all no trouble... They're a handful... Got the same spirit I had in my youth." He chuckled to himself, and the two of them would kinda laugh at the same time, before he would palm both of their heads and rub them at the same time. The man-bull was quite the sight to behold, and probably terrifying at first sight, but he was clearly a calm, patient and loving man...beast.

When El pulled out the Ankh, though, he would gaze upon it with a certain intent of which he couldn't quite pinpoint; he was drawn to it mysteriously, as though it had some sort of power over him. When he looked into it, he could feel the presence of something inside of it that stirred something within him... A sort of primal urge that he usually only felt when he was going off into battle. He began to snort heavily, mesmerized and rather entranced, and seeing things in his mind that he couldn't quite recall from his own memory, yet felt familiar to him, like he knew it all along. "Hrrrmph!!" he snorted loudly, shaking his head, huffing a bit, "Hrmm!! I don't know what it is about that, but it... It... Hrrrrph!!!" he shook his head again, turning away from it and over to the sink.

Buck: Uh... Pa? Y'alright there?

Milly: Yeh, what's wrong?

Joseph stood at the sink for a moment, trying to slow his breathing. He saw many green pastures in his eyes, but also, somehow, he saw the red of bloodshed. He turned on the water and would cup his hand in order to splash his face with it, which would quickly snap him out of it, and with another shake of his head and huff of his nose, he would say to El, "Hrmm... Put that thing away. Something about it... I don't know what it is, but it makes me feel... Odd..." He couldn't even seem to answer the question that was posed to him due to whatever had come over him from looking into that thing.

Buck crossed his arms, cocking his head to the side, "Uhhh, maybe you just been out workin' too hard, huh? Why don'tcha go rest up and wait until Ma and Gramps get home?"

Joseph: ... I wanted to meet the other one first... Seems only right... 'Sides, I ain't worked too hard. Just enough, like you shoulda been, Buck.

Buck smiled and chuckled nervously, "Heh... Well, all the more reason why you should take it easy an' let me deal with our guests, eh?!"

Mildred smiled, muttering under her breath, though within earshot of Buck, "Betcha just wanna deal with that missy in yer room there, huh...?"

Buck: Shut yer trap, Milly...

Milly grinned.
Back to top Go down
E. Faulkner
Spirit of the Veritas
Spirit of the Veritas
E. Faulkner

Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop!   The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 7:20 am

El went ahead and put the Ankh away, seeing that it was visibly upsetting the large man-beast. If it was making him break out into cold sweats just from seeing it, then El would be careful not to pull it out in the presence of any more cowpeople, assuming that they would react in much the same regard. When Tzita woke up from her slumber, he'd have to warn her about it. She was wearing hers around her neck.

"Sorry about that Sir, maybe you should take your son's advice and rest." El advised, folding his arms across his chest and nodding his head. "My companion was rather tired, and though I wouldn't want to impose for too long, she doesn't seem to be waking up anytime soon."
Back to top Go down
Beastkin

Beastkin

PostSubject: Re: The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop!   The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 7:32 am

Joseph, after calming down, shook his head once more, mooing a little bit through a groan, before finally returning fully to his senses. "Mighty nice of you to be so considerate, young man," he said, finally moving over to the table, "... But with all due respect, ain't no need to rest if ya ain't tired. I ain't a lazy bull, nor am I one to turn tail at the first sign of trouble. That ain't no way for a proud feller ta be." It was in the nature of these down-to-earth type people to be a bit stubborn about their ways, especially the older ones. The children seemed much more open and flexible to such thoughts, but he was set in his ways, and rarely ever gave in once he had a decision, even if it meant having to run head first into it. He was confident enough in himself and his strength to be able to blow through.

"If yer friend there is so tired, y'all can stay and rest up here iff'n ya like. Maybe stay for dinner. My wife should be home with my father soon enough..." he'd say, finally sitting down at the table. "Bucky, Milly; Go fix us some cold water ta drink. Ain't right for a travelin' man to be thirsty, comin' from over the hills."

