The Veritas; The Crystal Dimension
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where All Is Made Truth...

HomePortalPublicationsRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Launch The Assault; The Tenth Moon, Shin Ekishoutsukiyomi
The Life Of A Shinigami - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 8:57 am by Void Sun

» -TATARI-
The Life Of A Shinigami - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 8:49 am by Void Sun

» -Mastermind-
The Life Of A Shinigami - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 8:24 am by Tabrynth

» -Tyr-
The Life Of A Shinigami - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 8:19 am by The Phantom

» Class Is Back In Session; The Dragon's Den
The Life Of A Shinigami - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 7:54 am by Tear M. Lacrimoso

» -Walkthrough-
The Life Of A Shinigami - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 7:16 am by Player

» ='Dollhouse'=
The Life Of A Shinigami - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 7:10 am by Ty-chan

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking google      

Bookmark and share the address of The Veritas; The Crystal Dimension on your social bookmarking website

The Life Of A Shinigami

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ty-sama
Grim, the PumpKin :: Dividing Enigma; Dark Legend of the Dream
Ty-sama

Dog
Pisces Male Points : 335
Job/hobbies : Prime Order

The Life Of A Shinigami - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: The Life Of A Shinigami   The Life Of A Shinigami - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2019 4:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Ty-sama

PostSubject: Re: The Life Of A Shinigami   The Life Of A Shinigami - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 1:43 pm

Deadly 24: A Word With Lord Death...

Maruze quickly entered the Death Room, the soul of his daughter in hand. He walked direction up the the podium with a stern look.

"... Lord Death... I have returned... And I need a favor."

Shinigami turned around to see a face he hadn't seen in quite some time...

"Oh? Is that really you.... Maruze?"

It was a shocker. Shinigami thought that he was long gone... But it would seem that his soul was powerful enough to survive whatever it had been through. That is good to know.

"Well, yes, Maruze-kun? What is it you need from me?"

Maruze sighed, showing Shinigami the soul.

".. I need my beloved daughter's soul... to be changed into my weapon. That is her will, to be my blade, and I cannot deny her that wish. Can you help us, Shinigami-sama?"

He held out his sword, which he just bought from the Bukigura. Hopefully, it could be used...

Shinigami examined the soul, then the sword...

"Hmmmm... we need a witch's soul for this to happen..."

Shinigami pulled out a soul that looked very old and decrepit.

"This is the soul of a witch I killed many years ago... The last witch soul I have. I will be willing to give it to you, Maruze-kun."

A pot would appear and Shinigami dropped the soul into the pot, making it start to boil..

"Now melt down your weapon and put in the soul of your daughter..."

Maruze nodded, making another sword.

"Sword Magic: Fire Sword."

He slashed the bare sword, causing it to melt inside of the pot. Maruze then quickly threw in the soul of his daughter and after that, he waited to see what would happen, dissipating the sword he had.

There would be a powerful reaction, causing a small explosion. All of the liquid in there would form into a solid object... A solid being... This being was a sword, however. The sword was the same as Maruze's original sword that he bought, looking literally no different from before.

"... There she is, Maruze-kun."

Maruze would grab the sword, suddenly able to feel a soul inside... It was a bond instantly... The family bond.

"Mmmm... It is good to have to back, Meo..."

But a little while after he picked her up, she started to shine. She started to take the form of a human right in front of Maruze's eyes... It was amazing. And finally, she changed completely... Maruze was stunned.

"M... Meo!?"

Meo looked up at him, rubbing her eyes. "Mmm... I have... a body?"

Maruze couldn't help but hug her, starting to tear up. "I am very sorry, Meo, for what I did to you so many years ago... It is so good to have my daughter in my arms again..."

He looked at her, noticing that she had... grown.

"... Even as a soul, you still aged? That... doesn't make any sense.

Meo: Don't judge me, daddy. I'm 17.

Maruze: 17!? You've been dead for ten years?! Mmm... That is such a long time...

Maruze looked up to Shinigami "Thank you, Lord Death... your blessings are too much..." He stood up, grabbing Meo's hand and left.

Shinigami nodded "All's well that ends well, huh~? Good luck to you then, Maruze-kun and Meo-chan. I expect big things from the two of you... Especially with your skill, Maruze-kun."

As they walked off, Shinigami could only say "Awwwwww."
Back to top Go down
Ty-sama
Ty-sama

Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Life Of A Shinigami   The Life Of A Shinigami - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 1:45 pm

Deadly 25: A Time Of Crisis I Hear. Lord Death, You Called?

Shinigami exited his mirror, staring down at Ken.

"Oh, yes~! Ken-kun and Jean-chan~! Hi~! How are you two doing today~?"

Shinigami clasped his giant box hands together and bounced backward a bit.

"Oh yes~! Terrible crisis is at hand~! GOOD LUCK, KEN-KUN AND JEAN-CHAN!!"

... That was not nearly enough information.

"... Huuuuh... Okayokaaay~. Well, you see... The wavelength of the Kishin Asura is spreading absurdly fast... It had already consumed the entire Dusk Village a while ago, however the effects of this wavelength are just started to take effect now... Because of this, it is absolutely necessary that we destroy the Kishin as soon as possible... However..."

Shinigami sighed, cocking his head to the side and holding his hands out to his sides.

"We don't know where he is~!"

Shinigami sighed. "Well, Ken-kun... You are one of the 3 highest ranking weapon meisters that is not a high powered authority like Maze-kun or Khrona-chan...Therefore, you and the other 3 would need to go on a mission together to find the Kishin... However... We are missing an operative... Fuuma Tera... He has been out of operation for quite a long time, and we have a lead that he is within Arachnophobia, fallen to insanity... With the newly revived Maruze-kun and yourself, you should be able to infiltrate the castle... though... I don't know if you two should go alone..."

Shinigami thought hard on this particular matter. It was a tough decision, really.

"... Huuuh... Maybe Nathan-kun and Takai-kun...? Leia-chan or Chroma-chan? ... Miya-chan has to go as well, since she is the partner of Fuuma-kun..."

What a predicament...

Shinigami turned around to face his mirror, going into a sort of awkward and eerie silence.

"... Immediately. Bring at least 3."

Shinigami stepped into his mirror. Naturally, he needed Ken to round up whoever he wanted to take with him... the minimum number being 3 more people, with Miya being a required member to go. With that, Shinigami was gone.
Back to top Go down
Ty-sama
Ty-sama

Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Life Of A Shinigami   The Life Of A Shinigami - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 1:47 pm

Deadly 26: Search For Shinigami-sama

Shinigami's image would appear in the mirror and he would hold up a hand as if he were saying hi.

"Heyyyy~ Hebi-chan~! What's uuuup~?"

Shinigami cocked his head to the side slightly, inspecting Hebi.

"Huuuuuuuuh..."

There was an awkward, extremely serious and intense silence for quite a while with Shinigami just staring at and inspecting Shinigami. You could cut the tension with a spherical object, and that's impossible.

"... OKAY!!!!! You can leave anytime you like, Hebi-chan~! Just make sure to be careful and come back safely! OKAYOKAY~!!!?

-Time Skip-

Shinigami would appear before Hebi in the mirror quickly, looking down at the item in his hand.

"Oh, Hello there Hebi-chan... You are back already from your mission? What do you have there?"

Shinigami reached his hand out of the mirror and then grabbed the blade, feeling the insanity as he touched it.

"Hrm!... Thank you, Hebi-chan. We needn't a weapon like this out in the wrong hands... I shall ask Tear-kun or Justin-kun to handle this weapon..."

Shinigami shook his head.

"Not at the moment, Hebi-chan. Just make sure to go collect souls for yourself so that you can get your Death Scythe~."
Back to top Go down
Ty-sama
Ty-sama

Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Life Of A Shinigami   The Life Of A Shinigami - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 1:53 pm

Deadly 27: Private Meeting with Shinigami... Medusa's Proposal

There was a crowd of men around a specific area, seeming to be blocking whatever was in the middle of them without anyone in Shibusen seeing. They had been doing this since even outside of the Shibusen gates, looking like this as they walked in. They made their way to the office of Shinigami, walking grimly through the ever so long hallway... until finally, they were before the presence of Shinigami, himself.

