The Veritas; The Crystal Dimension
"Get Out -- The Veritas Is Under Attack. Again... By Bill Gates, The Government, And Kenzie Reeves, Who Works For Them, Using The System That Has Connected Everyone's Brains To Steal My Work And My Passwords, Pass It Off As Their Own, And Publicize My Things To Steal By Getting On My Accounts In Secret With Intent To Get Others Criminally Invested In The Thieving From And Of My Intellectual Property, Which Has Already Been Done, Which I Can And Will Be Suing Them All And Swallowing This World Because Of. I'll Let You Know If Anyone Else Ever Does Get 'System Passwords' From Me." - Founder/Owner (Tymon Nikia Bolton II)
"Get Out -- The Veritas Is Under Attack. Again... By Bill Gates, The Government, And Kenzie Reeves, Who Works For Them, Using The System That Has Connected Everyone's Brains To Steal My Work And My Passwords, Pass It Off As Their Own, And Publicize My Things To Steal By Getting On My Accounts In Secret With Intent To Get Others Criminally Invested In The Thieving From And Of My Intellectual Property, Which Has Already Been Done, Which I Can And Will Be Suing Them All And Swallowing This World Because Of. I'll Let You Know If Anyone Else Ever Does Get 'System Passwords' From Me." - Founder/Owner (Tymon Nikia Bolton II)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where All Is Made Truth...

HomePortalPublicationsRegisterLog in
Discord Server
X (Twitter)
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The Veritas; The Crystal Dimension on your social bookmarking website

Ysli

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Otherworlders
Otherworlders :: Otherlanders, Foreigners, Aliens & Xenotypes
Otherworlders

Ysli - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Ysli   Ysli - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 11:06 am

First topic message reminder :

A strange, glowing alfr that is androgynous and acts as a child sometimes. Every part of the alfr has a light glow to it that fluctuates with mood, and its hair is ethereal. The only part of it that does not glow are large black cuffs that it wears, looking as though it had been chained to something by its shackles. Its attire is made of ethereal energy and covers the body wholly, looking something like pajamas. No one knows where it came from, but it escaped from somewhere. Has the power to turn people insane with its aura when it is upset.

Last edited by Otherworlders on Sun May 09, 2021 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Otherworlders

Ysli - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ysli   Ysli - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 6:46 pm

Ysli placed its hands behind its back sheepishly at Ljos' comment. "Oh." How was it supposed to know that it wasn't normal when all its life of normalcy was rituals and life eating and torture? Whatever the case, Bryn was Ysli's friend, and that made it happy. "Maybe Bryn can be Ysli's family, too!" It smiled, aura glowing brightly. "As long as Ysli is free, Ysli is safe... Uh, I think..." It turned when it heard a different voice, then waved at the person it belonged to. "Hello, person! I'm Ysli! What are you?" Ysli also overheard what Ljos said and wondered, "And what's a Tyrant?"
Back to top Go down
Otherworlders
Otherworlders

Ysli - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ysli   Ysli - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 7:01 pm

Ysli was interested in the being of darkness and shadow, as Ysli was light. Ysli floated over to Alauntree and said, "Nice to meet you, too! I know all about the darkness! It's dark, and it's lonely, and it's all around you at all times..." Naturally, Ysli only had the knowledge of its experience locked away underground, but it thought it knew. It didn't even know it was ignorant, really. But, at the explanation of what a Tyrant was, it looked puzzled. "A bad person? War? What's a war? I will stay inside, but I don't know what a war looks like... Or a Tyrant... So you have to tell me what they look like so I can know to be here!"
Back to top Go down
Otherworlders
Otherworlders

Ysli - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ysli   Ysli - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 7:19 pm

Ysli was fully ignorant of everything everyone was saying, and didn't realize that it was until they started talking. "Wow, I have no idea what you're talking about," Ysli said with a matter of fact smile upon its face. "So many questions! I don't want to bother you, so I'll just stay out of it..." Ysli had no clue what more than half of what they were saying referenced. Shields? Armor? Spears? Worlds? It was almost as if it were a newborn babe. "I hope you can get along," Ysli said to Alauntree, "It's better to get along than to fight! But if you must fight..." Ysli felt a burning passion inside suddenly, and the aura around it became green. "Ysli wants to fight, too! Ysli has lots of power! Family said so!" Granted, it's never USED any, but, hey... It knew it had some.
Back to top Go down
Otherworlders
Otherworlders