Buck&Milly: Yessir! *grabs some cups from the pantry, turns on the faucet*

Joseph: I am interested in where ya got that little trinket from, though... It got some... Strange power I ain't never seen before... But it made me feel like I knew it somehow... You mind tellin' me 'bout it?
Back to top Go down
E. Faulkner
Spirit of the Veritas
Spirit of the Veritas
E. Faulkner

Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop!   The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 7:57 am

El smiled at Joseph adamant nature, it reminded him a lot of his uncle before he passed away. Usually the older you are, the more set in your ways you are, so he could understand Joseph insisting he didn't need rest. El wouldn't press the issue any, the man-bull seemed just fine now that the physical Ankh was out of the equation.

"Oh not at all. As I've said we're looking for the sacred beast Virgo. We're originally from Valparaiso and, there, we rested at the Zodiac Dwelling. I don't know a lot about it myself, all this kinda flew over my head, but when he woke we were greeted by the Pisces spirit who explained that the Zodiac beast of old, who once lived in that dwelling before flying to the winds, are all beginning to reemerge. Valparaiso is in dire straights and I think returning the beast to their homes will replenish the land. At least enough for me to plow a field or too and get those people there on the right track."

El took a pause there before continuing. "The Ankh was given to us by the Pisces spirit and it's suppose to lead us to where we need to go to find each spirit."
Back to top Go down
Beastkin

Beastkin

PostSubject: Re: The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop!   The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 8:18 am

Joseph, Buck and Mildred listened to the tale in depth as the two kids would bring water to both men sitting down, and also having two tall glasses of milk for themselves, which they'd gathered during the man's detailed explanation of his endeavor. Though the kids remained quiet, they were actually rather fascinated with all of these things that they'd never before heard of, or even thought really existed. It all sounded kinda fantastical to them, but apparently it was true, and that made it all the more interesting.

Milly: Woooow! That doohickey was given to you by a spirit?! That's real cool!

Joseph grunted, leaning back in his chair and crossing his arms over his chest again, before closing his eyes and contemplating what he'd just heard. He sat thoughtfully for a moment or two, before grunting again, "... Well now! Seems like y'all been through a lot. Sounds to me like y'all need some help." He tapped his hoof on the ground a bit, smiling and opening his eyes, "Weeeeell, I ain't gonna make ya do nothin' y'all ain't wanting to. You are guests, after all. But if ya need ta stay the night, or take some supplies, the Wilde house is certainly open to ya. I'm sure my wife wouldn't mind, since y'all come from so far off and prolly got far ta go." He scratched his head a bit, placing his elbow on his table as he tried to think. It seemed like his thoughts were a little bit strained about some of the things that were explained. "I ain't real good about them whole 'spirits' and whatnot. Can't really right wrap my head 'round that sorta thing. Wish I could help ya out with it, but the best I can do is take ya to the market, or even offer some of the stuff we got here for ya. Feel free to leave whenever y'all are ready, be it today or tomorrow."

Buck: Heh, I wouldn't mind hangin' out witcha, Elliot! Maybe I could show ya 'round the town or--

Milly: NO, I WANNA DO IT, BUCKY!! Y'all interrupted me before I could really get ta talkin' with him. Go talk to that girlie! I bet yer more innerested in her, anyhow! *sticks tongue out*

Buck, blushing, "DANGIT, MILLY!!"

Joseph: Now, settle down, y'all. Ain't polite to our guest here, y'all bickerin and carrying on...

Buck&Milly: Yessir...

Joseph: 'Sides. Ain't y'all's decision ta make. That's up to Mr. Elliot here what he wishin' ta do. He might not even be here longer than supper, iff'n that's when he wanna leave.

It was clear that Joseph, in his age, had gotten more of a level head than when he was a younger Wilde, where he was more or less just like his kids, and his headstrong nature was more than prominent. The years had taught him not to be so feisty, but it was surely still there in him.
Back to top Go down
Shinzita
Shinzita

Virgo Female Points : 1113
Job/hobbies : Goddess Of The Zero World; Head Witch - Hostess

PostSubject: Re: The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop!   The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 9:50 am

Rather suddenly, as if being cracked with an electrical whip, Tzita jolted up and out of her sleep with a gasp of air, like life had suddenly been breathed back into her body. She looked around, seeing that some time had passed since she had first gone to sleep, but not too much; no more than an hour or two, if even that long. She remembered the dream she had vividly, including those words that were said to her in her slumber...