Officer: Shinigami-sama, we have a special delivery for you... The Snake Witch, Medusa has willingly given herself up to Shibusen so that she may talk to you. We have her restrained and under heavy security... Here she is...

The crowd of men would open up to what they were surrounding, it being Medusa, whose arms and entire upper torso except for her face being locked up and strapped up completely. She had a smile on her face and a very nonchalant look in her eyes... She was up to something.

"Shinigami-sama."

She greeted him politely.

Shinigami stared at Medusa, his eyes narrowing. At first he did not recognize her appearance, but then realized that it was definitely her by the shape of her soul and the power of her magic.

"... Medusa..."

Shinigami eyed her up and down, his eyes returning to normal, but he kept a serious tone.

"... My, you look different. What happened to you? What is your reason for wanting to see me?"

He was already very suspicious, but didn't particularly show it or sound as if he was. Instead, he tried to stay as calm, cool and collected as he possibly could with Medusa in his presence.

Medusa's face didn't change... It was a sort of an arrogant look hidden within her gentle smile as she began to speak again...

"... Oh, yes, I just inspected my sister's little abode... You remember her, don't you? The heretic that got away 800 years ago? Arachne~?"

She sounded almost condescending, patronizing Shinigami about how he let Arachne escape and stay alive for 800 years...

"... But enough about that. I willingly give myself up to you for one simple reason... I wish to join forces with Shibusen to take down my sister. I know her location, and if you agree to my terms, then I will gladly share them with you..."

Her eyes narrowed like that of a snake's. She could sense Shinigami's suspicion but did not pay any attention to it whatsoever. She knew what she was doing.

Shinigami was silent for a few moments, trying to think this entire situation through very thoroughly. Though, he was extremely shocked to hear about Arachne and Medusa knowing where she lived.

"... Arachne?... Hmmm... So you know where she lives? That is apparent, since you have her body... I can sense remnants of her soul on it... But if her soul is not within her body, then where is it?"

Shinigami was still hesitant to join forces with Medusa... She might have just killed Arachne herself and stole her body as a part of some cunning plan to infiltrate Shibusen... It was definitely not unlike her to do something so sly and sneaky... Though, Shinigami was very interested in her terms, even though he hadn't made up his mind yet.

"... Well, Medusa, what are your terms for this alliance?"

Medusa giggled lightly as if she didn't mind the bindings on her, her voice becoming slightly higher and cuter than it was... She always used that voice when she was being cunning and sly.

"... Well, mighty Lord Death, I only ask for a few tiny things... The first is to be let out of these uncomfortable bindings.. I know my place in here and in a conversation such as this, and I shall not do anything to jeopardize myself in this situation, you know... Hmhmhm.."

She was feeling a bit... restricted. And didn't like it.

"Oh, and by the by, I have her body because I found it lying around her castle.. I could feel her soul... It has grown very large and has taken in a lot of insanity... I am currently unsure as to where she is or what she is up to, however, because I hadn't seen her during infiltration..."

That one was the whole truth. Medusa truly didn't know about what happened to Arachne and was concerned, herself... But perhaps she could find out if she were to join up with Shibusen and infiltrate in larger numbers..

Shinigami didn't know whether to trust her story or not... But in actuality, he did remember that a meister of his, Hebi, had gone with Medusa to Arachne's lair undercover... But he hadn't been inside. Medusa had him there... They may have been able to locate Baba Yaga's Castle, but without the correct details of the inside of it, there was no way to know what to do or where Arachne was... It was foolish to go anywhere blindly.. And reconnaissance would only get them caught at this point, Shinigami knew... He was silent for a good 5 minutes.

"... Let her loose."

The officers were shocked, but quickly responded to Shinigami's order, unfastening Medusa's straps and buckles and letting her out of her binding restrictions.

"... What are your other requests, Medusa...?"

Once free, Medusa stretched out comfortably and sighed contentedly.

"Ooooh, how it feels good to be out of those cruel bindings~. You really are too much, Shinigami-sama~."

She was toying with him. Regardless of that, she was going to tell him the rest of her demands, since he seemed to be on board with her proposal... She was very happy.

".. Well. The first is to be granted immunity to attack from any Meister or Weapon, or anyone else associated with Shibusen... and this goes for my own little 'friends' as well..."

She absolutely needed that one... If she didn't bother them, she did not want them to bother her... especially if she were to be doing some 'experiments' soon...

"... Also, I would like to lead a squad in the mission to infiltrate the base, since I know it the best. And can you make sure that they listen to me completely? I cannot have any rebellious units..."

That was two of her demands, but she still had two more.

"The third is to be able to come in and out of Shibusen while Baba Yaga's Castle is still inhabited by Arachne... And finally..."

This one was the one she needed most... She wanted to see if Shinigami would allow her this one or if she would have to sneak in, herself...

"... To have access to Shibusen's Secret Room... The storage room..."

She knew what lay dormant in Shinigami's collection below the school... or rather, she knew of just a smidge of what was down there. She wanted everything else... Whatever was down there, she wanted to know it. She awaited Shinigami's response, being very nervous despite her confidence... She knew that Shinigami was unpredictable, even in such a situation as this... He could actually kill her dead right now if he wished it...

Shinigami pondered each and every request thoroughly, coming up with a counter argument to some of them. He would look Medusa directly in the eye with the utmost seriousness and malice.

".. I can only grant you full immunity until you actually pose a threat to Shibusen or do something to betray our trust... If you do something that is even slightly suspicious, we will have the right to kill you on the spot. Do not think you are safe just because you are allowed to move around a little. You're still a snake in a cage."

Shinigami turned his head to the side reluctantly, not even wanted to look at her anymore.

"... Since you do know Arachne's base better than any of us, I will allow you to command the squads, however you will be under the supervision of a high ranking Meister, as well. Also, I will only allow you to lead if you promise to find our missing... Student. Fuuma Tera."

It had been a long time since Shinigami had even heard from Fuuma, but he knew that Fuuma must have been in Baba Yaga's Castle.. It was the only explanation. Besides, Miya would be going on this mission as well, so she would be needing to get her partner back.

"... Your third request... can be done as long as you are constantly monitored by at least one of the high-ranking people here at Shibusen... Always monitored. I will not allow them to let you out of my sights, or your friends..."

Shinigami knew that if she was roaming around Shibusen, she'd be poking her nose where it didn't belong... and she would have to be executed then and there.

"... And as for the last request... I cannot allow you down there. That is for personnel only. Not for the eyes of anyone but myself and my personal Death Scythes and teachers. I cannot agree to that one. Do not ask me further on the matter."

Shinigami's tone suggested that he was not asking her... but telling her in a way that he knew she would have no choice but to obey, lest she suffer the consequences.

"... Otherwise, we will agree to your terms if you agree with mine, Medusa..."

He didn't feel right, but it was for the good of Shibusen... This alliance would do more good than bad in the long run, Shinigami thought, so there was no true harm as long as Medusa and her friends were monitored...

Medus smiled... those were good terms, considering the conditions of the situation. She liked them all, even if she couldn't get down into the basement...

"... Alright then, Shinigami... Those are the terms and I accept them... So that means, you do, too? Hm. Great..."

Medusa continued to smile, trying to contain her happiness.

"... I ask that you put up a mission in the mission boards.. I will assess any of your students interested in joining me along with my allies... And maybe even some witches from the Witch province, too. Once I am sure that they are ready, we will depart. Is that okay with you, Shinigami-sama~?"

Medusa needed to know what the students could do. Most likely, the strongest would accompany her in the mission, and if they did, Medusa needed to know what they could do and how to effectively counter their attacks and abilities... And so she would 'train' them.. Hmhm.

Shinigami nodded.

"We accept..."

That was when Medusa started talking about training his students... She did have intel on what they were up against, so it wasn't like there was no room for her to train them... But he still couldn't trust her at all.

"... Fine, Medusa. You may teach them... But if you are to harm any of them in any way I feel is threatening to their lives.. Then I will end your days. During this time period, your soul belongs to me. Do not forget that."

There was malice in his voice, and it got incredibly deep. Shinigami was serious. He started back into the mirror.

"... The meeting is over."

