The Veritas; The Crystal Dimension
"Get Out -- The Veritas Is Under Attack. Again... By Bill Gates, The Government, And Kenzie Reeves, Who Works For Them, Using The System That Has Connected Everyone's Brains To Steal My Work And My Passwords, Pass It Off As Their Own, And Publicize My Things To Steal By Getting On My Accounts In Secret With Intent To Get Others Criminally Invested In The Thieving From And Of My Intellectual Property, Which Has Already Been Done, Which I Can And Will Be Suing Them All And Swallowing This World Because Of. I'll Let You Know If Anyone Else Ever Does Get 'System Passwords' From Me." - Founder/Owner (Tymon Nikia Bolton II)
"Get Out -- The Veritas Is Under Attack. Again... By Bill Gates, The Government, And Kenzie Reeves, Who Works For Them, Using The System That Has Connected Everyone's Brains To Steal My Work And My Passwords, Pass It Off As Their Own, And Publicize My Things To Steal By Getting On My Accounts In Secret With Intent To Get Others Criminally Invested In The Thieving From And Of My Intellectual Property, Which Has Already Been Done, Which I Can And Will Be Suing Them All And Swallowing This World Because Of. I'll Let You Know If Anyone Else Ever Does Get 'System Passwords' From Me." - Founder/Owner (Tymon Nikia Bolton II)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where All Is Made Truth...

HomePortalPublicationsRegisterLog in
Discord Server
X (Twitter)
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The Veritas; The Crystal Dimension on your social bookmarking website

Metal Abyss

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dusk Citizens
Kami of the Dusk :: Fate Shogun
Dusk Citizens

Metal Abyss - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Metal Abyss   Metal Abyss - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 31, 2020 11:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

Self given name after the void in her cold heart. Standard generic goth chick with a bleak disposition on generally everything. Wears a black tube top with a skull on it, tight leather pants, and steel toe boots. She's paid to be generic as a job.

Last edited by Dusk Citizens on Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Dusk Citizens

PostSubject: L.P.   Metal Abyss - Page 2 EmptyTue May 18, 2021 1:43 am

Metal Abyss had never been this far from her home town before. This was the first time the job she had ever brought her to such a place... Though, granted, it was her boss that brought her on this expedition. Not just any boss, mind you -- a crime boss. One of the most conniving of them all, but with a vicious temperament to match his sleazy manner. He'd hired the young Metal Abyss -- as she'd dubbed herself -- to be his stand-up gal... To be someone for him. It wasn't exactly the best job, but it paid well, and Abyss seemed okay with that much. But dealing with this guy and watching him work was an atrocity. The goth was sent to get refreshments from the store when she noticed a feline, an ursine, and a human intermingling. Wary, she stood by until noticed.
Back to top Go down
Dusk Citizens
Dusk Citizens

PostSubject: Re: Metal Abyss   Metal Abyss - Page 2 EmptyTue May 18, 2021 2:15 am

Metal Abyss, as she passed by, overheard the feline saying something about the woman 'rescuing those in need'. Could this be the big break that Metal Abyss was looking for? She passed by the two without a glance, leaving her ears open. As she gathered some refreshments, she became more and more curious about these people and this... 'Rescuing' that the woman did. Metal Abyss went up to the counter, eyes cut to gazing at Zuu from the corners, and placed the beverages on it. "I wish someone would 'rescue' me," she said almost desperately in a deadpan fashion when they spoke of moving, "My boss is a real piece of work..." Feigning speaking to the clerk, Metal Abyss made sure her words were loud enough to be heard. "I'd do anything to get out."
Back to top Go down
Dusk Citizens
Dusk Citizens

PostSubject: Re: Metal Abyss   Metal Abyss - Page 2 EmptyTue May 18, 2021 2:55 am

Metal Abyss wasn't too clear on what was going on from eavesdropping alone, but it sounded like she was heard. Maybe one of them got the message. As she got her items checked, before Zuu went outside, she'd pass by Metal Abyss, who visibly had a wad of cash in her hand... Almost as if she was flaunting it. "I guess I'm not the 'type' to be 'rescued', huh?" she said, pulling out a bill and placing it on the counter. It was more than enough for just two beverages, and a "Keep the change," was uttered after the purchase. Once Zuu was outside, the cash went back in the pocket... But the bear that was with her stayed behind. Grabbing her refreshments, Abyss took a step back to allow the bear his turn. She didn't leave the store, however... Not quite yet. She dragged it out, too.
Back to top Go down
Dusk Citizens
Dusk Citizens