Quote :
"Selfishness is not only simply thinking of yourself more than others, but also thinking of yourself instead of others, or completely disregarding others and only acknowledging yourself. 'Self'ish. Whilst your heart is in the right place when it comes to the spirits, as it is for those around you... You seem to be lacking."

She lowered her lids solemnly, feeling, for once, sort of bad about what she did... And that a spirit had seen her, understood it better than and before she could even notice, and chastised her about it all at once. She felt like a fool... And was embarrassed that she had now clearly seen what type of person she was to others... To the beings that she revered so much. In her shamefulness, she didn't quite want to get out of the bed just yet... She just wanted to sit there for a bit and think about what she'd been through in that dream... and what it all meant. The spirits, especially the ancient ones, were always watching and always around, and to them... she just looked like a selfish little girl. In all her years, maybe that's all she'd ever been... She could barely stand it. (9:49)
Back to top Go down
E. Faulkner
Spirit of the Veritas
Spirit of the Veritas
E. Faulkner

Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop!   The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 11:09 am

"That's very kind of you, but I would need to consult my partner." El was gracious for their kindness and hospitality, but he didn't want to accept their offer just for it to turn out that Tzita wanted to get moving as soon as possible. Gathering supplies, or accepting rations from them was a good idea either way. El had no idea just how long he, and Tzita, needed to travel and this was only for the first spirit. There was a great many others.

He took the cup of water that was for him and drank a small amount of it, before sitting the cup back down. Weirdly, he didn't feel that tried at all, nor thirsty. "I would rather enjoy a tour of the town though, how about we all go together when Lady L'sia wakes up, Buck, Lady Mildred?"
Back to top Go down
Beastkin

Beastkin

PostSubject: Re: The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop!   The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 1:43 pm

Buck and Mildred both perked up immediately, smiling big and wide at just the offer, before turning to their father, who would take a sip of his water. "That sounds like a mighty fine idea, iff'n ya ask me... Let these two young'n's show y'all our little town. Ya might find somethin' strike yer fancy before ya go."

Buck: Yeah! I can't wait! I hope she wakes up soon, then!

Milly: Yeah! Me too!

Each of them would then, on their own time, sip down their drinks casually, the two kids in high anticipation for a trip outside and the father happy that they could go out of the house and get out all that energy. Since Buck hadn't done too much field working today, he was probably still pretty full of it, and it wasn't good for a boy to not be tired at the end of his day, in Joe's eyes. Waste of energy and a waste of a day, to him.

Before too much longer, the front door would open and through it would come a slightly chunky woman rather modestly gowned in a long blouse, carrying a handful of groceries.

"Joseph, dear? Y'all home? We're back from market!"
The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop! - Page 2 Pokepalace__mother_beatrice_by_betachan-d4cnahd

Following rather closely behind, with bags of groceries of his own, was a large, bull-like man similar to Joseph, though more hunched over as if at any moment he could have touched the ground and started galloping on all fours. His hair was white and drooped over his bullish snout, barely revealing his face. It looked like, if he were able to stand fully upright, he'd be roughly the same height as Joseph, though.

The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop! - Page 2 Soulcradle25Grunzford_2385

Joseph would immediately turn when he heard the call of his wife, rising from the table. "Excuse us one moment..." he'd say to Elliot, before turning to his kids, "Come on, help yer Ma with the groceries..." The two of them would get up just as quickly and rush to their mother, grabbing the bags out of her hand immediately before Joe would come to help his father with those in his.

Buck: MA!! We got some visitors from way far away come to rest up at our house!

Milly: Yeah! They're real nice and sweet-like, and they got funny legs! I ain't never seen their type 'afore!

Joseph: Now, that's enough y'all. Take them there groceries and put em up. Let Ma and Pa talk about it. *Turns to his father* Get on in here, Dad, I gotcha.

The woman and the older bull seemed shocked to hear of visitors at first, but then the woman smiled warmly and turned to her husband, "Well now! Ain't that a stroke of good luck! Ain't everyday we get some nice comp'ny, is it, Joe?"

