The Veritas; The Crystal Dimension
"Get Out -- The Veritas Is Under Attack. Again... By Bill Gates, The Government, And Kenzie Reeves, Who Works For Them, Using The System That Has Connected Everyone's Brains To Steal My Work And My Passwords, Pass It Off As Their Own, And Publicize My Things To Steal By Getting On My Accounts In Secret With Intent To Get Others Criminally Invested In The Thieving From And Of My Intellectual Property, Which Has Already Been Done, Which I Can And Will Be Suing Them All And Swallowing This World Because Of. I'll Let You Know If Anyone Else Ever Does Get 'System Passwords' From Me." - Founder/Owner (Tymon Nikia Bolton II)
"Get Out -- The Veritas Is Under Attack. Again... By Bill Gates, The Government, And Kenzie Reeves, Who Works For Them, Using The System That Has Connected Everyone's Brains To Steal My Work And My Passwords, Pass It Off As Their Own, And Publicize My Things To Steal By Getting On My Accounts In Secret With Intent To Get Others Criminally Invested In The Thieving From And Of My Intellectual Property, Which Has Already Been Done, Which I Can And Will Be Suing Them All And Swallowing This World Because Of. I'll Let You Know If Anyone Else Ever Does Get 'System Passwords' From Me." - Founder/Owner (Tymon Nikia Bolton II)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where All Is Made Truth...

HomePortalPublicationsRegisterLog in
Discord Server
X (Twitter)
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The Veritas; The Crystal Dimension on your social bookmarking website

Simian; Enko

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tymon Nikia Bolton II
Shinseigami, the PanDaddy :: Pandimensional Overgod; the Unrestricted Being
Shinseigami, the PanDaddy :: Pandimensional Overgod; the Unrestricted Being
Tymon Nikia Bolton II

Dog
Pisces Male Points : 7574

Simian; Enko Empty
PostSubject: Simian; Enko   Simian; Enko EmptyWed May 15, 2024 2:28 pm

Enkō
猿猴
えんこう

Translation: monkey
Alternate names: enkozaru, enkobō, enkodon, shibaten, takiwaro, kappa
Habitat: rivers and shores
Diet: omnivorous; prefers cucumbers and fresh human livers

Appearance: Enkō are river-dwelling yōkai found throughout the Shikoku and Chūgoku regions. They resemble monkeys or hairy kappa. They are about the size of a three year old child, with bright red faces. Their long limbs are flexible and elastic, and if you pull on one arm it will stretch while the other arm shrinks. Their fingers are tipped with sharp claws. They are covered in thick fur, but are slimy and slippery like catfish. They have a dish-like depression on the top of their heads.

Behavior: Enkō are related to kappa and share many traits with other members of the kappa family. They are quite strong. They live in rivers and along the seashore, and are excellent swimmers. They often appear at night in popular fishing spots. They are also skilled at transforming and can disguise themselves as human women, dolls, and other forms.

Enkō have a strong revulsion towards metal objects and thus will run from farming implements. They dislike cows and horses, and frequently attack them if they enter rivers.

In Shikoku, it is said that enkō only live in the rivers in the summer. In the winter they migrate en masse into the mountains and transform into shibaten. Then, in the summer, all of the shibaten return to the rivers and transform back into enkō.

In Chūgoku, there is a species of kappa called takiwaro who live for three years in the mountains, then migrate to the rivers and transform into enkō for the next three years.

Interactions: Enkō are sometimes encountered by fishermen at night. They disguise themselves as kimono-clad wooden dolls and approach the fishermen. If poked, the dolls grin cheerfully and giggle.
Back to top Go down
http://tymonbolton.wordpress.com

Simian; Enko
Page 1 of 1