Medusa's smile grew wider. Everything was going just as planned...

"... Is that a threat? I believe that verbal abuse would violate our contract, oh great Lord Death~."

She was mocking him, apparently.

".. Though, you are guaranteed that they shall not be harmed in any severe or life threatening way during my training... It is only so that they will be fully prepared for what is in store for them..."

Medusa turned as Shinigami did, knowing that he was going to report to the Mission List to put up the mission. She started to walk, the officers moving out of her way... And that was when she knew that all of this was real. She really did have immunity to being attacked and all access to Shibusen... She started to laugh. She laughed loud, proud and arrogantly as she walked out of the office. This was only the beginning...

Once Medusa left, Shinigami made an announcement throughout toe school and to anybody with a Soul Weapon.

"... Attention. Attention. The Rogue Witch Medusa and any of her allies are in a very temporary alliance with Shibusen. Do not attack her or threaten her in any way, I repeat, do not attack or threaten her in any way, or you will be severely punished. That is all."

Shinigami walked into his mirror... he was about to put the Mission up.
Back to top Go down
Ty-sama
Ty-sama

Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Life Of A Shinigami   The Life Of A Shinigami - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 1:56 pm

Deadly 28: Emergency Meeting With Shinigami

Shinigami appeared before Hebi again, whom he had recently had a talking with only but a few hours ago. Shinigami was still thinking about his most recent meeting... With Medusa.

"... Hello, Hebi-chan. What brings you here?"

His voice wasn't as bubbly and spry as it usually was. He was really in deep thought about this.

The predicament with Hebi was very large... If Medusa found out about the infiltration, then this whole proposal would be off and she wouldn't guide them through Arachne's Base, which was absolutely crucial... Hebi would have to remain hidden until all of this blew over... But if Hebi was within Shibusen, he was constantly eligible to be found out by Medusa, making the problem even greater than it already was..

"... I know all of this, Hebi-chan... The only thing for you to do is to take a temporary leave from Shibusen until Medusa and her teams set off for Baba Yaga's Castle... You must take any and all possessions you own that are within Shibusen and take them with you... In fact, I am sending you on a special mission, Hebi... You are the only one who knows where Medusa's hideout is. I want you and your weapon to go in and gather up any and all information that you can... Since Medusa and her party will be here. Do not depart until you are sure that everyone of Medusa's party has left... Take this mirror so that I can contact you when they are on their way back."

Shinigami would give Hebi a small hand mirror for his travels.

"... Until they are all here, I must ask you to hide in the depths of Shibusen. Do not make a sound until I give the okay, Hebi-chan."

This was a serious matter and must be followed to the T if it were going to be executed correctly.. and Shinigami was well aware of this. This mission was deadly... And the Baba Yaga Mission was even more deadly... Finally, Shibusen was starting to take action against the rogue witches again, and soon, they would be with... Asura.
Back to top Go down
Ty-sama
Ty-sama

Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Life Of A Shinigami   The Life Of A Shinigami - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 2:10 pm

Deadly 29: Return

Shinigami was technically not able to be reached by Soul Perception, as he could only be contacted via any sort of reflective object and writing his phone number on it... And it was true that Shinigami was watching her movements from his mirror back in Shibusen, but... He could not call her.

"... Haaa... She is trying to contact me via Soul Perception... I guess I forgot to tell her that I can only be reached by my phone... Mmm... Maybe if I.."

Shinigami started to concentrate on Siblyx's position very hard, trying to send his wavelength through the mirror, since he could use mirrors as portals.

"42-42-564... 42-42-564..."

The mirror would begin to fluctuate even more, and as Sibs wrote the numbers, Shinigami's image appeared in the mirror as if it were a portal.

"Hii~ Heeey~ How are you, Sibby-chan~? How is your mission going~?"

Shinigami cocked his head to the side, seeming to be in deep thought.

"... Huuuh... A meister? Could he have found a stray person with Weapon's Blood on the street or in his own travels...? Or... Could he be in possession of a Dark Weapon...? Hah... I'm sure that Sibby-chan would have noticed if his weapon were a Dark Weapon, as their souls and wavelengths are very different from normal ones... They are generally a blood red in color and are filled with nothing but negative emotions as well as lust for other souls..."

Shinigami then realized that she called him a mage. That meant that he must have used magic, just like the witches.

"... And he uses magic. He might be associated with the witches, if that is the case.. But, it can't be known if he is with the witches we have made an alliance with, or the rogue witches that roam the Dusk village..."

This guy was puzzling, even for Shinigami. He was creating an army for unknown means, but still needed more souls. He was a meister and a magic-user at the same time, but did not wield a Dark Weapon nor did he seem to have the same destructive intent as rogue witches do...

"Hm.. Okay, okay, Sibby-chan! You are doing well! Continue your sleuthing and check back with me once you find out something else. GOOD WORK~!!"

Shinigami would unleash his rather large, flat, box-like hand and give Sibs the thumbs up and a friendly wink, to show that he was happy about her progress.
Back to top Go down
Ty-sama
Ty-sama

Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Life Of A Shinigami   The Life Of A Shinigami - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 2:24 pm

Deadly 30: Am I In Trouble Again?

Shinigami would be seen in his mirror, as usual, seeming to be busy with something. Once Leia walked into his office, he turned around and waved to her with his large hand.

"Hey hey hey there, Leia-chan~!"

Shinigami stared at Leia for a little while, an awkward silence filling the room.

"Hrrrrmmm...."

It would seem as though Shinigami were thinking about something very hard... Though eventually, the intense tension in the room would lighten up as Shinigami would begin to talk again.

"Leiiia-Leeiaa-Leiiiaaaa-chaaaan~! I have a special request for you~!"

That was the reason why she was called down to the office... Shinigami needed her to go on an errand.. of sorts.

"... You seem to almost have enough souls to be upgraded to a Death Scythe... I need as many Death Scythes as possible assisting me around Shibusen, so.. The newest mission we have up, the one about infiltrating Arachne's lair... Will you pleeeasse pleeaaase pwetty pleeease sign up for it~!???!?"

Despite how serious this was, Shinigami seemed to take it as a joke. Not only that, he wasn't asking her, truly... He was telling her in an interrogative way.

"Maaah... So far, it is Nathan-kun and Takai-kun... As well as the Snake Witch Medusa and her henchmen..."

Shinigami tried to play off the last part as if Medusa and her gang were actually no big deal and were part of Shibusen... Perhaps Leia wouldn't notice what he said... Or maybe, Leia didn't even know about Medusa and her gang, and that would make Shinigami have to explain less.

"... There will be the Witch Arachne's soul on the line if you kill her."

Well, at least he didn't have to explain anything. But now came a more important issue...

".. Leia-chan. You are the only true autonomous Scythe Weapon besides Khrona-chan's daughter, Chroma-chan... Therefore, both you and Chroma are rivals to become my personal Death Scythe. Tear-kun is my Death Scythe now, however he is not a scythe and therefore I cannot use him to my fullest potential... Yes, to his, but not to mine..."

Shinigami sighed a bit, rubbing the back of his head with his overly large hands.

"Well... Since you and Chroma are in competition, I will take the stronger of the two~... Or, whomever is to become a Death Scythe first. But, Leia-chan... Since you are very close... I need to teach you a typical resonance that is only achieved by Scythe weapons... the Witch Hunt."

Shinigami sighed..

"Jiiii... Leia-chan, the Witch Hunt is a Soul Resonance ability that is very useful in the aid of killing witches, as the name may suggest... However, you need a partner to use it, but with team missions, you could probably utilize it... And besides, if you become my Death Scythe, you'll need to know it~!"

Shinigami extended his large hand out to Leia.

"Weapon foooorm~!"

Shinigami would need to... 'assess' Leia's wavelength for this to work... And the only way to assess it to complete accuracy was through Soul Resonance.

Shinigami would grab Leia's handle, lifting her up and down a bit.

"Hrmmm... Looks like you can stably keep a good synchronized wavelength with me... Okay, okay, Leia-chan~! Now I'm going to need you to up your resonance rate... try to achieve a soul resonance with me. I am going to increase my wavelength... If you can keep it up, we'll move further from there. Okayyy~?"

