The Veritas; The Crystal Dimension
"The Veritas Is Under Attack. Again... By Bill Gates, The Government, And Kenzie Reeves, Who Works For Them. I'll Let You Know If Anyone Else Ever Does Get 'System Passwords' From Me." - Founder/Owner (Tymon Nikia Bolton II)
"The Veritas Is Under Attack. Again... By Bill Gates, The Government, And Kenzie Reeves, Who Works For Them. I'll Let You Know If Anyone Else Ever Does Get 'System Passwords' From Me." - Founder/Owner (Tymon Nikia Bolton II)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where All Is Made Truth...

HomePortalPublicationsRegisterLog in
Discord Server
Twitter
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The Veritas; The Crystal Dimension on your social bookmarking website

Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...?

Go down 
+4
MaTeus
Friday Tsuki
Tomon
Dusk Creatures
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tomon
T-YO; Tensai no Tensei:: God of Truth, Faith, and Righteousness
Tomon

Dog
Pisces Male Points : 904

Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...?   Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 6:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

"Rise From The Grave..."

The Seed was dropped back into its proper place upon arrival in the Veritas It, being where Kuja-kun (Kujata) imprisoned himself awaiting his lover to free him, would awaken as the Forbidden One; Number Thirteen, or, Khrona the Thirteenth. This was his last and final Resurrection, which brought the Second (Kuja) to the Third (Khrona).

"Thank God..."

It has long since been silent; that one, the Dark One. The Forbidden One. He who was not ever supposed to rise again... And this would be the Last Time, for Absolute Certain. Where he slept in the depths of the darkest part of the Nether Regions of the Dusk, once the Phantom, who was his very Soul, had given power to the Spectral Dusk, he, too, gave life to his old body that he abandoned, which was still connected to the Crystal Oversoul... Even whilst locked away in slumber. He kicked open the coffin, that which was kept at the VERY BOTTOM of the Sepulchrum; the ONLY ONE that was kept hidden away from all the others and sealed up with all sorts of dark chains and magics far beyond this world had ever seen... Forbidden from awakening unless in times of crises.

"Who...?" he muttered, his eyes bursting open with a blazing fury, what one might have known as 'Insanity,'  

"Who in the HELL WOKE ME UP!?!?"

Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...? - Page 2 Pumpki18

Last edited by T-YO on Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Tomon

PostSubject: Re: Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...?   Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 10:52 am

His eyes remained sharp, as did his ears, staying focused on his surroundings as he would remain silent, yet keeping his fists brightly lit. Right before his eyes, he would see the form of the actual creature, which was nothing but a condensation of wind that looked like a serpent of sorts. It was fast, and rather smart to stay just out of range of striking distance in the light... But it was clear that it was trying to gain his attention. Once he realized that its main power was manipulating the mind's attentive focus, his plan was set in stone. "Heh..." he chuckled smugly, with a grin to match, eyes now becoming narrow with focus, as would his brow. "You're a weakling for a reason, you know. I don't expect you to come out of your hiding spot, but uh... Just know that now that I know what you're all about, you can't get one over on me anymore."

He continued to walk through the darkness, the light of his flames dimming, not wanting to burn up too much energy too soon. Even if he absorbed the energy of other beings that he killed into himself, it still wasn't wise to stop being conservative. There could have been a battle that he needed more of it for that he would have used up by being reckless. Besides... This thing wasn't worth wasting a lot of energy on. That's what it wanted. He yawned quietly, continuing his search.
Back to top Go down
Dusk Creatures
Kami of the Veritas
Dusk Creatures

PostSubject: Re: Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...?   Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 10:58 am

It scoffed at his remark, suddenly becoming upset with him after calling it 'weak.' Still being a dragon, it was pretty prideful by default, and the moment that was attacked, it retorted with swiftness and cunning. Once it saw that he hadn't chased after its tail, it knew that he wasn't going to be so easy anymore, and things would have to be played cool from now on.

*Oh yeah...?* its voice whispered from the north, *... I'll show you...* it rang from the east, before, once again, slipping up behind him and whirling around his arms as fast as possible, suffocating the flames and leaving him in the dark, yet again. It was going to prove that it was much smarter and faster than he could even comprehend, and leave him in a tizzy before he even had time to realize what happened.
Back to top Go down
Tomon
Tomon

Dog

PostSubject: Re: Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...?   Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 11:18 am

He licked his lips once he heard the very slightest hint of irritation in its voice, knowing that even this creature would act in haste in order to try to prove some sort of dominion or intellectual superiority and make him look foolish, only to fall right into the trap he had set as soon as he realized what kind of creature this was. It wasn't all that difficult in the slightest. "Come and get it..." he said with a wicked wink, biting his tongue to feel the sharpness of his teeth on it, waiting for it to slip right into his hands...

And, wouldn't you know, it did!
"Gotcha!" he said after it suffocated the flame of his first hand and moved to the second, already knowing that once the flame got dim it would try to snuff it out. Thankfully, he had two hands, so he could allow it to suffocate the first and, once it tried to move to the second, he could snatch it right up out of the air with a fiery fist of fury; right by the neck.