PostSubject: Re: Metal Abyss   Metal Abyss - Page 2 EmptyTue May 18, 2021 3:44 am

Metal Abyss's dark, gloomy eyes were like a window into her pitch black soul, -- which had long since been void -- and she gave the bear the rundown without any hesitation or excitement. "Crime boss outside wanted me for his own. Paid well; took the job... But my boss is a sleazeball. I'm looking for out but I know my life is on the line. I've seen what he does. Which is why..." Abyss trailed off a bit. "... Why I don't want to be part of that life anymore. I can get another job that pays well..." Speaking of... "... Any openings?" Whether she meant 'with the group' or 'with another business' was left as ambiguous as her grim personality. "He's outside waiting. Can't talk for long." Metal Abyss sighed and said, "Make it count."
Back to top Go down
Dusk Citizens
Dusk Citizens

PostSubject: Re: Metal Abyss   Metal Abyss - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2021 5:44 pm

Metal Abyss hadn't the chance to get a definite answer about joining Zuu in her endeavors due to her tardiness in returning to her boss. Though he was lenient with her because she was attractive, he could tell by her body language that she was up to something. This prompted him to take her away, and Metal Abyss would have no more chances to engage with Zuu or Ollie or the bear that referred her previously. Just as quickly and mysteriously as she came was she gone, seemingly to a place without a trace... A hideaway of sorts, though temporary. It was more than troublesome to have been in the situation of being paid so much for such an easy job, yet having to sign away her life at the same time. Abyss only did what she knew to: Maintain a distant persona and wait.
Back to top Go down
Dusk Citizens
Dusk Citizens

PostSubject: Re: Metal Abyss   Metal Abyss - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2021 6:01 pm

Metal Abyss was thinking over the events that took place before she went back to her boss. Ollie's interaction with him was more than what it needed to be, having weapons drawn and the like, since it could have gotten him killed, but fortunately that wasn't the case. Abyss had been silent and obedient to her boss after knowing she'd messed up. She didn't speak to him, for she was too lost in thought about it all... Especially the bear. When she overheard Zuu in the store, she was eager to gang up with her, but the problem was that the situation required haste, and time was not on her side. Mulling over these things, Abyss wondered if she'd ever find a way to escape... Or meet those people again. Hope wasn't something she normally felt, but... They seemed to be the answer.
Back to top Go down
Dusk Citizens
Dusk Citizens

PostSubject: Re: Metal Abyss   Metal Abyss - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2021 6:52 pm

Metal Abyss was silent. "You almost worried me in there, Abyss..." spoke her boss, the wolf who owned the car, "... Don't tell me that your pretty little self took your sweet time while I'm on business. That could..." He paused purposefully, drawing a switchblade and pointing it toward her, "... Cut your pay in half." Abyss was silent, unfazed by the threat. He was just huffing and puffing. But she knew that he was serious about docking her pay, which hurt her more than the switchblade ever could. "... Come on, talk, dammit!" The wolf grabbed her by the face and turned her head towards him, explaining, "Those few minutes you were in there too long got me exposed to some stray cat on the street lookin' for a death wish. Things could have gotten messy for me... And you."
Back to top Go down
Dusk Citizens
Dusk Citizens

PostSubject: Re: Metal Abyss   Metal Abyss - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2021 6:59 pm

Metal Abyss looked to the wolf with a distant gaze, like she wasn't even there. She didn't bother averting her gaze or trying to struggle. She was damn near lifeless as he spoke to her, which angered him further. "Do you understand what will happen if I'm caught? What will happen to me? What will happen to YOU? I don't pay you to be a liability, I pay you to be a decoy!!" He forcefully thrust her face to the side, growling under his breath, "... Get out of the car." Metal Abyss knew it was wise to do as he said for now, since he could do more than huff and puff when he was really serious. She opened the door silently and closed it behind herself, hearing the words, "And you ain't gettin' NOTHIN' today." Abyss winced, which made the wolf smirk smugly. "Walk home," he said.
Back to top Go down
Dusk Citizens
Dusk Citizens

PostSubject: Re: Metal Abyss   Metal Abyss - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2021 7:46 pm

Metal Abyss crossed her arms and watched as the car drove off, a significantly smaller wad of money being flung out of the crack of the window and landing in a small puddle of water. Metal Abyss waited until the car hit the corner to grab the money, shaking it a bit and muttering to herself, "... Girl's gotta eat..." to convince herself that taking this dirt money was what was best for her. She couldn't help but think back to the trio at the store, starting on her way. Little did she know, they would cross paths sooner than later with the route she chose to take. She didn't want them to get any more involved than they were since her oh-so-caring boss would 'take care' of them if they did... But against her wishes, she ran into them haphazardly, stunned when she saw them.
Back to top Go down
Dusk Citizens
Dusk Citizens