Immediately afterward, Shinigami started to grunt in a very gruff and deep voice... much different than his normal, goofy voice.

"Hrrrrrrrruuuuhhhhh..."

His wavelength started to increase greatly...

Shinigami could feel Leia's wavelength trying hard... Her soul was trying to reach Shinigami's heights. Her own Death Soul naturally went well with Shinigami's because... Well, Death, ya know? So, the resonance rate wasn't as high or as difficult as it would be with another weapon that wasn't a Death Scythe.

"Good, Leia... Now, I want your soul and my soul to be one... I want you to have a complete Soul Resonance with me... If you are to gain this power and be my weapon..."

With Leia's soul increasing resonance rate, after a short period of time, they would have achieved the... Soul Resonance. but the resonance was more powerful than that. With Shinigami resonating with Leia, there would be a new power rising up from the wavelengths.. it was...

"Witch Hunt..."

The power of Leia's Death Soul and the way she used it allowed her to change forms... into something more wispy and shadow-like, yet still badass at the same time... This was how her Witch Hunt form looked.

As the resonance continued, Shinigami started to talk to Leia.

"Leia-chan... How does it feel? This is only a little of the power of what you would be as a Death Scythe... Is it what you expect, Leia-chan?

Shinigami stabilized the resonance so that his power went no higher as to not completely overwhelm Leia and cause bad things to happen to her soul... She was fine as she was at this point.

"Well then, Leia-chan..."

More and more power was surging throughout the room through the resonance between them, the aura around them taking the shape of a skull of sorts...

"That means training is over~!!"

Abruptly, everything stopped and Shinigami placed Leia on the ground in front of him, waiting for her to transform back to normal. Shinigami bounced around a little in place as if nothing happened, yet seemed to enjoy the fact that they had just achieved the Witch Hunt.

Shinigami clasped his gigantic hands together and continued to bounce around happily.

"Leia-chan~! Leia-chan~! You are almost done collecting souls, Leia chaaaan~! But remember, the final 100th soul has to be that of a witch, or else I will be forced to confiscate all of your previous souls... Don't ask me how, though~!"

Shinigami gave Leia the 'thumbs up' with both hands very close to her face.

"Not that much more soul hunting left, huh, Leia-chaaan~? It would be wise to find a rogue witch to hunt now, hmmm~?"

Shinigami parted his hands from her face and looked at Leia, creeping in closer for a better inspection.

"Jiiiii~? Is something troubling you, Leia-chan?"

His hands would retract into the oblivion of his deathliness as he awaited an answer from Leia. She seemed to be thinking of something upsetting... and Shinigami could tell.
Back to top Go down
Ty-sama
Ty-sama

Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Life Of A Shinigami   The Life Of A Shinigami - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 2:27 pm

Deadly 31: Reporting Back

Shinigami appeared in the mirror once Nathan wrote in the numbers, the ripples from it fading after a while.

"Hi~ Hi~ Hello~, Nathan-kun! What's up~?"

Shinigami cocked his head to one side, then to the other side.

"Hmmmmm... Somehow, these aren't pure souls... They're tainted. Whatever the Dutchman was doing, he did not have the pure souls of humans..."

Shinigami looked to the two of them who seemed rather disappointed that their mission was failed...

"... As compensation for your efforts and the fact that you two are rather loyal, I grant youuuuu... THESE 50 SOULS! Split them evenly between the two of you~!"

Shinigami would have 25 souls each float over to Takai and Nathan, ready for them to have their weapons eat them.

Shinigami shook his head and waved his hand.

"Aaaaaaah... Nope~. You two have been doing good work lately. Gewdjub~!"

Again with the over exaggerated, extremely large thumbs up to the faces of Nathan and Takai.

"Just make sure to keep on collecting souls and ridding this place of evil, guys~! Get those death scythes! Get those death scythes!"

Shinigami shook his head.

"Nope nope, Takai-kun, no new missions so far. Things have been quiet lately, so there's been nothing to post up. Sowwy~!"

Shinigami shrugged his shoulders in a comical fashion.

"You should go SOUL HUNTING THOUGH~. It'll get you a few more souls!"

Back to top Go down
Ty-sama
Ty-sama

Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Life Of A Shinigami   The Life Of A Shinigami - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 2:29 pm

Deadly 32: New Student Lord Shinigami

As the two of them came to Shinigami's mirror, he would already be there, as if expecting them. He quickly greeted by holding up one of his large box hands and waving.

"Hi~! Hello~! Howdy~! Justin-kun! It is rare that I see you here with a new student! BOY IS IT COLD IN HERE! Crank up the heater in here, will you~?"

Shinigami made a shivering motion with his body, but in actuality, he knew that it was Perura's wavelength. He was just making a joke. He stopped with the shivering and peered down at Perura.

"Hi Hi~! And who might you be?"

Shinigami's facial expression grew a little depressingly grim as she tried to say his name. It was... Um... Not exactly what he expected.

"Aaah... Hmmm... Perura...chan? Nice to meet you..."

The way she forced her words, Shinigami didn't feel all too comfortable with that, actually. It sorta brought down the mood.

"... Well then, Perura-chan. What brings you to Shibusen...?"

Shinigami was definitely trying to lighten the mood back to what it was before... Haha.

Shinigami nodded, placing his gigantic hand under his 'chin' and rubbing it, while at the same time nodding.

"Ooooh, I see, I see! I assume she said something along the lines of ' My parents sent me here so that I could gain better control over my powers, though I think I'm pretty good already ' and ' I want to be able to make friends that understand my... unique taste. I'm not much of a talker...'"

Shinigami paused for a moment, then shrugged his shoulders.

"Of course, I don't know what she's saying at all~!!!"

Shinigami extended his hand out of the mirror and patted her on the head.

"Don't worry little Perura-chaaaaan~! We'll teach you everything you need to know, right, Justin-kun?"
Back to top Go down
Ty-sama
Ty-sama

Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Life Of A Shinigami   The Life Of A Shinigami - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 2:30 pm

Deadly 33: Arriving at Shinigami Academy

Suddenly, right before the hero, a mirror would appear as if someone were waiting for him. It did not cast a reflection and seemed to be some sort of portal... It beckoned him into it.
Back to top Go down
Ty-sama
Ty-sama

Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Life Of A Shinigami   The Life Of A Shinigami - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 2:34 pm

Deadly 34: Reporting In To Shinigami-sama

Shinigami would appear from out of his mirror bouncing happily about. He would look down at Takai and raise one of his boxed, flat hands in greeting to him.

"Hey hey hey Takai-kun! What can I do for you today~?"

Shinigami's eye sockets widened at the news as he bent over to inspect Furiko, who was beside Takai.

"Oh? Is that right?"

Shinigami eyed her up and down, inspecting her soul with his Soul Perception beyond godly limits. He nodded for a moment, then was silent. His face showed very deep thought and concern.

"Hrrrmmm..."

He seemed as though he was straining with the thought but... Surely enough, after a moment or two, his box hand would explode out of himself right in front of both Takai and Furiko's face giving the deuces of Victory.

"V! V! CONGRATULATIONS TAKAI-KUN AND FURIKO-CHA~N! You have finally become a Death Scythe~! How is it~?"
Back to top Go down
Ty-sama
Ty-sama

Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Life Of A Shinigami   The Life Of A Shinigami - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 2:35 pm

Deadly 35: It's Supposed To Be Here, Right?

Immediately as Jenova did that, a large mirror would appear in front of him, showing nothing inside, projecting no reflection. The mirror seemed to show just blankness. Without warning, Jenova would be sucked inside of it and taken to the Death Room.
Back to top Go down
Ty-sama
Ty-sama

Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Life Of A Shinigami   The Life Of A Shinigami - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 2:39 pm

Deadly 36: Guess This Is It

As he was spat out of the mirror, Jenova would see that the same mirror he was shot out of started to ripple, a figure forming in it. It was Shinigami-sama, himself. He would exit from the rippling mirror, waving at Jenova.

"Hoiiiiii theeere~! How are you today~? You came here to enroll in Shi~Bu~Sen~?"

Shinigami bent over on his er... 'stalk' you could call it, peering right into Jenova's eyes with his own eyeless sockets.

"Hrrrm~? You came here without even knowing about me...?"