"Hahahaha, not so swift now, are ya~?" Because he had a flame encompassed in elemental energy, he was capable of touching elements as though they were physical entities, which allowed him to snatch this snake right up out of the sky and into the palm of his hand... "... You walked right into it. Your mistake was to think that I was stupid just because I didn't know what was going on." He crushed it tightly between his fingers, wanting it to suffer, and to prevent it from escaping, "... A surprise attack is only that, and a one trick pony has only one trick. What do you have when you can't distract your target, hm?" He crushed it tighter, wanting to watch it writhe and struggle to get free, and finish telling it how it fucked up before he utterly killed and absorbed it. "... Nothing. You either run away or you try the same shit again and get crushed. Because, like I said... You're weak." And with that final remark and a snide smile on his face, he would crush the creature and allow the flames to consume it, Absorbing it and its elemental essence into himself.

"... Tch. Didn't even give me much energy. Well, that was to be expected." He shook out his hand, letting the flames die down. "... Maybe I should start trying to like... Go up?" He sighed heavily, realizing now that he'd been in the same spot for quite some time. "Warm ups are done. So, I guess I outta make my way out to the surface... See what's going on with the Veritas. It's been a long time since I've gotten to see it and,  ya know. Chill out there." He started toward the wall and, with the power of Anatomia, would take his foot and step upon it, beginning to scale it as though it were the ground itself. Because the floor above had been destroyed, all he had to do was find the stairs to the next level and he could return to normal. "... It sucks that I'm in the Third, though... But it's kinda cool, too. Seems most fitting..." The things he muttered were of his past life before he died... Again... And had been sealed up down here waiting for his return to the surface world. "Aaaanywho, let me start looking, then..."

Third Restriction -- The thirteenth experimental vessel known as 'The Forbidden One. Tomon is a Vessel that was made from the genetics of Khrona Tensei. Once a test subject, and before that a half-zombie, the body has been used to harbor the Spirit of Khrona Tensei, Tear Lacrimoso.  Able to use the power of 'Anatomia' to alter his DNA. With the perfected body, it harbors the 'Elements of Nature to keep the body from decaying. Known to wear a long black jacket, pants and boots, has sleek black hair and grayed skin. Can use his own Soul' as a weapon.
Back to top Go down
Dusk Creatures
Kami of the Veritas
Dusk Creatures

PostSubject: Re: Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...?   Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 1:46 pm

(Confusion Chaff)

At the man continued onward, taking the necessary steps in order to get to the next level of the dungeon, he would find that as he stepped on the wall, his foot would sink into it ever so slightly, triggering some sort of booby trap. Out of nowhere, a powerful wave burst from under him, causing a chain reaction of explosions to go off throughout the Pit. These were disruptive waves that would cause him great confusion and disturbances in his thoughts. They would go off one after another, rapidly and without relent. The more they went off, the more powerful the distortions would become, trying to stop his progression by confusing him. Around him, many distorted illusions would shape in the darkness. They were high concentrations of this disruptive force that seemed to have sentience, and were all leaping at him from the shadows. The more that struck him, the more powerful the confusion would become, until he could no longer think, or even move, and would most likely fall to the ground. The distortions would disable his powers as long as he remained confused.
Back to top Go down
Tomon
Tomon

Dog

PostSubject: Re: Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...?   Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 2:05 pm

He casually walked along the wall, not even conceiving the thought there might have been booby traps waiting for him (God knows why he wouldn't have considered this), and, upon stepping on the switch, would look down and already realize that he'd fucked up.

"... Dammit."

Before he could do or say anything else, powerful bursts of pure distortion were released one after another, consecutively striking him and building upon each other with each chain reaction. At first it started off alright and he wasn't really all that dazed, but as they kept slamming into him from all around, it started getting into his head, and began to hurt him and his concentration. "Ghhh!!!" he cried out in pain, holding his head, "... What is this...?"

Eventually, his vision became blurred and he would see little concentrations in the form of creatures or something running up toward him in the darkness, crashing into him and causing him more confusion. He wasn't sure what to do nor how to react, having been caught off guard, but he stood firm for as long as he could. Eventually, the little cretins that slammed into him would be too much and he wouldn't be able to maintain his focus for keeping himself stuck to the wall and, after cringing a bit, fall down to the ground. He hit the ground hard, but found that the waves of distortion weren't as prevalent down below, and seemed to merely be a means to keep him from getting up higher. However, whatever those little cretins were definitely continued with hot pursuit.

"... Can't I just get to where I'm going without SOMETHING getting in my way...?" he finally said, standing up and rubbing his head. "Well, this should be easily taken care of. Tch." Because he was at lower ground, he would be able to concentrate a little better, and would, once the next one came at him, snatch it up and Absorb it into himself, allowing him to stabilize the distortions and harmonize with them in order to keep the confusion from affecting him. "Ugh. That's better." When the next one came, he would wave his hand and away it, dispersing its distortion and keeping himself focused on his goal. "Shoo. I don't have time for this." If any of the other ones came at him, they would merely be stabilized and absorbed as they crashed into him, giving him more power as he started back up the wall, Absorbing more and more of the Distortions as they came. If they were still going, he'd just keep taking them until they were gone or until he had enough energy.