PostSubject: Re: Metal Abyss   Metal Abyss - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2021 7:49 pm

Metal Abyss stood silently for a little while, thinking of what she should do next. Should she get them involved and possibly risk their lives and maybe even her own? Or... Should she walk away and pretend she didn't see them? Something inside her wouldn't let her move, but something else wouldn't let her speak, either. She was frozen, stuck between a rock and a hard place. Maybe they'd take notice of her, maybe not; the underlying truth was... Something was bound to happen. Something.
Back to top Go down
Dusk Citizens
Dusk Citizens

PostSubject: Re: Metal Abyss   Metal Abyss - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2021 8:21 pm

Metal Abyss was in a daze for a while. She was snapped out of it by Zuu's words, blinking profusely as she regained her bearings. "Wouldn't be the first time," she finally said, her legs moving on their own toward them once she was acknowledged. "Can't say I expected to ever see you all again, either. Were you...?" It suddenly hit Abyss that they'd definitely been following the car somehow, and that they were after Metal Abyss... Or, so she figured. If they were after her boss, that was cool, too. "If you're lookin' to get your nose into some of his business, I'm your gal." She knew all about him and what he did. "I'm off the job for the night," she'd say to them, arms still crossed over her chest, "But I can afford a little charity work if I get some in return." She shook the now dry wad of money.
Back to top Go down
Dusk Citizens
Dusk Citizens

PostSubject: Re: Metal Abyss   Metal Abyss - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2021 9:02 pm

Metal Abyss gazed with blank, uncaring eyes as Zuu patted her down, in no way feeling violated or offended. "Yeah, tell me about it," Metal Abyss responded to Zuu, "That's how I got into this mess in the first place." Turning her attention to Ollie, Abyss noticed him fiddling with something and his bag. She presumed that's what it was that led him here, whatever it was. To him, she said, "Yeah, he's not too thrilled with me right now. Told me to get out and walk home. Which I was doing until... This." She spread her arms out as if to express the entirety of the situation at hand. "And yeah, I COULD just be his little minion, but what, you think I'd help him off the clock?" That was her idea of a joke. A sad, sad idea of a joke.
Back to top Go down
Dusk Citizens
Dusk Citizens

PostSubject: Re: Metal Abyss   Metal Abyss - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2021 9:08 pm

Metal Abyss didn't seem very emotional about anything, but she certainly had a smart mouth. That said, she would continue, "I've been through with him for a while now, but see, he's not through with me. It's not like I can just walk away from everything and my life goes back to normal... I'm in too deep. He just ropes me back in because I've got nothing else going for me, and he won't let me go because I know too much about him." She paused. "Look, I'll tell you whatever you wanna know. About me, about him, about whatever. Just... Help me out, wouldja?" It wasn't like Abyss to ask for help, but when you see a way out, you don't just turn it down. Not when you live THIS life.
Back to top Go down
Dusk Citizens
Dusk Citizens

PostSubject: Re: Metal Abyss   Metal Abyss - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2021 7:50 pm

Metal Abyss lowered her eyelids at Zuu's response about not carrying and said, "My looks can kill." She was trying to be funny, but was also kinda serious. "Well I get that you don't have to give a fuck about me or get involved at all, and I should probably just go back to the life I live and leave you alone... But..." That 'but' held a lot of emotion in it, despite Abyss' nearly emotionless face. "... But I want something better for myself. Freedom, mostly." It was as simple as that. At the notion of 'ponying up', she muttered, "Well, there goes dinner..." with a hint of sarcasm to her voice as she lackadaisically presented the wad of cash. "I hope I can count on your 'services'." Metal Abyss checked her surroundings as well, knowing damn well that the boss man could still be near.
Back to top Go down
Dusk Citizens
Dusk Citizens

PostSubject: Re: Metal Abyss   Metal Abyss - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2021 7:56 pm