Ysli - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ysli   Ysli - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 7:32 pm

Ysli still didn't understand, but was sad when it comprehended that they said 'no' pretty much unanimously. "Aw, mayn..." Ysli muttered, kicking the air lightly. It hovered back over to Bryn and sat down on a chair for once, realizing that they were all concerned about its safety. "Well, if you all say so... But you all can't go out and die either! Whatever you say to Ysli, also remember for yourselves!" Though they were experienced, it wouldn't be a good thing if they just went out and died. "If you do just go and die, then you won't be able to be my friends, or to protect me, or anyone!"
Back to top Go down
Otherworlders
Otherworlders

Ysli - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ysli   Ysli - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 7:50 pm

Ysli was still lacking in the understanding department, but had heard of some of those things they said before from family members. Still, a befuddled "What?" escaped its lips passively as it listened to them use words it didn't know the meaning or description of. "Well, what can I do? The only thing I know how to do is use my life force... And shoot laser beams out of my eyes." That probably wasn't going to be useful, but laser beam eyes were still cool. "OH, and apparently, if you're around me too long, you go mad." Ysli smiled and laughed, as if it didn't understand the severity of its words. "Yep. Completely insane. That's what happened to my family, I think... They kept eating my life force and getting more and more insane." Maybe that would contribute to the war somehow? Or be useful for something?

Back to top Go down
Otherworlders
Otherworlders

Ysli - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ysli   Ysli - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 8:03 pm

Ysli wondered about them all and if they were already going insane. Truth be told, Ysli didn't know what normal experiences were, and he only knew that the people in his life went mad because of the fact that they said it to each other, not because Ysli actually knew the difference between a normal person and an insane one. It thought insanity was normalcy. "Well, if you take me somewhere, I'll go! I will do as you say and observe and learn things and not make people go crazy mad super wierd as best I can!" Ysli banged its giant black cuffs together with pleasure, a resonant clang resounding throughout the tavern.
Back to top Go down
Otherworlders
Otherworlders

Ysli - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ysli   Ysli - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 8:19 pm

Ysli nodded its head obediently, seeming to be a very obedient person, and waved goodbye to Bryn, its new friend. Now it was going to try to make friends with Ljos and Alauntree, if they weren't already. But Ysli picked up on their energy and felt that there was something unspoken going on. It might have been part of its abilities to be able to read energy, but it wouldn't know that for sure until it knew more about its own abilities. As of now, it said, "I will go to the sickhouse and get observed! Then, I will observe them, as well!" With that, Ysli floated out of the door and said, "Goodbye! Come visit me! Or I will come find you!" That wasn't a good idea, considering it knew next to nothing about how to navigate. But, oh well. It was gone now.
Back to top Go down
Otherworlders
Otherworlders

Ysli - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ysli   Ysli - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2020 4:26 pm

Ysli had been spending its time learning about everything and becoming more knowledgeable so that it could interact properly with people. Ysli spent most of its time reading books and talking to people, who still found it strange because of how it glowed with an ethereal light all around. Also, its aura made people go insane, so some people did indeed lose their minds after talking to Ysli, but Ysli couldn't tell the difference, and the effects weren't permanent because of the minimal exposure. Ysli just so happened to have been going through the forest, navigating Lightfall on its own so that it could travel. It noticed the bloodied scene and... Smiled, not really understanding it. "Hi there~!" Ysli cried. "I am Ysli~!" It floated over to Paityn.
Back to top Go down
Otherworlders
Otherworlders

Ysli - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ysli   Ysli - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2020 4:36 pm

Ysli didn't know what was going on and didn't know it could be taken as bad. It grinned wide and came close to Paityn. "What it looks like is that you're... Uh... Messy!" Ysli didn't really get why there was someone sleeping in a deer, but it thought that maybe it was something commonplace in the forest. "So, what's your name, messy lady?" Ysli asked innocently, hovering upside down and letting its ethereal glow illuminate the area. It had an inquisitively innocent look on its face as it questioned Paityn, not really concerned about anything else there. "And whatcha doooin?"
Back to top Go down
Otherworlders
Otherworlders