"... Well, that was slightly annoying..." he remarked, rubbing his head, "... But any source of energy is a source of energy. And now I can control these distortions. That's pretty swell." As long as he could purify whatever it was he was absorbing (unlike last time), then he wouldn't be sick and it wouldn't be harmful to him. A trap like that wouldn't be catching him again... But, he now also knew that there were booby traps with triggers littered about. "... Great. Gotta watch out for those. Who the hell wanted to keep me down here so badly...? I mean, yeah, I was pissed when I woke up, but now I'm feeling better..." But there was probably a reason on the topside that was for this... Or maybe, this was just to train him once he woke up, knowing that he would simply escape when he got back everything he'd lost after his Death. Whatever the case, he continued on toward where he figured the exit would be to the next floor.

Third Restriction -- The thirteenth experimental vessel known as 'The Forbidden One. Tomon is a Vessel that was made from the genetics of Khrona Tensei. Once a test subject, and before that a half-zombie, the body has been used to harbor the Spirit of Khrona Tensei, Tear Lacrimoso.  Able to use the power of 'Anatomia' to alter his DNA. With the perfected body, it harbors the 'Elements of Nature to keep the body from decaying. Known to wear a long black jacket, pants and boots, has sleek black hair and grayed skin. Can use his own Soul' as a weapon.
Back to top Go down
Dusk Creatures
Kami of the Veritas
Dusk Creatures

PostSubject: Re: Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...?   Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 9:23 am

(Snake Whistle)

After effectively dispelling the Distortion traps set to keep him confounded and from reaching the next level, eventually, the man would find the stairway from the lowest level of the Sepulchrum to the next floor, which happened to be a long way up. As he reached the stairs and walked up, however, he would trigger another booby trap as he stepped on a specific stair; that which would unleash from the walls a slew of deadly creatures that would attempt to stop him; Zombies, Ghosts, Snakes, Demons and all sorts of malevolent creatures that were lying in wait for any intruder to reach the narrow passes. They flooded the stairwell in no time flat, both before him and behind him, in order to keep him from continuing on any farther.
Back to top Go down
Tomon
Tomon

Dog

PostSubject: Re: Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...?   Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 10:05 am

Khrona slipped his hands in his pockets as he lackadaisically made his way to the stairway to the next level, tired eyes rolling over the narrow and slightly long pass, making sure nothing was lurking in the dark. However, to his surprise (even though he should have honestly seen this coming), there was yet ANOTHER booby trap waiting for him in the center of his ascent, posing as one of the stairs.

"... You must be shitting me--" just then, a wave of insidious creatures randomly popped out of the walls, as though they'd been waiting there for an eternity just to jump out and attack whatever fool was foolish enough to step on the rather obvious booby trap that everyone always knows is there... "... Everybody plays 'the Fool' sometimes..." He sighed and shrugged, hearing their wails, moans, hisses, screams and whatever other noises this mess of malicious macabre monsters made.

"... Looks to me like a slew of weaklings... And more minor annoyances..." he rolled his eyes, taking his hands out of his pockets and lighting them again with the burning fires of the 'Dragon Fist,' "'Scuse me..." he mumbled with a slightly irked tone, grasping the first creature that came to him by the face, crushing its head and hurling its body down behind him to trip up the feeble Zombies that were probably too dumb and decrepit to even be able to hobble their way up the stairs. He wasn't really interested in absorbing these creatures, but certainly was going to get them out of his face. "... Outta my way..." he mumbled again, taking his hand and kablasting a random Ghost in the soul, igniting it with his flame and letting its putrid spirit burn to a crisp. Whatever malevolence his fires touched, they would burn to the ground; even if it was a spirit. He smashed the heads of the snakes with his feet, purposefully and angrily as he continued up the stairs, "Sorry," he said halfheartedly, not really meaning it, but kinda also meaning it because it was pretty brutal of a death.

He cleared the most immediate path for himself as he walked up the staircase, fists remaining alight and ready to take down anything else that came in his way. He had no time to play with flunkies.

Back to top Go down
Dusk Creatures
Kami of the Veritas
Dusk Creatures

PostSubject: Re: Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...?   Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 10:20 am

The first wave of creatures that were the nearest to him were destroyed in the brutal manner that was described, the mass of physical entities flooding from behind easily knocked down the narrow pass from being hit by the body of the destroyed monster that was the first to go. This cleared some space out for Khrona as he continued up, and though he was almost to the top, there were still all sorts of monsters waiting for him on the stairwell.