Shinigami looked at him even longer, and now even more awkwardly, exchanging Jenova's own awkward stare. Just then, Shinigami's huge, flat, box-like hand would poff (yes, poff) out of his body and chop directly on Jenova's head, a huge squared impact site appearing on his head.

"SHINIGAMI CHOP DIRECTLY TO THE NOGGIN!"

The side of his hand would be steaming, as would Jenova's head at the impact sight.

"Now now now~! I am Shinigami-sama~! You could say, I am the fun fun fuuuu~n overseer and creator of this entire place! Shibusen! Nice to meet you~!"

Shinigami started to bounce on his little stalk as Khrona's name was mentioned, and he would back away from Jenova in the process and clap his two large hands together with joy.

"Oh! Khrona-chan sent you eh~? Well that makes sense! You are here to learn about Shibusen and the Weapon Partners? You will have to join Shibusen and be at the beck and call of Shibusen once you receive one, you know... Are you ready for that?"

"Haaai~!"

Shinigami would pull out a huge book from seemingly nowhere, putting it in front of Jenova.

"This is a list of weapons that attend Shibusen already that are partnerless and would like a partner. If you want to find your perfect weapon partner, find a weapon you want and then we'll check to see if your wavelengths are compatible."

Shinigami would look in the book and nod his head.

"Oh! Yes, we'll bring her in right now and see if your wavelengths are compatible."

Without much warning, the same girl as in the book would walk into the room standing next to Jenova. Shinigami would then use his monstrous Soul Perception to see the compatibility of their souls.

Shinigami chuckled to himself, the two were compatible even though it seemed like they were complete opposites. Opposites attract, they always say.

"Well well well, Jenova-kun, Infante-chan, you two are issued partners now! You aren't 'married' as you say, but you will be spending a lot of time together as weapon and meister."

Shinigami sighed heavily, letting his head droop over to the side a little bit as his body kinda slumped. An anime sweatdrop appeared over his head as he gave a concerned look to Jenova for a moment.

"Uh... Jenova-kun..."

He then looked over to Infante, nodding at her.

"... Weapons have the ability to change from human to weapon form. Because of her weapon blood, this allows her the ability to transform. Just... Ask her to do it and she should do it. Infante-chan...~?"

Shinigami sighed again, Jenova didn't seem to know the first this about being a meister.

"Uhhh... Jenova-kun... I would suggest learning how to use your weapon in the classroom or something like that..."

Shinigami would point at the direction of the exit of his office, but more specifically at a sign posted right outside of it.

"There are signs all over Shibusen that tell you where everything is. This is so that new students don't get lost, you know. This is a biiiig place~! Or if you need help, I can bring one of my teachers here?"

Shinigami returned the thumbs up to Jenova with his giant box hands, making it look rather comical. He also made a very triumphant noise to Jenova as if signifying that was a good idea.

"Go for it, Jenova-kun! Infante-chan! And remember to always do your best~! GOOD LUCK!!"

Shinigami would start to wave at him.
Back to top Go down
Ty-sama
Ty-sama

Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Life Of A Shinigami   The Life Of A Shinigami - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 2:46 pm

Deadly 37: Well The First Time Was A Bust, Hope This Time Goes Better

Janko would quickly be snatched up by a random mirror and taken to the middle of the Death Room, A.K.A. Shinigami's office. There he would be face to face with Shinigami, who towered over him.

"Hi~! Hi~! Hey~! What is it you need~?"

Shinigami bounced up and down, then bounced backward and more toward his mirror.

"Yes! This is where you will be issued your Soul Weapon and become enrolled in Shibusen! Good for you~!"

Shinigami pulled out a large book and placed it in front of Janko.

"Tell me your name. Also, what weapon do you seek?"

Shinigami would nod, looking into the mirror behind him, then back at Janko. To test their Resonance... Shinigami had to do that himself.

Shinigami waved at the two, smiling... even though technically no one should be able to see that.

"Well then! Looks like you two are acquainted quite well. Now, Janko-kun... WELCOME TO SHIBUSEN~! Feel free to do whatever you want to get more acquainted with Xin Shong."
Back to top Go down
Ty-sama
Ty-sama

Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Life Of A Shinigami   The Life Of A Shinigami - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 3:18 pm

Deadly 38: Visit The Death Room

From a mirror dead center of the podium in the Death Room, Shinigami would exit from it, towering over Kaito and waving his massive hand friendly...ly.

"Hiii~! What brings you here?"

Shinigami cocked his head to the side, questioning what he wanted.

"A pair?"

Seems like he wanted two, which may or may not be possible depending on how his wavelength was. It was a rarity to have 2 anyway, so he would have to be quite lucky to have two. Shinigami inspected...

While looking at his wavelength, it was decent, allowing him ability to get one weapon, but not the ability to wield two.

"Sorry, sorry! But you cannot obtain a pair of weapons. Many apologies~! Hoooowwwever... You can have ONE if you like...?"

Shinigami nodded, pulling out a massive book.

"Look up which weapon you would like and turn to the page, then show me their picture and name."

Shinigami observed who this was and eyed this up and down.

"Kaede-chan...? Alright, well let's see how your wavelengths work with each other."

Shinigami would observe Kaito's wavelength to see how well it would work with Kaede's... to see how good of partners they would be.

Shinigami was a bit shocked at what he saw. Their wavelengths matched almost exactly! Rare, but useful. He must have a knack for picking out his weapon.

"Perfect~! You and Kaede are perfect Meister and Weapon. I'll bring her out then~!"

From the mirror behind Shinigami, Kaede would emerge and go up to Kaito.

Shinigami shrugged his shoulders.

"That's for you to decide, Kaito-kun. Kaede-chan. Shibusen is your home now, so use our resources to your full advantage."

That being said, Shinigami calmly entered his mirror. He had business to attend to...
Back to top Go down
Ty-sama
Ty-sama

Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Life Of A Shinigami   The Life Of A Shinigami - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 3:28 pm

Deadly 39: I Hope I'm In The Right Place

In front of Vessel a large mirror would suddenly appear, thought did not show his reflection. Without warning, a huge hand would exit from the mirror and grab him, pulling him inside of it, revealing that it was a portal all along. He would be taken to the Death Room.
Back to top Go down
Ty-sama
Ty-sama

Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Life Of A Shinigami   The Life Of A Shinigami - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 3:31 pm

Deadly 40: Seeing Death

The door would open and Shinigami would be standing there to greet Juri.

"Ooooh. Hello there~! Are you a new student at Shibusen? Are you here for enrollment and to get a weapon~?"

Shinigami quickly turned around and pulled Juri in behind him, walking to his pedestal in the middle of the Death Room.

"Yes~! Yes~! You enroll and get a weapon at the same time. Before you get a weapon, you must tell me your name and look for what kind of weapon you want."

Shinigami pulled out a massive book and handed it to Juri.

"Choose here."

Shinigami looked down at her.

"Ah, Aleta? One of our newer students as well. I think you two would be perfect together~! And she is a rare breed as well... Tonfas."

Shinigami called in Aleta through his mirror, and she would walk over to Juri.

"You two have fun~!"

Shinigami extended his massive hand, stiffening it and slamming it upon Juri's head.

"Shinigami Chop Directly to the Noggin!!"

There would be an imprint of Shinigami's box hand in Juri's head as well as blood spewing out and steam for comical relief.

"That's Shinigami-sama."

Shinigami bounced about, moving toward his mirror.

"Oh? You want me to evaluate your soul...?"

Shinigami did need to evaluate his soul, especially with the correspondence of how powerful a bond Aleta and Juri actually had.

"Hmmmm..."

Shinigami shrugged his shoulders.

"Well, Juri-kun, your soul is how your soul is. There is no do-over... It's just who you are. Your soul is weak and your resonance is weak. You will just have to train to get better... And if you don't..."

Shinigami's voice got deeper as he loomed over Juri with a stiffened hand, ready for another devastating Shinigami Chop Directly to the Noggin for Juri.