"Yeah..." he grunted, closing the door behind them and walking toward the kitchen, "They're humans, though, he says. You know the kids ain't seen one of them before... They ain't been out bartering with em, like we do. But this'n's a good'n, so we ain't got nothin' ta worry about..."

She sighed with relief, knowing how humans could be sometimes, "Haaaah... That's good, then. Well now, let me go meet them! Come on, Dad, let's go meet our guests..."

The old man seemed a little gruff, snorting and walking past the two of them, skeptical about the human types. He didn't say much of anything, but he did feast his eyes upon the young man at the table. Meanwhile, Joe and his wife would walk in whilst Buck and Milly tended to the groceries.

Joseph: Now, Elliot, this here is my wife, Elizabeth, and my father, Tank. Y'all, this here's Elliot. He's a human come from faaaar'way lands. I haven't met his partner yet, I hear she was tired and needed some rest... But I figger she'll be up before supper. What Buck says, they needed a place ta rest 'fore they set back out, and they might be needin' some support. I know we ain't got much, but way I see it, iff'n we can help em out, might as well 'fore they get on their way.

Elizabeth: Oh my! Well! I do declare, that is a mighty fine idea! It's a pleasure, Mr. Elliot!

Tank: Hrmmm... How'dyado...?

Joseph: Don't mind my pa, too much. He ain't none much of a talker. Ain't learned too much speech none. Mostly speak in our native tongue. He understands real good, but when it comes ta speakin, well, that ain't his forte, I'll tell ya.

The old man huffed and snorted, as if he were a bit upset about what was said. But didn't say anything about it.
Back to top Go down
E. Faulkner
Spirit of the Veritas
Spirit of the Veritas
E. Faulkner

Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop!   The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 2:44 pm

El stood from his seat, as it was only polite to do so, when the new people were finally fully in the house. He wanted to offer to help with the groceries, but Joseph, Mildred and Buck were done with doing so before he could speak up. He supposed maybe he was getting a little tired. He just wasn't actually feeling it.

He walked over to were everyone was gathered, and bowed his head politely to the woman of the house briefly. "Ah Lady Elizabeth, I might have mistaken you for Lady Mildred's sister. You keep a wonderfully tidy and charming home. I felt more welcome in it than I did in my own home." He rose around the middle of his speech before he turned to the elder of the house. "And Sir Tank, I do very well and I think your speech is impeccable."
Back to top Go down
Shinzita
Shinzita

PostSubject: Re: The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop!   The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 3:03 pm

Tzita had been thinking about the dream she had rather deeply for the last little while, quietly, to herself, like the entire think had actually thrown her out of her normal 'happy-go-lucky' persona and shaken her up a little bit. Nothing before had ever gotten to her, so why would something like this? That thought passed through her head, as well. It wasn't too much longer before she heard the commotion outside of Buck's room, which would alert her to the rest of the family being at home. She'd been in this room by herself for a long time... And she figured it was probably being a little bit impolite. Selfish, even... So, she rose up and started to the door, quietly, opening it up to see what was going on. By that time, they'd already have been in the kitchen, doing their introductions.

She heard what their named were, and she figured it would be impolite not to introduce herself.
"Um..." she said kinda quietly, but loud enough to get all of their attention, "... Hi... I'm Tzita. I'm with El... I was just uh... Taking a little nap. I heard who you all were, so I just figured I'd you know, since i woke up... I'd just come introduce myself..." She seemed a little shy, for some reason, around all these new faces. She would wave at them. "... It's nice to meet you..."
Back to top Go down
Beastkin

Beastkin

PostSubject: Re: The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop!   The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 3:28 pm

"Oh my~!" Elizabeth said through a giggle, "He is a rather charming one, and sweet, just like ya said there, Milly!" Tank, on the other hand, grunted through his teeth, "Ain't no need ta flatter. I is wut I is, and it ain't... fancy." He wanted to say 'impeccable,' but knew in his head he couldn't quite form the words to speak it, even if he knew what it meant from hearing the humanfolk talk for so long. He had been herded by them in times past, and he wasn't quite fond of those days. Tank was his 'given name,' and he didn't ever make one for himself. Having a human say it to him again rubbed him the wrong way, and if anything, his son could tell.