After seeing that a frontal assault wasn't going to get him, the ghosts and incorporeal demons slipped into the walls and past him. Some went down to the fallen vessels and possessed them, granting them some of their powers and causing them to rise from the ground, letting the decaying corpses to be reinforced with their demonic and spiritual power so that they were more sturdy and had the power to levitate. They would immediately rise from the bottom of the staircase and shoot straight back up toward where Khrona was, whilst the remaining physical entities would continue to flood him from the front; some of the Zombies harbored armor and swords, as though they were once living warriors that had been confined into the prison of the walls. Some of the venomous snakes near the top were larger and more hostile. The Zombies came down first, swinging their swords and brandishing their shields so that they would not be so easily destroyed, like the ones that did not have weapons or armor whilst the possessed ones flying up the stairs lashed out viciously attempting to feast upon his flesh, bones and soul from behind.
Back to top Go down
Tomon
Tomon

Dog

PostSubject: Re: Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...?   Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 10:37 am

It was clear that taking these little punks out one at a time in a completely narrow hallway where neither forces could really move around too much was going to work very well in terms of close combat. It would actually just slow him down, and he wasn't having that. It didn't help that he heard the flying possessed zombies and demons rolling up behind him in a league of darkness, and he had the idiots in front of him swinging swords like they wouldn't fracture their bony little wrists and snap their decaying tendons with one wrong swing.

He sighed heavily, raising his blazing fists up,
"... You know what...?" and aimed them in perfect alignment with everything in front of him and everything behind him before calling out, "Degeneration Cannon." The flames spurted forth in both directions as a torrent of fire condensed into a searing hot beam, which would, upon contact with everything it touched, begin to degenerate and destroy the cells, molecules and DNA that comprised it, leaving nothing but ash in its wake. The spirits that had possessed the mass of bodies would, too, be destroyed by this, simply because they possessed them and had come in contact with the flames of the 'Dragon Fist' being used in tandem with the 'Degeneration Cannon.' There should literally have been nothing left up OR down the stairwell.

"Damn. I did not want to use up that much energy, but... Cripes, they were annoying." He shook out his hands from their tightened fists and the flames would come to a fizzle, returning the stairway to darkness. "... I'm not stepping on anymore booby traps," he said decisively, storming up the stairs with great caution, to make sure that he didn't step on anything and that there was nothing left in his path so that he could reach the top to the next floor uninterrupted.

Back to top Go down
Dusk Creatures
Kami of the Veritas
Dusk Creatures

PostSubject: Re: Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...?   Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 10:48 am

(Beast Rage)

As anticipated, the fiery 'Degeneration Cannon' took out all of the creatures that threatened Khrona without much effort, their cells, molecules and basic genetic makeup being completely destroyed by the flames embedded with the power of Anatomia's 'Degeneration.'

However, at the very TOP of the staircase, where the flames had only reached a part of the way, a grotesque, malformed gargantuan snake falling apart at the scales and with a partially melted face lashed about wildly, both in pain and in rage, for its body was disfigured and its cellular structure seemed to still be holding due to the indirect exposure. Its eye slipped out of its skull and on parts of its body, scales would drop to the edge of the stairs, blood pouring out from its slowly decomposing body. Once Khrona reached the top and it saw him, in its bestial rage and incredible pain, it would lash out at him with mouth agape, easily able to swallow him whole. The length of its body was enough to cover half the elongated staircase when uncoiled, but it seemed to be in pain when it moved. Its venom also seemed to be secreting from its teeth and its mouth uncontrollably, the glands and ducts that kept it secure no longer functioning after part of its cells and brain that controlled such were degenerated.

The venom spattered in every direction, completely poisonous and caustic to even the touch, hitting the walls and coating the stairs as it lunged at the target of all its pain and fury. If he were to be touched, the venom would seep into his skin and begin to erode his body with its caustic property.
Back to top Go down
Tomon
Tomon

Dog

PostSubject: Re: Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...?   Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 11:04 am

... Just when he thought he was home free, out of the bag, he found that one of the largest creatures at the very top, guarding the passage to the next room had only been grazed by the flames, apparently, giving it a horrible disfigured form that was actually more gruesome to look at than the already dead and decaying entities, considering that they weren't still... well... Half alive. Their decay wasn't fresh, so it had already set in. This thing was just an eyesore.

"Ew."

Taken aback by its disgusting appearance, he was almost not ready for it to lash out at him viciously, clearly out of rage and pain that it could not control, being an animal and going off of its animal instincts of 'Fight or Flight' in basically every scenario. Khrona immediately hopped backward, flying much farther back than anticipated due to the sloping of the stairs, but easily clearing the lunging snake and the venom due to the wide arc that was available to him from him jumping backward and into a more open space. Whilst the snake lunged downward, because he was in the air and they were both moving backwards (from his original position), he would be be high above the snake and land right on its back.

"This is gonna sting..." he said, a bit sorry for the creature. But, after absorbing the essence of Wrath itself in the form of the 'Punisher,' and being able to CLEARLY see the rage inside of the beast, he would, after touching down, call forth the indignation of Wrath itself. "It's time for your Punishment..." he took off up the scaly creature, leaving in his wake a blazing trail that would spread across the surface of the creature, burning it not only physically, but also spiritually and mentally as long as it would feel such anger inside of it. The flames of Punishment would not ever die until the Wrath that they had latched onto burnt out, even if it meant burning away whatever creature was attached to them. If the snake didn't stop being angry, then the flames would grow larger, consume more of its body, and become more powerful. If, by some miracle, it stopped being angry, however, the flames would cease and spare its body, mind and soul of the blazing inferno.

Whatever happened now was up to the snake, for Khrona saw the exit and went straight for it, seeing that there was nothing else in his path keeping him from the door to the next floor.

Back to top Go down
Dusk Creatures
Kami of the Veritas
Dusk Creatures

PostSubject: Re: Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...?   Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 11:13 am

The creature had no control over its pain nor its anger, and would, after missing its target, begin to flail about wildly, trying to retain some sort of composure. Its body would spasm from the rising pain and sudden rising heat that began to engulf it physically, mentally and spiritually, flames pouring through its already open wounds and deepening them. They sprayed from its mouth like the uncontrollable venom that oozes from its scaly lips and all about the bottom of the stairs. Even its blood boiled as its soul burned, and its body continued to flail about viciously at the incineration of its mind. Eventually, its entire existence would come to a fiery halt, for it was far too infuriated and primal to relinquish its 'Beast Rage' for what it believed to be both its target and adversary, as well as its own pain. There would be nothing left of the creature.

Likewise, Khrona would reach the top of the stairwell and the next floor, where he would find even more coffins and tombstones littered about a misty room. There was light here, though very dim; very faint, and most of it was masked by the deep, stale haze that lingered in the room, apparently for many, many decades.
Back to top Go down
Tomon
Tomon

Dog

PostSubject: Re: Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...?   Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 1:20 pm

Once he reached the new level, he would enter the door and find himself in a room full of a deep, thick, stale mist that rolled over the entire area, barely revealing the coffins and tombs that littered the wide area. The smell and taste of the air was sweet, but also left a stale taste in his mouth; a sweet nothing, like stale candy.

"... Bleh. This taste is really weird... I guess from the air that's been trapped in here for God knows how long..." It may have been thick and difficult to see, but he was able to see pretty well due to his own eyes being adjusted already to this. The dim light also helped a bit. "Alright... Alright... What's the trick to this place? Is it another assault or something?" He walked around cautiously, shifting his weight slowly as not to step on anymore booby traps that were weight activated, like the previous ones. He kept a sharp eye and ear out for anything that may have been lurking in the mist, or something that was probably useful to him figuring out how to resolve the issues. He was aware that he had to kill evil spirits and stuff... That was a given. But sometimes the method varied... It was like a puzzle...

Back to top Go down
Dusk Creatures
Kami of the Veritas
Dusk Creatures

PostSubject: Re: Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...?   Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 1:29 pm

(Giant Rat)

Scuffling and shuffling could be heard in the mist, farther than what Khrona was able to see at the moment. It sounded pretty far off, but the noise echoed throughout the large expansive room, like claws scraping against the surface of stone and other solid material. Before long, the sound of something sliding open and the sound of scratching and rattling could be heard as well, followed by loud cracks that sounded like the snapping and gnashing of bone together. It wasn't clear what was going on, but all of it could be heard rather clearly, even if faintly.
Back to top Go down
Tomon
Tomon

Dog

PostSubject: Re: Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...?   Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 1:36 pm

With his ears open and listening intently for whatever might be already lurking about in the darkness, Khrona finally picked up on the sound of movement in the distance. It was faint at first, but then sudden sharp cracks and gnashes could be heard, like bone clacking against each other or something like that. "... The hell...?" He narrowed his eyes, trying to see through the thick mist, but only finding that he could only see through it up to a point, and it became too dense to see what lay just beyond his eyesight that had to have been making that noise.

However, he was aware that if it was this thick, then whatever it was shouldn't have been able to see him, either. Perhaps he could get the drop on it.

Wherever he heard the sound coming from, he would quietly (whilst still shifting his weight across the floor) walk around the coffins, arcing around to where he believed the noise was coming from, whilst still remaining out of range of sight. He would inch closer and closer as he walked around, making sure that whenever he did get into vision, it would stay relatively faint as not to draw its attention, whatever it was. He kept his eyes sharp.