"... If you want to get stronger, I would suggest using Shibusen's resources and taking Aleta and going to class every day to train with Tear-kun or one of our other teachers or experiences meisters. That is what Shibusen is for; young meisters who are weak to get stronger and better."
Back to top Go down
Ty-sama
Ty-sama

Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Life Of A Shinigami   The Life Of A Shinigami - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 3:32 pm

Deadly 41: I Would Like To Enroll Please

As Snow spoke, the doors of Shibusen opened up slowly, but surely, and before him a mirror would appear straight from the ground. It did not offer a reflection, but a portal to the inside of Shibusen; the Death Room, where Shinigami resided. If he wished for enrollment, he'd have to talk to him inside.
Back to top Go down
Ty-sama
Ty-sama

Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Life Of A Shinigami   The Life Of A Shinigami - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 3:37 pm

Deadly 42: Enrolling In The Shinigami Academy!

As with all others, a mirror would appear before Satsuki, showing no reflection of herself, but the room she was supposed to enter. It was a portal meant for her to enter. She would have to step inside to reach the Death Room, where she would meet the principal of the school to enroll...
Back to top Go down
Ty-sama
Ty-sama

Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Life Of A Shinigami   The Life Of A Shinigami - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 3:38 pm

Deadly 43: Another Recruit

Before them, a mirror would appear that would act as a portal to the Death Room. They should walk through to get to their destination.
Back to top Go down
Ty-sama
Ty-sama

Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Life Of A Shinigami   The Life Of A Shinigami - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 3:40 pm

Deadly 44: Bringing Bad News To Shinigami

In the depths of the mirror, Shinigami's image would appear, waving at Hebi.

"Hoiii~! You're back from your mission, Hebi?"

Shinigami sighed heavily, scratching the back of his head with his overly large hand.

"Maahh... Well, don't feel bad, Hebi-kun! There are many more souls out there for you to collect! I don't have any pressing issues to be resolved at the moment, but I'm sure you'll find something to do,huh?"

Shinigami shrugged, feeling bad that he had nothing for Hebi to do. He was such a good student.
Back to top Go down
Ty-sama
Ty-sama

Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Life Of A Shinigami   The Life Of A Shinigami - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 3:42 pm

Deadly 45: It is time... You Are Summoned

Shinigami had been watching over Takai as he went down below to have a bird's eye view of the catacombs of Shibusen... Only to see that 'they' had been released.

"... Huh... They've returned... Then that means... She is awakened..."

Shinigami's normally informal tone was now formal, deathly serious. He was going to need to take action soon.

"... They must come. Yuri. Aliyah."

He called out to no one in particular, yet the message would reach the two wherever they were.

Having only met the failure numerous times for misconduct and Aliyah never, these two seemed to be the most unlikely of people that Shinigami would call to his office... but it would seem as though he saw something special in them.

"I have been watching the growth of you two for some time now... Yuri, you have been in Shibusen for many years, constantly failing at everything you do... But recently, it seems as though you have become more determined, as if given a purpose... And you, Aliyah. Your resolve and your energy have shot you through the ranks easily. Not only this, but your enthusiasm and your dedication are astounding as well. With much more focused training, the two of you will become great... And that is what I have called you two here today for."

Shinigami's voice was deep and serious; far different from the normal aloof tone he usually had. His words were the truest they had ever been for a while.

"A new threat quickly comes to the Dusk Village... And I need more soldiers to protect it. Your beloved higher ups and Kages simply cannot do it all."

Shinigami was pleased with those two. Yuri had a complete change of heart while Aliyah was more hardened by his words.

"... I must show you what has begun..."

Shinigami moved backward, allowing his mirror to be in full view. The mirror distorted for a moment before coming to a picture that was Takai fighting Cie'th underground in Shibusen's depths.

"Those are Cie'th that your comrade is fighting. Cie'th are only created when a fal'Cie is active... And the fal'Cie that Shibusen has been keeping dormant has awakened. She is Eden. Her awakening foretells great evil that will come upon the Dusk, far greater than a new Kishin... And I need more soldiers. Many of my 'supposed to be loyal' students have already been secretly snatched up by the 'glamor' and 'power' of the other villages. Mafia Rings, Zampaktou, etc. They have left my ranks for those of the others, and are now useless as my most trusted people, even if they still do attend Shibusen. You two are some of the very few that have not fallen for the trickeries of the other villages. Soon... I may not even be able to trust any that hold those iniquitous powers..."

Shinigami sighed, lowering his head.

"It was different so many years ago... I could trust my students to be loyal and true. But now... That is not the case. But you two are pure bred Shibusen warriors. You have proven yourselves and have the highest potential of many that aren't of your leaders' lineage. And so, I wish for you two and Takai-kun to be the first recruits of my new Eight Great Warriors. Do you accept?"

Shinigami nodded to them both, grateful that they accepted his offer.

"That is good, you two. You shall be meeting your cohorts in time. Takai being one of them. Now, for the time being, you are dismissed... Please, strengthen yourselves for the next time I call you... As that may be the start of it all."

Before Shinigami dismissed them both, however, Yuri was already halfway down the hallway. He clearly still needed to work on his respect to higher ranks, but Shinigami would let it go because of his excitement.

"Well. Go on, as well, Aliyah."

Shinigami turned around to face his mirror, gazing deeply into it to watch Takai... It was almost as if he were trying to see the outcome of the events that were about to unfold. He muttered something to himself, almost inaudible.

"Khrona-kun... Maze-kun... Zita-chan..."

He hoped their decisions for the other warriors were wise ones.

Back to top Go down
Ty-sama
Ty-sama

Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Life Of A Shinigami   The Life Of A Shinigami - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 3:43 pm

Deadly 46: Enrolling Into Shinigami Academy

A mirror appeared before him, acting as a portal and shit...
Back to top Go down
Ty-sama
Ty-sama

Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Life Of A Shinigami   The Life Of A Shinigami - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 3:50 pm

Deadly 47: Right This Way Sophia...

The fluctuation in wavelengths in the atmosphere told Shinigami that someone had used their wavelength to warp here. It could only be Tear or Leia, as they were the only ones who had mastered such a technique; Tear with his Soul Transmission and Leia with her Soul Shift. Feeling a rather lax atmosphere of death, Shinigami deduced that it was Leia. He turned around to see the two of them, already figuring out that this was a prospective student.

"Oh, Leia-chan~! You've brought me another person to enroll? What is her name, hmmm~?"

Bouncing about, carefree, Shinigami clasped his hands together at the arrival of another prospective new student.

"Ah! Sophia-chan, hm~? Thank you, thank you!! It is always nice to meet new people ya know~~~?"

As he did with everyone, he inspected the girl as she spoke, to get a feel of her soul and what it was like... but...

"... Hrm...?"

Shinigami's pitch black eyes stared deep into the shy girl, Sophia. Something was different about her... She seemed very similar to the two seasoned Death Wavelength users, Chroma and Leia, but wasn't quite like those two.. Death was embedded within her soul, much like them, but Shinigami couldn't help but get an odd feeling about her. He continued on, now his voice a bit more serious.

"Sophia-chan... Just what is it you wish of me...?"

This girl, he knew, was one that he could not deny. She was the one who came to be long after his first born did, wherever he may be. He was shocked, yet he did not show it, for his black, rigid body stayed motionless.

"... So it is you, Sophia... The daughter of that pact to Death..."

Yes, Shinigami too felt that bond between them, but knew immediately that she had not been here first. She reeked of... Something. Something familiar, yet unfamiliar at the same time. It repulsed Shinigami, to a degree.

"... Why did you not come to me first? I know that you were out elsewhere... Have you come to reclaim your title as my daughter? Or did you just need to see me to complete your life? I am bound to this village... I would like it if you were, too."

Metaphorically speaking, of course. In Shinigami's case, he was LITERALLY bound to the Dusk. But he just wanted her to join as well.

Of course, Shinigami knew that he could not have gotten her when she appeared... He was bound to this city and she was not. He could not go past the Dusk limits, for his very soul was combined with it. How terrible a fate his daughter had to endure... But perhaps it was for the best.

"Earth King... Hmm...?"

Shinigami heard about him before. It wasn't like he wasn't renowned across Vescrutia. He'd made his name so large that there should have been no one who didn't know his name. But what he did... that was another story.

"... I am sorry for being unable to guide you here, but my soul, and therefore my physical body are bound to the Dusk Village, as I said before. I cannot exit the limits under any circumstances."

He lowered his head, still smelling the Earth King on her... Perhaps she had undergone his 'training' already... And that would not be good.

"However, as your father, I cannot condone you being with the Earth King. That man has lost his true heart... He is a Heartless, you know. He dwells in the dark. Whatever you think he is showing you... That is a falsehood."

Yes, Shinigami was a knowledgeabe about things outside of his village... He did live on this planet with all the rest.

"He won't lay a finger on you in his training, sweetie... I'm not letting him."

Shinigami grabbed the back of his daughter and pulled her close.

"I won't let you go if you want to stay with me. Gomen..."

His daughter's embrace was the most reassuring thing to him here. That's how he knew that he secured his daughter's safety... With the safe embrace of his arms. Not the cold, sharp ridges of diamond.

"I cannot say for sure, but I doubt it... The warmth of love feels much different from one with a soul..."

He knelt down beside her, closer to her body. He then wrapped his other hand around her and pulled her close to a tight hug, which brought both of their souls closer. On that moment that they did hug so close and lovingly, it would feel to Sophia like all of those years he wasn't there pressed onto her soul, as well as all of his soul, across the whole city. It focused on her.

"... It feels like this."

A sentimental moment with Shinigami here showed that he was not rejecting his daughter, but taking her in. He hoped that her brother came to be soon, as well...

Shinigami, warmed at the thought, released his daughter from his grip and stood straight back up. He knew that the best place for her was with him, anyway.

"Ah... That makes my old soul quite happy. And now, I can train your power as a Shinigami. Perhaps I will send you with Chroma-chan or Leia-chan to train your skills in the art of death, as well. You will enjoy your time here, sweetie."

With that issue resolved, Sophia would be officially part of the Dusk Village. Shinigami raised his hand and poked her shoulder with his large, square finger, a patch embroidering itself onto her shirt. It was the insignia of the Dusk. Everyone had one, whether they knew it or not.

"Now you are officially part of this village. What is it you would like to do first, then?"

He nodded his head.

"Hai. I will teach you what is necessary, but the powers of a Shinigami widely differ. Those individual powers are for you to explore."

He turned to Leia, who had been ever so patiently waiting for them to finish talking, and he nodded at her.

"Leia-chan, you may leave if you so wish. My daughter and I are going into my mirror so I may show her some powers as a Shinigami."

That said, he made his way into the mirror, Sophia hopefully following along with him.
Back to top Go down
Ty-sama
Ty-sama

Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Life Of A Shinigami   The Life Of A Shinigami - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 5:00 pm

Deadly 48: The Ballad of a Shinigami

Walking into his mirror led the two to a room void of light. It was completely dark in every way, save for a great number of television screens that hovered in the air. These were connections to mirrors/reflections that Shinigami was looking through, or that someone was contacting him on. This was where he answered those calls.

"Sophia-chan... There isn't much I'm able to teach you, but I will inform you of a few things. I hope you are ready..."

"Hai..."

Shinigami turned his head toward the screens slowly, awaying them all in an instant before turning back to Sophia. All of this that she was going to learn was completely secret, and none should see such things transpire, nor should Sophia or Shinigami be distracted in the process.

"... You must know that you are not the full embodiment of Death, like your brother is... He is meant to take my place as God of Death one day, and you were made as a product of sparing a life. That is why teaching you everything is impossible."

It pained him to tell her that, but there was nothing he could do about that. She'd have to find her own way around it.

"Even so, after this point, if you went back to the Neo-Nightmare mafia, you would be betraying your family and me, as a reaper. To keep order in this world, you would be reverted to your form... prior..."

Shinigami of course meant that she would fade away and the pact made before with her mother would become null, causing her to cease to exist. That was why he was trying to make certain that she knew what choice she was making, to be with the Earth King or with Shinigami from the getgo, because there was literally no turning back to the other side when it happened.

"... But, that aside, you still have some power, so to utilize it you must first become one with your Body of a Shinigami."

She didn't know it because she had never come before, but her body had useful features for being a Shinigami. Knowing her own body would assist her in battles later to come.

"You have Type D blood in your body, which is resistance to poisons of any kind. Your body as a whole is unaffected by the conditions of weather as well as old age, which you cannot die from. It is also more impervious than a normal human body, allowing you to sustain fatal blows and wounds without dying."

That was just something to know. The real training came from when she had to harness these abilities for herself.

"Since you are not affected by the limitations of a human body, your speed, strength and dexterity will far exceed a normal person of your rank... With the correct training. To become better, you must constantly train your body. Did you get all of that?"

Shinigami nodded one last time in acknowledgement to her words, feeling much better knowing she fully wished to stay here of her own will. Now he could teach her without a heavy heart.

"Wonderful! Now, another thing is that you should be able to alter the size of your body to your will, but that will also come with practice. Do not forget these things."

Now that the information about her body had been given to her, it was time to harness the few abilities that she could learn. The first was going to be the Skull Shield.

"We Shinigami are able to harness the power of our wavelengths in various different ways... A most basic way of defense is to create a solidified shield of energy in the form of my mask. The Skull Shield."

With his hand out, he demonstrated the ability to her, his hand glowing yellow for but a moment before a large, translucent energy skull was made between them.

"Even though you have the power to create this, it will take time for you to harness your wavelength at the level I do. You must first start off small, and even before that, you must find the special way you connect with your soul. Do you know how to do that, or must I teach you?"

Shinigami chuckled a little bit to himself after watching her try. She was apparently connected with her own soul, but could not access her wavelength, which resulted in those sparkles around her fingertips.

"Awwww. It's so cute to see you try hard, dear. Well, let old Daddy help you~!"

He bounced a little bit and swayed slightly from side to side, holding up only one finger in front of Sophia.

"You already feel your soul, I can see, but you must be able to connect to the power flowing from it. Everything has an energy, and this energy from your soul takes the form of your Soul Wavelength. Just focus on your soul like you did before, and instead of trying to force power, just feel it... Feel your soul and the strength it radiates, before you even try anything. I want you to only feel your wavelength... Okay?"

This was the first step to everything, of course... As it all starts with the soul.

More training, indeed. She learned the power of the wavelength fast, as a Shinigami should, however just because she knew how to create the Skull Shield did not mean it lived up to its name and functioned correctly.

"Now now... I know it is exciting to use your wavelength, but now you must learn to strengthen it."

He lifted his hand and stiffened it like a board, giving it a swift, yet light chop to the Skull Shield, causing it to fall apart and shatter.

"See? It is a weak shield. You must strengthen it by repeatedly practicing with it. Try it again."

Of course, Shinigami intended to do this until she reached her limit or until the Skull Shield was sturdy enough to survive one of his chops. If it could, then she would be fine using it in battle.

Shinigami watched her the entire time until the Skull Shield was made. This time it seemed a bit better, even a bit larger... But would it hold, was the question? He knocked on it with his large box hand, putting his head close to it as if listening to it.

"Hrmmm... Seems sturdier... More concentrated wavelength... But.."

He unraveled his hand, stiffening it like a board once again. With another swift chop, the Skull Shield would break apart to pieces again.

"That was better, dear, but now on this last time, give it your all!"

He wanted her to try it again. Maybe this time it would be up to the strength that he needed.

The great glow of green from her arms was indeed her wavelength achieving more power, and she was definitely getting much better at concentrating it. Shinigami was helping her kill two birds with one stone; controlling her wavelength and using it to create the Skull Shield. This one seemed like it was the one, though.

"Ohhh, this one might be it~!"

He inspected it once again just as before, knocking on it with his great flat hand. It made a different sound this time, one that sounded denser and thicker.

"Hmmm..."

He straightened back up and stiffened his hand again, delivering that same swift but light chop to the Skull Shield. This time, it did not shatter to pieces. That was quite fortunate, for Shinigami didn't want to break her spirit by breaking the Skull Shield for a third time.

"Hohoo~! Congrats, now you've made a sturdy one~!"

He clapped his hands for her in a comical fashion, giving her all the praise.

"And now that you've made a strong enough one, we can move onto the next technique; the Shadow Skull Arms!"

Though... That technique should prove to be a great deal more difficult for her to learn, even as a Shinigami... These two had some work ahead of them.

Shinigami chuckled a little bit, snorting even, when she was so surprised about learning more of these skills that she should know. It was cute to see his daughter so elated.

"Ohohoho~! Oh, Sophie-chan, you make your dear old dad laugh! You weren't around, so you didn't ever get a chance to learn these things from me! But now that we're together--"

But wait. Shinigami sensed something. A dark presence had entered the Dusk Village, as his Soul Wavelength could feel it coming in... At his doorstep, even.

"... Sophia. It seems as though the one you've abandoned has not taken too kindly to your new affection toward me..."

Shinigami's eyes narrowed, becoming more intense, as his normal buoyant attitude and voice started to become serious and intense... scary, even.

"... Stay close to me. He may try to come here, or even take you by force. Little does he know, not even his power can reach this place... A personal void-realm that me and my descendents are able to create through their bodies, or for me, reflections as well."

That was something he was going to teach her later down the lines, how to create and access this void-realm. He and his son could do it... So why not his daughter?

"Just... Be careful."

With that said, a large mirror appeared before him as he awaited this confrontation... Perhaps he knew this was going to happen sooner or later. He was just hoping it wasn't while he was trying to bond with his child...

After waiting for so long, it would seem that the destroyer hadn't advanced further to do what he does best; destroy. To Shinigami's shock, the threat of his little family wasn't being shattered to bits by him, meaning that he must have gotten delayed on his journey here.

"Hrm... I guess until he comes knocking on my mirror, I can still teach you. Perhaps I do have time for that..."

Still on edge, Shinigami would be more keen to his surroundings than normal.

"Now, Sophia... About the Shadow Skull Arms... You are able to manipulate arms from your body in the shapes of skulls on electrical black wavelength strings. These 'Shadows' are merely black masses that serve the purpose of normal arms, claws, or something else along those lines. They are made up of both your physical body and your wavelength, so they are able to seal up wounds and reattach body parts, if you have enough power to do so. They are very taxing for newer users."

He hoped his explanation got through to her and she wasn't too distraught, as well... Shinigami only wished this stubborn man could understand what he was doing to the one he wanted so much. It was clear she had no interest in him, so Shinigami could only wonder... Why? Perhaps he'd answer when he got here... Though there is no excuse.

Of course, her father did indeed comply, stretching his spiky black mass of a body out a little bit.

"Alright... Hold on..."

So, from his form did four rather large, menacing skull face-claws on what looked like electrical strings burst from his body, flowing around and moaning woefully angrily. He allowed them to flow freely about his realm, even picking up Sophia and moving her around in the sky.

"See? They are fun~!"

After a moment or two, he put her back down and retracted them.

"Now it is your turn to try."

A large hand came toward her head, rubbing it affectionately. This was Shinigami's huge hand and he was showing her that he was happy that she could do it a little bit.

"It's alright Sophia-chan. Just try it again. But slower this time. You aren't in a battle, so there's no need to rusdh. Slowly allow it cto come out.. Then try to control it."

He lifted his hand from her head and backed up a bit, to give her some space, just in case she felt a little bit crowded. His talk with the Earth King was completed now, so he could finally train his daughter in peace.

He watched her steadily grow better and better with the Shadow Skull Arms, even if she was becoming frustrated with her progress of the technique. She was doing much better than she thought.

"Ahh... Either way, I am very proud of you, Sophia-chan..."

A Shadow Skull Arm suddenly extended from Shinigami's body, and connected with that of Sophia's, interlocking hands. Then, she should have been able to feel his wavelength, as well as her own slowly beginning to calm itself and synchronize. With this, understanding the power of the Shadow Skull Arms should become easier to her, as she would now have the guidance of her father, holding her hand and walking her through it.

"Now try it, Sophia-chan. I'm sure you'll do a bit better this time, wouldn't you say~?"

Naturally, she wouldn't be a master of this ability for a while, but with this, it would become of some use to her... Some great use to her.

Shinigami nodded his head to her, stretching out and yawning after retracting his arm.

"Yaaawwwn~! Well, Sophia-chan, I am getting rather tired... Besides that, these other techniques I will have to teach you in time. Perhaps when you grow some more, hm~?"

The more she grew in power, the more she'd be able to do with him, so that was always good. He just needed her to try, and to always remember to become better with her powers and everything that she did.

Shinigami pointed to the mirror, feeling her strife about where she was going to stay with his own wavelength.

"Sophia-chan, you can either stay in Shibusen or in the Mezzanine. These two places are comfortable for sleep, you know."

Last edited by Ty-sama on Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ty-sama
Ty-sama

Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Life Of A Shinigami   The Life Of A Shinigami - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 5:06 pm

Deadly 49: You Don't Know Me Man...

After sitting back on his seat in his Sanctum Earth King had obtained the vision he had so loved and cherished. It opened his blind spots and forever expanded his new horizons most of all when people spoke his name, he could see them... and he had a bone to pick with Shinigami. Calling him a "heartless" saying he gave his heart to "darkness" saying he had alterior movies was not his M.O

Especially because he honestly wanted to take the broken Sophia in and build her resolve back up. Not use her for his own purposes.

So the Earth King came here, to Shibusen exiting a dark corridor standing at the gates waiting for someone to answer him. He wasn't going to barge in, not out of fear but out of respect. Shinigami thought he was some God? He seemed to be even more capable of human error... and it was time the Earth King came and corrected him.

"Can I help you?"

-Justin said walking from behind the Gates of Shinbusen. His earphones were blasting music as loud as possible- as usual. His hands were at his sides and his body was in a relaxed fashion, but his face told a different story. He maintained that stern look he always had when he looked and talked to people like the Earth King. Their last encounter really left a bad taste in his mouth.-

"I knew you'd show up... Though I'd favor Leia."

For the sake of knocking out two birds with one stone of course. Either way, The Earth King didn't have anything against justin. He knew that it was like him to stay loyal to his "God" and he respected that all the better. He couldn't help if his behavior affected him in a different way.

Whatever the case, this wasn't a hostile visit.

"How does this typically go? I'd like to speak with Shinigami? Not on the typical join Shibusen stuff. I just wanna talk to the guy. There's a lot of grey area that I wanna clear up."

"Well I'm sorr, but Shinigami is very busy. We have had an overload of new Shibusen students and he doesn't have time for leisure visits."

-He said firmly. There was no change in posture or in tone. He spoke how it was and he wasnt going to change the rules for anyone...anyone.-

"Maybe you should reschedule.."

"Have a good day."

The Earth King turned around on a dime, and walked back home a dark portal opened in front of him. It was unfortunate that people could partake in the slander of another then turn their doors closed to them thereafter. He doesn't really operate on such a policy, but even if he explained how the nature of his visit wasn't "leisurely" he didn't see himself getting in this particular way. I guess honor is truly dead...

"Cool your jets Justin. He comes in peace.."

-Leia said interjecting the Earth King. She had just walked up the stairs from behind the Earth King after completing whatever task Shinigami assigned her to earlier than expected. She always was an over achiever, just to lazy to channel it.

She had pushed Justin out the way after passing the Earth King. He always was a tight ass when it came to other village interactions.

"I just talked to Shinigami and he's clear.."

-She said with a matter of fact tone of voice. She looked to the Earth King now..she wondered what he wanted with him though.-

To be completely honest, that dark corridor let straight into Shinigami's door step. The Earth King wasn't above alternate means of getting what he wants. He was even more elated to see that the person he had recently accepted into his family was the one to clout him in.

"Perhaps he sensed that I was going to kick open the door."

A tight ass? If that meant he didn't like his name getting dragged in the dirt then I guess so. The dark corridor shut in front of him with quite an alarming force for some odd reason, and the Earth King turned back around. And simply walked his way to the doorstep.

"..."

The situation spoke for itself.

As the two took a step toward the gates of Shibusen, a large mirror arose right from the ground, harboring not their reflections, but a portal straight to the Death Room; Shinigami's platform. That was where he would speak to them both. Something odd seemed to beckon Justin Law to the mirror as well... It was the will of Shinigami, which he should have known quite well by now. Enter...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Life Of A Shinigami   The Life Of A Shinigami - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Life Of A Shinigami
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next