By the time Buck and Mildred finished up with the groceries, Tzita had just come from the room, grabbing the family's attention with her introduction. "Well now!!" Elizabeth said in shock, "This one here is mighty fine, isn't she!! Why, you could take HER to market and she'd do mighty well!" Buck and Mildred giggled, whilst Joseph turned a head shyly. Tank gazed at her, however, and saw something different about her... Something that made him feel not only at peace, but strangely intrigued. To her, he would say, in a rather gentle manner, "... Ma'am..." and nod his head politely, which shocked his son, Joseph, who hadn't seen his father be polite to most any human before, and sometimes, not even his own people who looked too much like them. Lucky he loved his grandkids, though, so it helped him not only warm up, but open up to others a bit more.

Joseph immediately looked to Elizabeth, who looked at him in the same fashion, as though they noticed it, too. But they didn't speak on it. "It's nice to meet you, Miss Tzita," they'd say before welcoming her into the kitchen, as well. Buck and Mildred would return to the table to finish their milk, whilst Elizabeth walked further into the kitchen. "I'll get started on supper, then, since everyone's awake! Y'all stayin' that long? Need ta know how many mouths I gotta feed, after all! Don't want none goin' hungry on my watch, no sir!"
Back to top Go down
E. Faulkner
Spirit of the Veritas
Spirit of the Veritas
E. Faulkner

Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop!   The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 10:09 pm

El wasn't attempting to flatter anyone, just to pay the wonderful folks a couple comments. They had welcomed him and Tzita into their home and since they, being he and Tzita, didn't have much, besides their words, El wanted to use them. He didn't speak again for a time though, well pass when Tzita came an introduced her, pondering if he should treat the older gentleman like he was used to treating his uncle before his passing. That man didn't take too kindly to compliments either, but showing a bit of hard-work and grit was enough to make good in his eyes. If Tzita didn't want to leave immediately, and they chose to stay for at least a day, then El decided he would help in the fields. It'd been years since he did so, but you never forget the basics.

He stepped out of the gang of people and towards Tzita, as Elizabeth began to speak, and placed a hand to her shoulder before leaning down to whisper, "I need to talk to you privately for a bit, Lady L'sia," before he turned his head back to the family, "I was just about to discuss that with Lady L'sia, not that I would ever willingly pass up a home cooked meal, could we have a minute please?" More than telling her about the offer extended to them, while she rested, and her thoughts on it, El wanted to tell her about Joseph's reaction to the Ankh and to make sure that everything was alright. She seemed different, like something was bothering her, but he couldn't be completely sure.
Back to top Go down
Shinzita
Shinzita

PostSubject: Re: The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop!   The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 5:10 am

Tzita looked about in a daze, as though she were only halfway with them, going in and out of focus in her thoughts. It wasn't until a hand was placed upon her shoulder that she snapped out of it, turning her attention to the one it belonged to. "Huh...? Oh... Sure, yeah. Let's talk..." She would immediately stand up and walk toward Buck's room, not before saying, "Um... Excuse us, please..." to make sure that they knew everything was alright. There, they could probably talk in peace.
Back to top Go down
Beastkin

Beastkin

PostSubject: Re: The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop!   The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 5:30 am

"Take yer time," Elizabeth said, already getting started, "Won't be ready fer a while, anyhow, so y'all just gone and talk and I'll just fix y'all up somethin in the process." She did all of her cooking from scratch, so there was a lot of things that had to go into the preparation, so they definitely had more than enough time. Joseph, Buck, Mildred and Tank would all sit down at the table and begin to talk among themselves.

(I won't be posting while you talk unless I feel the need to, so skip over me until you rejoin the kitchen or until I post again.)
Back to top Go down
E. Faulkner
Spirit of the Veritas
Spirit of the Veritas
E. Faulkner

Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop!   The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 6:49 am

"Excuse us." El repeated before following Tzita, and stepping into Buck's room as well and pulling the door up a little bit behind him. As he did so, he spoke, "Is everything alright, Lady L'sia? You seem more tired than you were before your rest, if that's even possible." He turned around then to get a look at her as he crossed the room towards the small window beside the beds, right above the nightstand.
Back to top Go down
Shinzita
Shinzita

PostSubject: Re: The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop!   The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 7:03 am

"Hm?" she muttered again, partially distracted, "... Oh, no... I just uh. I had a weird dream, and..." she trailed off, rubbing her head a bit, "... I dunno. It's just been getting to me..." She had been thinking about the words that the rabbit said to her, and she was wondering if perhaps she were doing it again. 'Maybe...' she thought, realizing that what she dreamed was probably important, '... Maybe I should tell him, this time... Instead of leaving him in the dark...'