Back to top Go down
Dusk Creatures
Kami of the Veritas
Dusk Creatures

PostSubject: Re: Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...?   Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 1:45 pm

Clattering of bones, gnashing of teeth, snaps, crackles and pops of all variety continued on for a while, as well as even more shuffling and scraping. It wouldn't be until Khrona arced around the room and sneaked up from behind that he would be able to see the image of a large rat; man-sized, standing on its hind legs and scouring one of the open coffins. In its hand was a bone with rotting flesh and marrow in it, of which it was partaking of rather joyously, whilst also snatching up whatever else that was shiny inside of the coffin for itself. Its teeth and jaws were powerful enough to snap the entire thick bones like they were chicken wings, sucking out the remaining marrow. Granted, some of the bones were already brittle, however this did not make its jaws any less powerful to snap through it. Whatever bone it bit through would it also consume, grinding it up in no time flat and taking a satisfied gulp. It was clear that there was very little food left here. Many of the coffins were already open and completely empty; not a single corpse left inside. Perhaps, what sustained the creature all this time, for however long it had been since it'd been trapped inside of this room. It continued its merry feast, having not heard nor sen Khrona in the slightest, and finished digging through the coffin, trying to find some juicy entrails. Those were the most filling.
Back to top Go down
Tomon
Tomon

Dog

PostSubject: Re: Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...?   Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 1:57 pm

Khrona watched what seemed to be a giant rat from behind gnawing away at the bones of one of the corpses in the open casket, finding it slightly disgusting... Then realizing that he basically did the same thing when he ate animals, so it was like, there was no real difference when an animal did it to a human... Especially since, technically, they were all edible. It was just a matter of this one being completely rancid and old. But, hey, he was probably hungry.

He wasn't sure exactly of what to do about this thing, since it wasn't blatantly hostile like the other creatures he faced, nor had it any knowledge that he was here. To go out and attack something that wasn't attacking him wasn't really... The best idea, nor would it help him with this test he had to go through. Yeah, he retained his memories, even if he was stripped of most of his powers. Another part of this was learning and observing and absorbing so he could regain all of his lost powers... Not as they were, but better than they were before. He crept up closer to the creature, slowly and silently, as not to alert it to his presence, nor to step on a booby trap foolishly, or something stupid like that. Maybe he could... Talk to it? It might have known something... Or had some clue as to what he had to do to get out of here. Not everything had to be his enemy, after all. Could have just been a lost, tortured, misguided soul that needed saving or something... Not an evil, belligerent and destructive force. He would evaluate on its actions and reactions.

Back to top Go down
Dusk Creatures
Kami of the Veritas
Dusk Creatures

PostSubject: Re: Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...?   Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 2:07 pm

As the boy got closer to the creature happily feasting on its scraps that kept it alive, it would, once he got within a certain distance, begin to sniff. It smelt the odor of something that was still living; rather, that still had flesh on it. Where it smelled the reanimated body that was Khrona, it turned its head swiftly, its glowing eyes beaming in the thick mist with a bloodthirsty savagery like that of a hungry, deranged animal. It harbored in its hand the skull of the corpse it had been scavenging, as though it had been interrupted mid-munch, and was nowhere near happy.

Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...? - Page 2 500px-Foto_rata_gigante

It hissed at him, donning on its body many glittering rings and bands that it had scraped off of the dead kings and royalty that were unlucky enough to be buried under here with it, and in its other hand, a large bone that looked to be a tibia, of which it wielded like a club. It stepped forth slightly, looking as though it were ready to strike at him, kill him, and strip him of his flesh and bone... To the giant rat, this man looked like the best meal he'd seen in quite a long time... flesh so tender and relatively fresh. Saliva dripped from its jagged teeth as it hissed again, letting some of it curdle over and onto the ground. Its mouth curled into a beastly grin, as if it anticipated quite the hearty meal...
Back to top Go down
Tomon
Tomon

Dog

PostSubject: Re: Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...?   Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 2:20 pm

When the creature finally noticed him, apparently by his scent, of which he forgot was actually a rat's best sense, he cursed himself silently for fucking up like that and halted immediately in his tracks. "... Fuck." That was all that could be said once it started to approach him, realizing that this was a hungry giant rodent that looked like it hadn't had a taste of any real meat in a long, long time. "Yo, look, don't do this... You don't really want to do this..." he said whilst backing away slowly. Until the creature actually attacked him, he wouldn't do it any harm... But also, he wanted to make sure he kept some distance just in case this thing decided to randomly lash at him with its nasty ass jaws. That's actually what he was more upset about... He didn't want this disgusting rodent touching him after it had its corpse breath all hot and stale. That was probably sickening.

"You... You SHTAY BACK!!!" he yelled at it, doing some weird wiggly motion trying to scare it with his body. If the creature actually were savage, it wouldn't understand any of the words that were said nor would it comprehend the silly motion of his body to hopefully the point of laughter. If it didn't know how to laugh, then it was far too lost in its malicious hunger and would probably have to be slaughtered mercilessly and rather easily. I mean, what could a rat do when he just fought hella zombies and ghosts, Wrath itself and TWO of its dragon pets? Nah. Nah, he didn't want these problems. That's why he was gonna give it a chance...

Back to top Go down
Dusk Creatures
Kami of the Veritas
Dusk Creatures

PostSubject: Re: Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...?   Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 2:31 pm

"The fuck? YOU shtay back!" it hissed at him in sharp retort, even if it was counterproductive to his end goal, "The fuck izza livin guy like youse doin here, eh? Lookin' like a mighty fine SNACK, if I do say so mehself, buddy!"