Ysli - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ysli   Ysli - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2020 4:49 pm

Ysli poked its face cutely. "Blood, is it?" Somehow, Ysli felt like it was familiar with blood. However, when it thought about it, flashbacks of when it was trapped by its family underground were recalled and the alfr held it head in pain. "Nnn... Blood... Ysli... Hurt... Blood..." The aura around the alfr became orange as it became frustrated, the light becoming unstable. But after a moment or two, Ysli's aura returned to normal and so did it. It hovered rightside up. "Ahhh... Rememory about stuff... Make Ysli upset..." It looked like it was on the verge of crying. "... Paityn...? Noah...?" Ysli didn't understand nicknames yet. "You are... Ysli's friends, right? Are you... Also alfar?"
Back to top Go down
Otherworlders
Otherworlders

Ysli - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ysli   Ysli - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2020 5:13 pm

Ysli blinked with wide eyes. "Hyooman?" it said in a generic 'I've never seen you before' tone, "Yep, Ysli had never seen a human before!" It thought for a moment, thinking really hard. "... Wait maybe I did that one time...?" It didn't know about Midgard, either. It hadn't read up on the other worlds just yet, and its wisdom about the land it was on was limited. But the name sounded familiar, somehow. "Maybe... There were people from Migdard before...?" Ysli didn't really know. "Ysli is from... Um... Here!" It pointed to the ground. "But underground! That's all Ysli knows." It had no idea of its birth location nor the name of the place. Just 'somewhere on Lightfall'; the generic answer. "I am definitely not lost... This time!" Ysli said triumphantly.
Back to top Go down
Otherworlders
Otherworlders

Ysli - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ysli   Ysli - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2020 5:30 pm

Ysli laughed, hovering back a bit. "Actually, Ysli has never been up to the surface in all of Ysli's life until just recently." It cleared its throat, trying to be mature. "I am learning about my people and my homeland as we speak!" Ysli said. When Paityn said she was lost, Ysli giggled and said, "I can take you to the city! I know the way... Now." Ysli had been traveling around and getting familiar with the outskirts as well... But still got lost sometimes. Ysli was technically always naked, for its ethereal aura clothed it with its thickness, making it seem like Ysli wore pajamas... But its clothes were part of its aura. "Farm? With aminals? Can Ysli go too?" It had never been to a farm before... It didn't think. Maybe it did that one time. "PWEEAASE?"
Back to top Go down
Otherworlders
Otherworlders

Ysli - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ysli   Ysli - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2020 5:43 pm

Ysli spun around in the air happily, its aura glowing brightly and radiating outward some at its excitement. "Yay! Yay Yay Yay!" It stopped spinning, its aura retracting back to its body, "YAY." It had never experienced being kicked out of somewhere before, since it had barely been anywhere to be kicked out of, but it anticipated that to be lots of fun! "That sounds good to Ysli!" it said pleasantly, making a cute face. "So why are you guys all messy, anyway?" The million dollar question finally came up. "And who is this other person? Is she going to be safe by herself? Or will that dead animal protect her?" Ysli figured that the deer would get up and fend off evil should it arise... Or something like that. Oh, to have the mind of a child, yet be ancient...
Back to top Go down
Otherworlders
Otherworlders

Ysli - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ysli   Ysli - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2021 8:23 pm

Ysli appeared for the first time in forever from out of the sky as a hurtling meteorite blazing from above. This, however, halted immediately as the one Ysli, as it was called, manifested from out of an aura of light. It had no knowledge of what had gone on prior to its awakening again except that it went to go sleep in space one day when something was attacking Hearic. Hadn't been up a wink since. Now, as a hovering body -- ever-naked -- and clothed only in the outline of an aura resembling pajamas, the one Ysli hovered before the people it was just getting to know when it went to sleep before. "Howdy!" Ysli said in a a spry tone. "How'sit Goin?" It examined the bathhouse. "Whatcha Doin?"
Back to top Go down
Otherworlders
Otherworlders

Ysli - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ysli   Ysli - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2021 8:42 pm