She normally would have just probably not said anything, but kept it all to herself and led them to where they needed to go... But perhaps that was what the rabbit was talking about. This was all so confusing to her; it had worked well like this for so long, so why should it be any different now?

"... Yeah, but don't worry about it. I'll get over it," she'd finally say, forcing a smile. "Was that all you wanted to talk about, or what? What's up with the cow people, huh? They seem pretty nice... I... Guess?" There was something about them that was eerie to her, though. A little bit too close. But then again, it wasn't common for her to see a functional family... Since every last one of her members, on every side, Maze and Khrona included, were very distant, destructive and generally fucked up in some way, shape or form that disallowed this type of an environment between any of the members. Part of her kinda liked it, but it was still odd for her to see.
Back to top Go down
E. Faulkner
Spirit of the Veritas
Spirit of the Veritas
E. Faulkner

Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop!   The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 7:38 am

"Hmm..." Other than that, El remained silent on it, and what he thought. He tried not to read too deeply into her dodgy speech and ridged facial movements, and turned around to look out of the window while locking his hands together behind his back. "If that's all you want to say, then we'll leave it there. The family is very kind, they offered for us to stay here if we need a place to stay until we find where we need to go. They also offered to help with supplies." El informed her of all the things that had been offered to them while she was resting. He thought it was a good idea to take the family up on their offer, but not to overstay their welcome either. Maybe staying for this solitary night and then moving on sometime around the afternoon of the next day was the best option. Joseph had told him they didn't have much, and El didn't want to impose.

"I think we should stay the night, since we don't have anywhere else to go, but leave tomorrow afternoon. It'll give us enough time to gather information in town about anything strange happening in the area and to gather supplies of our own as well." El stepped to the side and turned around to face Tzita again, "What do you think, Lady L'sia? You are the spearhead of this mission."
Back to top Go down
Shinzita
Shinzita

PostSubject: Re: The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop!   The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 8:24 am

El's explanation of the entire situation was pretty solid; they'd have a nice place to crash, some food and some supplies to start out on their journey. Looks like her father actually set them up in a nice spot, surprisingly, despite how it looked in the first place. Maybe she shouldn't be so skeptical of others, and especially not these kind people who offered them so much. She'd have to just get used to this eerie discomfort of being... too close to people in a way that wasn't... well, physical.

"Yeah, that sounds like a plan," she said with a hint of enthusiasm, though nowhere near as much as she had when they first came. "Besides, it doesn't really make sense to go out at night, where our visibility is limited and we could like, run into some unfriendly creatures or something. At least we'd be able to see and already be rested in the day time, so that's more time to travel without much hindrance." Definitely a jackpot, she certainly had to admit... "Plus, it's already pretty late, and we haven't eaten anything since we left. I feel like their mom could probably make something real good, too~!" The thought of warm food kinda brought her spirits back, and she could just taste it now...

But even so, El's last words kinda got to her, too, after what she heard from the rabbit. 'The Spearhead' of the mission... Somehow, that didn't make her feel as good as it usually would have, to be in charge.
"... Yeah, I may be the spearhead, but you're the straight arrow, so." She cleared her throat, looking off to the side, a little embarrassed. She'd never really complimented someone like this before, and it was only just now that she was realizing it... Not as an equal, at least, unless it was on the battlefield or to one of her family members. "... So uh. Good job. You must've been pretty good at talking to them if they did all of that. That sort of thing isn't exactly my... Thing, I guess you could say." She rolled her eyes over from one corner to the next, trying not to really look at him.

"Don't... Don't count yourself and your own abilities out, or anything." She scratched her head, wondering if she'd said a little too much. "S-so, yeah. I think we're all good, then. Right?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop!   The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Bostaurus Settlement; Pit Stop!
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next