It was clear from its speech that this creature had intelligence enough to talk and sanity enough to understand, despite how it clearly looked savage and hungry. "Youse gota problem, boy? You got a problem, we can throw down right here, right NAH!!!" The grip on the bone tightened before he raised the skull in his other hand up to Khrona's face, shaking it at him threateningly, "You see dis?! Dis is gunna be YOU in TWO SECONDS if you don't start talkin', chump! Whatchoo doin hyere?"

His accent sounded almost like that of a New Yorker... You know what they say about how big THOSE rats get 'round them parts. However, despite the coherency, the threatening tone was still in his voice. Like he was ready to turn feral at any given time. He still was hungry and he still was a rat, after all.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Needle Ceiling)

When the giant rat took his step forward, he would accidentally, in his threatening rage, trigger one of the many booby traps that he had been so careful all of the years to evade. When that was done, spikes would jut from the ceiling and, in the area where the both of them were, come crashing down with the force of a pounding mallet, ready to skewer and crush them.

After the initial blow, it would rise back up and another part of the expansive ceiling would come crashing down in the same way, before lifting back up as the first section did, and the process would be repeated randomly throughout the entire room. In just that one moment, it would go from silent to trying to pound them flat as though tenderizing meat. One false move and either one of them could be crushed in any part of the room, each part being pounded flat at random.
Back to top Go down
Tomon
Tomon

Dog

PostSubject: Re: Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...?   Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 2:50 pm

"Ohhhh, so you DO speak, huh? And it sounds to me that you're not like those cruddy lizards down at the bottom..." He snickered, adjusting himself to a normal position when it was clear that this thing was able to be talked to. However, even so, he seemed unusually hostile, and it was beyond Khrona as to why that would be... Must have been either afraid (as, when cornered rats were afraid, they started lashing out wildly) or simply angered from his hunger. Whatever the reason, it didn't matter once he stepped forward and accidentally triggered one of the booby traps.

"Mother of--" the first thing he would hear would be the spikes from up above, and he already knew what was coming next; either one of those slowly descending ceilings or one of those swift pounding ceilings. Unfortunately, it was the latter. "-- WATCH OUT!!!" he shouted at the huge rodent before lunging at him, tackling him and taking him down and out of the way of the hammering spiked ceiling before it pounded him flat. "Damn I figured that you would have KNOWN something like this by now!! I presume you've been here a long time!!" That's what he gets for trying to act big and tough in a situation that didn't call for it, too; getting beside himself for an emotion that wasn't necessary when clearly there were other ways that could have been handled... Especially since Khrona CLEARLY had NO hostility toward him.

Before the next section of the ceiling could randomly flatten him, he would hop out of the way, trying to find some sort of pattern to how these things were crashing down. If they were completely random then this would be the most difficult run of their lives. He would run and keep from being crushed as best he could, not wanting to just up and use his powers for the sake of wasting energy. It was VERY clear that this place was a dead zone for that sort of thing and he didn't wake up with much to begin with. Most of what he needed, he'd have to absorb from others... Being a vampire overlord, and all.

"Do you know a way out of here? Or how to shut this off? Or, shit, ANYTHING?!"

Back to top Go down
Dusk Creatures
Kami of the Veritas
Dusk Creatures

PostSubject: Re: Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...?   Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 3:00 pm

It came as a complete shock to the giant rat as well what happened once he tripped the switch, and before he could react, Khrona had already saved him from being smashed to bits. He didn't say anything, but quickly dropped his bones and evaded the next one, now completely frightened for his life and no longer putting up the front of being bold. "Ain't got no idea. Fresh out!" he said rather matter of factly before scurrying off into the mist an arbitrary direction, though strangely enough out of harms way of any of the falling pillars of death. "You didn't see or hear nyuttin'! I dunno nyuttin'!" Before long, he would be so deep into the mist, he wouldn't be able to be seen anymore. The ceilings continued to pound down, however, trying to crush them both. They would grind up a large portion of the coffins and tombstones rather quickly, yet some would remain completely untouched.
Back to top Go down
Tomon
Tomon

Dog

PostSubject: Re: Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...?   Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 3:11 pm

When he heard how quickly his tune changed and saw him run through a course that wasn't getting pounded flat, Khrona knew that the rat was up to no good... as they would. "Oh, you no good lying rodent!!!" he shouted, before hopping out of the way of being crushed.

Being just as cunning as this rodent himself, he would follow right behind him as he tried to dip off into the mist, following in his footsteps paw by paw, making sure not to let this thing out of his sight. He'd keep on that rat's tail like it was his beloved asking for an ass whooping, which, honestly, this rat was, in and of itself.

"COME BACK HERE!" He could see that where the rat ran, the ceiling wasn't crashing down, so it was either that he knew the pattern or he knew where they weren't going to smash. Wherever there was a rat, there HAD to be a hole... And it sucked because after he JUST saved the rat's life, he had NO intention of repaying him... Not that he figured he would. He was a rodent, and most rodents looked out for themselves, anyway, above all. They were survivalists; self-preserving types, so it wasn't like this type of behavior was UNCOMMON or anything...

During his pursuit, he also noticed that some of the coffins and tombs hadn't been destroyed in places, meaning that there definitely were parts of the ceiling that weren't meant to smash down and crush anything under it.

Back to top Go down
Dusk Creatures
Kami of the Veritas
Dusk Creatures

PostSubject: Re: Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...?   Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 3:18 pm

Khrona was right on the money in following the large rat everywhere it went, for where it went, the pillars either did not crash down or lagged behind more than the ones that prominently smashed down. It was clear that he knew the way very well and was searching for something inside of the mist.

When he realized that Khrona was on his tail, however, he realized that he was going to get him off his ass, or else he was gonna get caught. However, he wasn't stupid nor bold enough to go right back into the place where HE could get smashed to pieces with a single false move. Nah, he'd rather preserve his own safety than worry about who was following him at all. Self-preservation was key to this type of creature, as was with most bottom feeders. "Naaaah, you ain't worth my time, ya bastard!!" he squeaked, making a sharp turn and darting off into the mist, where he wouldn't be seen anymore. No matter how hard Khrona looked, he wouldn't be able to find the Rat out in the open or on the surface anymore. The mist masked his sharp movement and the commotion kept him from being heard. Where he went after that, who knows? He was just gone from the surface and out of plain sight, completely and utterly, just like that. With that, he should have effectively gotten the guy off his ass...
Back to top Go down
Tomon
Tomon

Dog

PostSubject: Re: Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...?   Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 3:37 pm

Just as suspected, Khrona was completely out of harm's way by following the crafty rodent, finding that, as they do, he had been trying to send him off, lying and covering up everything he said and did in order to keep himself from being exposed. "Lying ass mother fu--" Before he could get a hold of him, though, he made a sharp turn in the cut of the mist and disappeared suddenly, as though he hadn't ever been there in the first place... Which was, honestly, beyond him.

"... Oh, you've gotta be SHITTING me. How does a big fat ass rat like that just up and DISAPPEAR...?!" It didn't make any sense to him... Unless, like he said... "... That rat has a hole around here somewhere..." It was clever of him to have darted off and gone into it so quickly, especially with all the mist that was around here. Rodents were known to also be able to fit into very small crevices... Not that a big ass rodent like that would have been able to fit into some tiny mouse hole or anything, but by the time Khrona found it, he definitely could and would have been long gone by then... He was much more cunning than he originally anticipated. But that was also to be expected of a creature that had to use its wits over its strength to scrape for food and outsmart any and all that got in its way when it was frightened or in danger. Most creatures that had such wit, cunning and were crafty were only so because of the fact that they needed to be in order to be elusive and evasive in order to ensure they were always out of harm's way AND got what they wanted without being detected... For if they did, it usually meant their death.

In this case, Khrona was both witty AND powerful, so he wasn't gonna run away like a little mousy. And, to face yet another crafty escape artist... He would send the winds of that clever 'distractor' that he just recently absorbed.
"Alright, Whispering Wind... Let's see how useful your art of distraction can be..." He waved his hand and unleashed a wave of wind that would whirl around and blow away the mist, to see just where it had gone, hopefully exposing a hole of some kind. Whatever and wherever, he would still command it to "Go get him," before condensing the wind spirit and sending it out after the rat, following in the wake of its own aroma, which should have been lingering about... and eventually, in the wake of its own movement, wherever it was, leaving a trail for Khrona to follow.

Back to top Go down
Dusk Creatures
Kami of the Veritas
Dusk Creatures

PostSubject: Re: Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...?   Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 5:31 am

As expected, when the mist was cleared by the wind spirit, the rat's hole would be exposed. It wasn't a hole that was straight down, but was actually shifted stone and tunneled at a diagonal angle, so that one would not see nor feel it when they walked, and if they tripped over it, one could simply believe that it was nothing but stones getting in the way. It was just large enough for the rat to be able to squeeze through, but small enough where it could be hidden with stone and made inconspicuous for one who wasn't perceptive. In addition to that, despite how large the rat was, due to rodents being able to squeeze themselves into crevices smaller than their bodies, it was smaller than what a human man could fit through, even if the rat itself was larger than the man. It got wider and opened up more down the line in order to give him some room to run when he got deep inside the hole, and he would be able to run through it as though it were normal terrain.

"Hyeheheh! Lost em!" he said triumphantly, scurrying through the intricate system of tunnels that connected under the surface of the pounding 'Needle Ceiling' pillars. Though, the giant rat would find himself a rude awakening when the Whispering Wind trailed right behind him, leaving a way for Khrona to follow him later on. He didn't notice it, since the Whispering Wind was silent, but when he got to the heart of his hideout, it was already too late. The rat didn't even notice the wind, but would sigh in relief as he made it out of that hairy situation unscathed. In his dwelling there were many treasures that he'd snatched up over the years from inside the coffins, usually when he went to feast, of which he would lean back on and bask in. "Hyahahaha! Made out like a bandit, son!!!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...?   Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rise From The Grave; Who Woke Me Up...?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next