Metal Abyss answered Ollie's questioning with, "He DOES have an interest in me, though. I can't just leave. Trust me, it doesn't work out. I'm good at what I do and he knows it, and I do, too." Her gaze shifted away, but without the turn of her head. "I'm paid to be a generic person. Someone who doesn't stand out. I go in and do some things for him, act as a decoy for when he wants to pull any of his 'operations', and keep him looking inconspicuous when he does do his work himself, as rarely as it might be." She sighed heavily. "He's probably going to be waiting at my house expecting me to be home. I'm a necessity to him, not an option, and it's because I make him look less suspicious." Metal Abyss tapped her foot. "So yeah, I'm pretty screwed. Ya get me?"
Back to top Go down
Dusk Citizens
Dusk Citizens

PostSubject: Re: Metal Abyss   Metal Abyss - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2021 8:31 pm

Metal Abyss gave a... Smirk? Closest thing that was going to be to a smile. With it, a halfhearted two-fingered salute and a, "You got it, boss," to Zuu. Now, Abyss may have been generic, but she wasn't dumb, and she wasn't generic as a person, she was that way as a job. "I can prove to be of some use to you. Maybe get you some more cash in your pocket by doing just what I do best already. I take it that you'll do your job well, and I'll play my role well, as well." Metal Abyss could tell that Ollie wasn't exactly on board, as he seemed skeptical in his manner. But if he was with Zuu, then he was her teammate, so to speak. "Anyway, there's no way you two could have 'happened' upon me and the wolf. How did you find us? He may be a brute, but he's cautious, I know that."
Back to top Go down
Dusk Citizens
Dusk Citizens

PostSubject: Re: Metal Abyss   Metal Abyss - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2021 9:20 pm

Metal Abyss was left in the dark about just how they managed to track the car, but she didn't dote on it. She wasn't the type. Hearing Zuu explain what she had going on in her head for the job rather vaguely and then make a call brought a certain interest to Metal Abyss that she normally did not have. It seemed like Zuu had it all figured out, so Abyss wasn't going to worry... But time was not her friend right now, especially with the wolf probably waiting for her to get home. When Ollie spoke again, Metal Abyss turned to him and said, "Must be the 'luck of the Irish'." Abyss really was as generic as it got, saying cheesy cliché lines like that with a sarcastic tone. But it didn't matter. Zuu was in control and Abyss was going to let her do her work.
Back to top Go down
Dusk Citizens
Dusk Citizens

PostSubject: Re: Metal Abyss   Metal Abyss - Page 2 EmptyMon May 31, 2021 9:14 pm

Metal Abyss really wasn't all that familiar with 'The Baron', as she was kept mostly in the dark about his presence, and she was sure he probably liked it, save for if it came to intimidation or notoriety. Her ex-boss didn't explain him much, but was scared stiff of the very mention of him. Made Abyss no mind, she'd never met the guy. However, indirect interaction was involved when Zuu asked for a name. "Don't laugh," she said in the most serious, deadpan voice one could imagine, "... He refers to himself as... 'Snoop-Da-Woop'." Metal Abyss hated it, quite honestly. Only soon after would she say, "But most just call him 'Snoop'. Which is how he gets away with such a ridiculous name." Metal Abyss shook her head, sighing heavily, arms crossed.
Back to top Go down
Dusk Citizens
Dusk Citizens

PostSubject: Re: Metal Abyss   Metal Abyss - Page 2 EmptyMon May 31, 2021 9:49 pm

Metal Abyss quirked a brow, still not quite understanding the severity of the Baron's reach, but being impressed by the knowledge and grasp he had on the situation. "Seems like he is the REAL boss of this outfit..." Metal Abyss proclaimed with a hint of confidence to her otherwise bland tone, "... But I know my obligation belongs to you, boss. Especially if this all goes off without a hitch." Though it was just the three of them, that did have an advantage as being less easy to track and destroy than a larger group, and splitting up was always an option. "Seems like this is going to terrify Snoop into backing off... If he knows that it's the Baron that sends his demise..." Abyss chuckled morosely.
Back to top Go down
Dusk Citizens
Dusk Citizens

PostSubject: Re: Metal Abyss   Metal Abyss - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2021 9:04 pm

Metal Abyss did hear what Zuu spoke about the Baron as they entered her home, of which Metal Abyss was more or less silent about. Nothing that needn't be said should, in her book. Being offered the chance to freshen up a bit, she politely accepted in respect to her new boss and her living quarters, but felt a bit awkward using her shower, so that was short-lived. By the time she was ready to come out, it hadn't been more than five-to-ten minutes. But much could be said and done in that timeframe. "Did I miss anything?" Abyss asked as she walked out of the bathroom, trying to dry her hair as best she could. "I'm trying to stay in the know, myself, boss." She patiently awaited Zuu.
Back to top Go down
Dusk Citizens
Dusk Citizens