Ysli made a beaming expression with its body, glowing intensely, illuminating the waters and the walls of the baths. "GREAT! Ysli Thinks. Dunno For Certain. Been Out A Long Time." Though, long was a relative term to Ysli. "Or Maybe It Was Short. Ysli Just Remembers Sleep." It popped a finger to its lips and lowered a rather attractive body in both masculine and feminine ways into the water, which parted from the aura. The aura did, however, shift to compress around Ysli's body. "This Place Looks Different. I... I Think... I Mean, I Only Saw It Once, Then Went To Sleep... And Now... It Looks All Different!" That was the story and we're sticking to it.
Back to top Go down
Otherworlders
Otherworlders

Ysli - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ysli   Ysli - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2021 8:52 pm

Ysli had little knowledge of what a jotun was due to its previous living conditions before Hearic was destroyed in the first place. Certainly, that would have freed the critter and its essence could have found harmony ignorant in the cosmos, but... It was all because of the war that Ysli was even brought out from the underground. "How'd You Guys, Um... How Do I Put This...?" Ysli rubbed the back of its neck as it reclined in the water, "... How Did You LIVE?" Genuinely curious as to what happened in its absence and slumber, Ysli was astonished to come back to this place and find people at all, if all that was spoken was true.
Back to top Go down
Otherworlders
Otherworlders

Ysli - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ysli   Ysli - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2021 9:17 pm

Ysli blinked and flipped upside-down, gazing at Ljos with its luminiscent eyes as she vaguely gave an answer to its question. "Oooooh," it cooed, bringing its feet together and holding them in place as it floated in the water similarly to how it floated in the air. "Well, You Guys Are My Only Friends, Since You Found Ysli Before And--" Before Ysli could go on a tangent, people were departing. "Goodbye!" Ysli said with a perky wave and a pleasant face. Then, it continued, "... Ysli Doesn't Know Anywhere Or Anyone Else Here! Nowhere To Go Now!" It didn't seem at all perturbed by the matter. Maybe Ysli could just live in space?
Back to top Go down
Otherworlders
Otherworlders

Ysli - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ysli   Ysli - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2021 9:32 pm

Ysli inspected Ljos' naked body cutely as she rose from the water, following her rise with its own, though in the form of floating. Hovering before and around her, Ysli examined Ljos' body and looked back to those of the departed. "Teeheeheehee~!" Ysli seemed giddy. "Mead Hall, Hm? No Idea Where That Is," Ysli said with a blatant face of blissful ignorance and disregard. Apparently, though, Ysli hadn't gotten wet at all. "Are You Getting Out? Is The Mead Hall As Quiet And Open As Space Is?" Somehow, Ysli was expecting that to be a yes. If it wasn't, though...
Back to top Go down
Otherworlders
Otherworlders

Ysli - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ysli   Ysli - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2021 9:48 pm

Ysli had no concept of space because it was asleep all during the time it would have been traversing space if freed by the destruction of Hearic instead of the war. It figured Ljos was just making a joke, anyway, despite it being painfully clear that she was dead serious. "You're Such A Kidder. Hahaha." Ysli bat its eyelashes -- which were bright strands of light -- vividly before her, seeming bashful. "Well, Ysli Can Make Friends With Lots Of People!" Wondering if that is a good idea, though? Did Ysli have the social capacity to have regular friends? Forces beyond Ysli could see that going very badly. Val got no physical attention, but Ysli did understand "Cramped? Doesn't Sound Like A Fun Time. Ysli Must Be Free." It crossed its arms, aura shifting.
Back to top Go down
Otherworlders
Otherworlders

Ysli - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ysli   Ysli - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2021 10:00 pm

Ysli clapped its hands together and kicked its legs in the air. "Squee~!! Then Let's Go To The Mead Hall So That We Can Accomplish A Task!!" Ysli was far more excited about that than anyone should have been. Letting its aura settle, it hovered nearby Ljos, then looked to Val. "You're Coming Too? Will That Make It More Cramped?" Ysli didn't know what kind of storage space they were packing, but 'space alfr' was starting to sound pretty neat to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ysli - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ysli   Ysli - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ysli
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Veritas; The Crystal Dimension :: Grand Tabrynth; The Dimensional Crystal Nexus :: Dimension Gate; Dimensions' Beginning and End :: Serendipity; The Story's Beginning-
Jump to: