The Veritas; The Crystal Dimension
"The Veritas Is Under Attack. Again... By Bill Gates, The Government, And Kenzie Reeves, Who Works For Them. I'll Let You Know If Anyone Else Ever Does Get 'System Passwords' From Me." - Founder/Owner (Tymon Nikia Bolton II)
"The Veritas Is Under Attack. Again... By Bill Gates, The Government, And Kenzie Reeves, Who Works For Them. I'll Let You Know If Anyone Else Ever Does Get 'System Passwords' From Me." - Founder/Owner (Tymon Nikia Bolton II)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where All Is Made Truth...

HomePortalPublicationsRegisterLog in
Discord Server
Twitter
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The Veritas; The Crystal Dimension on your social bookmarking website

What Is Graphic Design?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tear M. Lacrimoso
Shinigami Tsukuyomi :: Moon's Eye Mirror; Keeper of the Crystal Heart
Tear M. Lacrimoso

Dog
Pisces Male Points : 3041
Job/hobbies : The Teacher

What Is Graphic Design? Empty
PostSubject: What Is Graphic Design?   What Is Graphic Design? EmptyMon Jan 22, 2018 3:17 pm

Write a one paragraph description of what graphic design is to you. Then, research the graphic design industry here in Chicago and the various types of work that designers do. Find 5 design firms/studios that specialize in the type of work that interests you most. Make a list of these 5 firms including: name, URL, and 2-3 bullet points of why you like them.

Once you have researched what graphic design is and the industry here in Chicago, compose your design philosophy (or manifesto) as it stands today. This can be written or illustrated (graphic designers are visual communicators). It should not be grandiose or lengthy. Less is more.…be as clear and concise as possible. This is your opinion, but should not be based on “I like” or textbook definitions:

Voice your manifesto & philosophy.
What is design to you?
What can or should design be?
Why do you want to be a graphic designer?
What you feel constitutes great design?
Who are you inspired by? Why?
Be sure your message is clear.
Your philosophy may change over time based on your experiences. Keep a digital file of every update, you will use this in later classes. Deliverable is an uploaded PDF containing your paragraph, 5 firms research, and philosophy. Filename format is your first initial plus last name hyphen “philosophy” (AFrommelt-Philosophy.pdf). Print and bring a copy of your philosophy to class for pin-up critique.
Back to top Go down
Tear M. Lacrimoso
Tear M. Lacrimoso

Dog
Pisces Male Points : 3041
Job/hobbies : The Teacher

What Is Graphic Design? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Graphic Design?   What Is Graphic Design? EmptyMon Jan 22, 2018 3:43 pm

Tymon Bolton II - "Art Of Heart"

Graphic Design is more a visualization or concept in the mind that is transferred and brought to life in digital media. It is art that is meant to be visually created and viewed in a format that is visually or digitally appealing and expressive to the artist or the viewer. The myriad of methods that tie into the fullness of the concept leave availability to flexibility of the artist's own creativity and the interpretation from the audience or viewer. Because there is so much Graphic Design that goes into everyday life nowadays, especially with the growing development of technology and necessity for graphic design in order to accommodate, the industry has become an important part of society today.

Studio Index: http://studio-index.co - This is a great index for finding companies and industries all over the world, which is important for networking.

Prophet: https://www.prophet.com/home - The services of this industry seem both productive and useful for completing an ultimate goal of promotion and production.

Firebelly Design: https://www.firebellydesign.com/work - This industry bears a certain charm about it and its designs that draws the attention and is also clean and clear.

Knoed: http://www.knoed.com - A multitude of interesting ideas and a repertoire of innovative designs, plus a focus on branding is what makes this site resourceful.

Type Gestalt: http://typgestalt.com - Foreign relations and networking are important and the company of which is borne interest has a greater housing and contribution to designing, branding and distribution of such once it has occurred.

My artistic style tends to fluctuate, yet within a patternized boundary that rotates in a sort of cyclical manner to a variable degree, thus altering occasionally in order to fit the specific requirements of the occasion. I get all of my artistic inspiration from everything around me at all times. It simply must relate in a manner that I believe I can express or experience in my own way at that time and translate it into my artwork, which, right now, is a script for what I strive to soon have made into Anime, Manga and Video Games. With this, I have honed my artistic skills of Character Development, Design, Storyboard, Grammar, Literary Elements and things of that nature by practicing their arts in my own art, as a sort of 'integration of two or more arts,' so to speak, to make it into a larger part of the original repertoire. A living, growing artwork; a tree of sorts, if you will. This seed has traveled with me for quite some time, and I have been nurturing its growth since before I even knew. This is the culmination of all of my artistic work over the course of my entire life, and I am just now realizing it, and for the final stretch, because I'm short on time... I'd like to expand and define my skill down to the minutia.
Back to top Go down

What Is Graphic Design?
Page 1 of 1