PostSubject: Re: Metal Abyss   Metal Abyss - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2021 9:50 pm

Metal Abyss's face looked stale and blank as she blinked only once or twice at the conversation being had in front of and about her. "Yep, that's me. Miss Generic," she repeated, not really offended since she said that was her job. "But hell, you can call me Metal Abyss. Metal or Abyss, if you like." Either way, she barely cared. She was called all sorts of things that she either responded to... Or didn't. "Sooo... Just to make a note, he's probably pissed that I haven't made it home yet. I'm certain he's out looking for me." Abyss shrugged her shoulders, though. "Wouldn't be the first time. But uh, if we could hurry it up and take care of him before he gets his paws back on me, that would be great." She sounded like she didn't care, but part of her knew to get it out of the way. Fast.
Back to top Go down
Dusk Citizens
Dusk Citizens

PostSubject: Re: Metal Abyss   Metal Abyss - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2021 10:25 pm

Metal Abyss took her can of beer and -- expectedly or unexpectedly -- chugged it down. Seemed like she wasn't a lightweight when it came to the matter of alcohol. Though, before she got halfway through, she stopped and quirked a brow curiously, giving a smirk of disbelief at Zuu's words. "Really? Hope you give me the right part in the play, coach." She looked to Ollie and said to him, "I appreciate it," before moving toward the seating area to grab herself one. To Zuu, Metal Abyss responded, "I mean, I'm no professional or anything, but..." She shrugged again. "... It's not like I've never had to use one before." And, like the goth that she was, she had to include, "But I'm much better with a knife." Show lowered her brows, and her eyelids. "Why?"
Back to top Go down
Dusk Citizens
Dusk Citizens

PostSubject: Re: Metal Abyss   Metal Abyss - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2021 10:53 pm

Metal Abyss was hit with a toughie. "Uhhh, I mean..." She really didn't have any redeeming qualities or talents except looking pretty and being generic. But she thought of what Snoop used her for beyond just being generic and realized she had a little more up her sleeve than she thought. "... I can be a pretty good decoy. A frontman, if you will." Again, she shrugged, which seemed to be her passive way of putting off her shortcomings. "And I'm pretty good at getting information. Or being inconspicuous." Face still nearly blank as a slate, she went on to say, "I play video games real good, too." But, they weren't getting to the heart of Metal Abyss... If that even existed anymore. Her hidden talents and qualities might have been more useful... If she was herself.
Back to top Go down
Dusk Citizens
Dusk Citizens

PostSubject: Re: Metal Abyss   Metal Abyss - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2021 10:55 pm

Metal Abyss looked Ollie's way with an odd and confused expression, seeming concerned, but not really. "Uhhh, you gonna be okay there, Ollie? Doesn't seem like this drink is for you." Metal Abyss took a long sip.
Back to top Go down
Dusk Citizens
Dusk Citizens

PostSubject: Re: Metal Abyss   Metal Abyss - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2021 11:34 pm

Metal Abyss remained deadpan, eyes drifting to the side as her head remained motionless. "Yeah, well at least I'm not someone's puppet." That seemed to be the hangup for her. "All the razzle-dazzle doesn't suit me. It's actually really annoying." She smirked, though, saying, "But I'll kill someone who fucks me over," before chuckling raspy. "I can do what needs doing. Just let me know what it is and I'll put some effort into it." That was all she really could say about the matter. "Anyway, I've gotta thank you for dealing with Snoop. He's decidedly... Not pleasant." She sighed. "Though, most things in my life aren't... So maybe that's why these conditions don't deter me." Metal Abyss smirked slyly. "And I'm sure you come up on your golden eggs every now and then, am I right?"
Back to top Go down
Dusk Citizens
Dusk Citizens

PostSubject: Re: Metal Abyss   Metal Abyss - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2021 11:48 pm

Metal Abyss, even so, had to dig deep down into the void that was her pitch black heart to muster up the insight to what it was that she could do. She knew very well what she was capable of, no matter how long it had been since she'd done it. But Ollie's investment in assisting her was definitely appreciated. "I'm sure the smuggling business needs someone who can be stealthy, or at least who can bring the tide in favor. I can sweet talk; been experienced in that since dealing with Snoop. I've gotten myself a lot of random experience from the thug life, and I can be aggressive when I really need to be. I don't have much to live for, so putting my life on the table is pretty much not a problem for me." Abyss paused, gauging Zuu. "Useful?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Abyss   Metal Abyss - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Metal Abyss
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next